Age of Apocalypse

Typhoon

Age of Apocalypse

Post by Typhoon »

Age of Apocalypse AoA would be
set in post apocaliptic world

Factions:

Survivors:
Survivors are mostly armed civilians with variety of weapons and same variety of specialized survivors like doctor engineer and police
What makes their units better in what they do
Bandits:
Bandits have a lot of stolen weapons and vehicles which makes them most mobile faction and best weaponized faction right after Military while having fragile units
Military:
Military are best weaponized faction their units are well trained but not cheap but surely armored vehicle or sniper might be worth the price
Mutants:
Mutants have no firearm but I'm sure they will find another way to kill you from distance, they are strong in melee
Last edited by Typhoon on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Im not coming. Im impending
Midonik

Re: Age of Apocalypse

Post by Midonik »

How about some mutants faction,it might be cool.
Age of Apocalypse is a game that sounds good,we can start working on it someday.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

But of course I had Mutants/Zombies Robots or whatever could start apocalypse in plans but. I still must rethink about their special thing maybe
bio-warfare
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

That and brutal,rushy units,like orcs,if we make mutants.
If zombies, quantity,slow,bio warfare also fits.
Robots... expensive,well armored and armed... I will prefer 1st or 2nd,we will have robots in AoG anyway.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

Post by Prof_GamerARCHIVED »

I believe mutants/zombies would best fit with this title.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Schloisser

Post by Schloisser »

For indirect fire...Maybe mutants can spit acid or spew fire (because some of them can synthesis combustible gases in their's body). Strong heavy mutants,of course, can throw stones or something, like catapultes. If there is hive-mutant, it can attack with its body's habitant, spit out clouds of mut-fly( they are not live long and disappeared soon after being erupted). Some other can fire spikes, can spit up little stones rapidly like bullets from it' s special muscular organ ( organic gun). And most smart mutants - humanoids can use human's weaponry, fire-arms or even machines.
My other think that some mutants can convert people. There is a ways:
1: It is psy-mutant, that can hypnosis and zombifies people with some rate of success. If there is fraction of Zombies, Human unit attacked by Controller turn in Zombie unit ( permanently?) (Controllers is actually not my idea, those mutants are from computer games and ficbooks of STALKER.)
2: There is mutant that use human bodies as incubator for it's larvaes (hello Alien!)). Then after some time infected unit turn in Alien permanently.
3: Or it can be some other parasites, like disease, that make human fall in madness. It can be bacteria, or Protozoa, or virus. Maybe causative agents of disease have some special carrier, it mutant - infector.
To protect against this threat, you can learn a Tech called "Vaccine". It is like "Loyalty" - infected people lose almost all HP, but dont go crazy. Humans medics can heal infected unit ( not 100 % possibility).
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Professional_Gamer wrote:I believe mutants/zombies would best fit with this title.
We might fuse them into one faction
Schloisser wrote:For indirect fire...Maybe mutants can spit acid or spew fire (because some of them can synthesis combustible gases in their's body). Strong heavy mutants,of course, can throw stones or something, like catapultes. If there is hive-mutant, it can attack with its body's habitant, spit out clouds of mut-fly( they are not live long and disappeared soon after being erupted). Some other can fire spikes, can spit up little stones rapidly like bullets from it' s special muscular organ ( organic gun). And most smart mutants - humanoids can use human's weaponry, fire-arms or even machines.
My other think that some mutants can convert people. There is a ways:
1: It is psy-mutant, that can hypnosis and zombifies people with some rate of success. If there is fraction of Zombies, Human unit attacked by Controller turn in Zombie unit ( permanently?) (Controllers is actually not my idea, those mutants are from computer games and ficbooks of STALKER.)
2: There is mutant that use human bodies as incubator for it's larvaes (hello Alien!)). Then after some time infected unit turn in Alien permanently.
3: Or it can be some other parasites, like disease, that make human fall in madness. It can be bacteria, or Protozoa, or virus. Maybe causative agents of disease have some special carrier, it mutant - infector.
To protect against this threat, you can learn a Tech called "Vaccine". It is like "Loyalty" - infected people lose almost all HP, but dont go crazy. Humans medics can heal infected unit ( not 100 % possibility).
Great ideas
Schloisser

Post by Schloisser »

Thanks! :D.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

I have an interesting mechanic idea for the game: looting. Everytime someone with weapons die it will leave corpse. Survivors can only train units with makeshift weapons. If they want to get better weapons they need to loot it from dead units or make their own with longer process. Survivors need a lot of research to be very strong.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

May b survivors can use cars to ram down zombies, and use emp grenades to shut down robots, then control them
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Prizracoss

Post by Prizracoss »

Good idea!
The bird of hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

I was thinking on something like this, glad to know i wasn't the first :lol:
Tho, pretty hard to distinguish survivors from bandits... Survivors can easily steal to survive... So I believe both should be merged. But as 4th faction, i suggest a second military faction. Or maybe we can make 3 corporations with their own traits, being 6 factions...
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Late reply but still better than nothing right?
Yeah I didnt described them too well I meant either typical american neon, makeshift, punk bandits or regulat looking bandits with balaclavas, bulletproof vests and stuff. They not only want to survive but they want to do it by killing and looting other survivors.

Return to “New variant ideas”