Carrot Cup 2017!

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Detros

Re: Carrot Cup 2017! --Ongoing--

Post by Detros »

I am pondering my 12th turn, score is like 1130-1230 with duneix ahead.
I was the first to get to the centre TCs but before I managed to fortify enough we clashed there and now duneix has claimed that area.
I ave managed to do some errors, like attacking a mongolian archer with a ornithopther, thinking those archers have just 20 HP... no, they have 22 so they survive such attacks and retaliate costly.

I am now preparing for another mountain trip, see you in the middle of next week.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Lol,I thought this is over,I never gave in a look,and felt if its over(date 2017).
I think next time,you should call it 2018-19(to sound fun)

Anyways,I am yet to make an AoS tourney debut,so I will be looking this and that Valor thing till they are about to begin again,glad,we have a great tourney organizer,DoomCarrot,pursued by Sunrise,in AoF
Homo homini lupus
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

So how goes the progress here?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Detros

Post by Detros »

1717/1869 with duneix ahead at start of his 17th turn.
I was the first there to get to the centre towns but then those 2 mongolian archers appeared and I was rooted out of that sweet spot with four TCs. My other light cavalry managed to slip past the lines and with the help of ornithopthers managed to capture westernmost of duneix's TCs, very secluded one. Fortresses are build on both sides of the river, circling the big central bridge.

2 mongolian archers again but htis time plus one heavy knight arrived last turn to get that TC back. It seems to me either duneix misclisked or miscalulated because he had forces to get that town back but played it safely and while those mongolian archers killed my light cavalry that knight stayed just next to the town. Seeing this danger and being grateful to live another day my forces in that area choose to withdraw a bit from that TC, leaving it unguarded. On the other hand both red mongolian archers are now dead, together with heavy lancer and worker, just this turn. This places my airplanes inside the range of red fortresses ... but there are just two of those finished. And no other armed forces around, just workers. And if I summed it right, without that one worker duneix may not be able to finish another fortress this turn. So there should be more targets then units for duniex this turn and some of my units should survive this dangerous endeavour.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Sounds exciting! Duneix might have a bit of an advantage, but if you can make this risk work maybe you can tip the scales!
Thanks!
Josh
Detros

Post by Detros »

1950/2073 with duneix ahead at start of his 19th turn. TCs 11:11 - I am still keeping the far SW town and also finally got to the last neutral one.
Last turn duneix fell back with his cavalry and just kept on building more fortresses on the border. I wonder if he is waiting for his stables to produce more knights or what. Probably preparing something big.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

the key to victory is to pounce at ur enemy with a huge army and kill as many of his soldiers as possible in a single turn, so that he can never recover or deal the same amount of damage to u, but things change wen the defender hides his wagons inside his tower waiting for u to atk, at which case i only atk with trebuchets and keep my main army behind them waiting for my opponents to expose themselves to try to atk my trebuchets, they r excellent baits to lure ur opponents' big guns out
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

The problem is that if you are the one doing the attacking, you will probably suffer more casualties from the defenses, unless you have a good plan to deal with that/sneak by them
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

godOfKings wrote:at which case i only atk with trebuchets and keep my main army behind them waiting for my opponents to expose themselves to try to atk my trebuchets, they r excellent baits to lure ur opponents' big guns out

That is y I use trebuchets to force my enemies to bring out their big weapons, if trebs don't work then there is battering rams
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

the problem is when there are natural defenses like trees, that force you to attack with ground troops.

Never underestimate natural fortifications in AoF lol, they can sometimes be a bigger advantage than more tcs.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is in aos DoomCarrot.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
duneix

Post by duneix »

I wasn't here for a while, and I see lot of comments on our game :)

Well things are going quite well right now ; actually I'm not much worried by the TC in the SW as I know I will get it back soon. I spend a bit more time checking what's happen in the NE ;)

But Detros, could you please play faster? Right now we're playing max 2 turns a week, while we should normally be playing withing 24h.
For the moment I haven't skipped you once. But honestly, I'm playing only this game with you, in order to complete the tournament, and it's quite boring to wait 3-4 days for each turn...I even sometimes forget to connect to check if you've finally played.. :(

So please now try to play within 24h, and let me know if you go travelling or something like that, and if for any reason it should take a bit longer.

Thanx!
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Hey welcome back! :D
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Detros

Post by Detros »

It's not like I am postponing playing my turn but rather playing continually but in small drops. I may be thinking about it too much which combines with me being able to play only in mornings and evenings as I can't play when in work. But OK, I will concentrate bit more so this tournament can end sooner in the year than it started.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Eh, even when trying to concentrate more it still takes me 3-5 hours netto to finish my turn. This often leads to staying up a hour or two more because I can't play during work and I have other activities too. And even then I am barely able to finish the turn in 2 days brutto (since downloading start of my turn). Different timezones and big map don't help too but I am just slow player and currently too busy.

So to reduce stress on both sides (as duneix is somehow able to do a turn in 10-15 mins and then gets bored waiting for me) I am withdrawing. We are at like turn 24 with score 2200/2700, TCs 10/12, both with duneix ahead, I have 1 castle and he has at least 3... I would not say the match is lost yet at current state as I am currently managing to tear down his border fortresses while keeping mine up and harassing his workers with archers but his production is also bigger. But it also seems it would take at least a dozen of turns before his supposed big attacks starts and has a possible chance to damage me enough to declare point victory (or is crushed enough I can catch with him pointwise) ... but that could take like a month more.

Thanks for playing, it was great. Details and screenshots later.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Wow, well ok!

In that case, Duneix is the winner of the loser's bracket! The finale round between the titans Duneix and tamtam may commence! I hope tamtam is still around. :lol:
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

lol I would say that the ranking will be

1. Tamtam
2. Duneix
3. Detros

But we'll see who will win the championship :)
Thanks!
Josh
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

DoomCarrot wrote:Wow, well ok!

In that case, Duneix is the winner of the loser's bracket! The finale round between the titans Duneix and tamtam may commence! I hope tamtam is still around. :lol:
I am still here. I just have an exam so I seldom on. :D
Duneix,can you open the game and send message to me? :)
Detros

Post by Detros »

tamtam12345 wrote: Duneix,can you open the game and send message to me? :)
Rather PM him if you haven't yet. He Last visited: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:06 pm but he is checking his email for PMs decently often, it seemed to me.
duneix

Post by duneix »

Yeah sorry, I'm not checking the forum much right now... ;)

I'll organize the last game !
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Great! Hope he responds!
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

duneix wrote:Yeah sorry, I'm not checking the forum much right now... ;)

I'll organize the last game !
Duneix, PM me if you opened the game. :D
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Surprised it stands for so long... :lol:
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Duneix, please open the game and pm me. :roll:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Sooo, what's the status? :lol:
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Haven't started yet.
mickmackmike

Post by mickmackmike »

Hi when you guys end up getting to 2018 start :lol: i would like to put my name down on the list of players.

Mike,,, (aka 3M)

Tamtam Duneix etal, feels like a while since last played you guys.
----
3M - ( Mike M )
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Anyone can pm Duneix? The game haven't started yet. :cry:
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

It's 2020 now. :?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

i wonder if i can join in place of someone else right now? :lol:

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”