Tournament of Dragons

Ayush Tiwari

Re: Tournament of Dragons

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Constantin wrote:It's so amazing to see. Well, is it possible for me to change the race for this game? I want to play for elves. Also, the map I want to play is island 30x30. What do you say Sunrise Samurai?
You can change is opponent agrees.
Btw,I would have defeated you in the first match,if you were elves :)
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

That sounds like a good map. I'm alright with the change of race I suppose. Had enough practice vs humans lately, and not enough vs elves so it should be a nice change.

Final state of me vs Stratego after he resigned
Sunrise Samurai: 5092
Stratego: 3133
The glorious sun rises again
Menselot

Post by Menselot »

Will i play one more game if i loose my match against doomcarrot? (zurgos are monsters)
Fantasy > 40k
Menselot

Post by Menselot »

I tried to use maneuverability and speed to take him down but his army of zurgos slowed me down and destroyed my defenses....
Just a warning for everyone:
Never....never....never play against orcs at this map (at least 20 pour souls were forced at hade's boat)
Fantasy > 40k
Sunrise Samurai

You will end up in the redemption round if you lose. May I suggest to everyone to pre screen your maps before agreeing. Neutrals and corpses can represent an advantage to certain races, as I think this demonstrates.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

KingLawrence has left this place,just see his last post
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

Lawrence wrote:Can I quit this tournament? The last few weeks I was offline and I dont want to disturb this tournament, sorry. :/ :cry: :(
Ayush Tiwari wrote:KingLawrence has left this place,just see his last post
I see. Daniel, please email him and give it a few days. I'll give it a week anyway. I don't want someone to have to quit for lack of time.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

feel free to email him. it is ok to wait for him imho.
Sunrise Samurai

No email listed.....last visit was January 22. That was his second to last post. His last post was under "requesting art" and gives some hope for a return. Hopefully he returns soon.
Stratego (dev) wrote:feel free to email him. it is ok to wait for him imho.
Unless you have an email address somehow saved from when he joined the forum......
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It's been months, weeks, I don't know. But I think it's time to continue, has your opponent answered yet?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes get him out of tournament then.
Sunrise Samurai

Lawrence is removed. Also skipped Sacrednut, since Ayush may now move to a new opponent and he's been awol for quite some time. Stratego vs Ayush may now begin.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Probably the first ever 1 vs 1 match,I am going to have with a administrator or moderator.
Who would create the match?Me or You
Homo homini lupus
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Menselot has not taken his turn in almost a week.

Last message was the in game chat, he asked for a rematch, to which I asked why it seemed necessary, but I have not received any response since, and he has not taken his turns....

However, I have crossed the double point limit, and he only has a few tcs left.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

'woken' Ayush Tiwari wrote:Probably the first ever 1 vs 1 match,I am going to have with a administrator or moderator.
please create
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Stratego (dev) wrote:
'woken' Ayush Tiwari wrote:Probably the first ever 1 vs 1 match,I am going to have with a administrator or moderator.
please create
Any recommendation of map size and type etc?(also i think we should keep it revealed,so as to post images here without any disturbance.)
Homo homini lupus
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

'woken' Ayush Tiwari wrote:
Stratego (dev) wrote:
please create
Any recommendation of map size and type etc?(also i think we should keep it revealed,so as to post images here without any disturbance.)
Homo homini lupus
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

I thing King Lawrence has returned.
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

DoomCarrot wrote:Menselot has not taken his turn in almost a week.

Last message was the in game chat, he asked for a rematch, to which I asked why it seemed necessary, but I have not received any response since, and he has not taken his turns....

However, I have crossed the double point limit, and he only has a few tcs left.
Fun. We're hitting half the losses here being players that just disappear. Try a forum pm. A week MIA might just be real life problems. I know lately I've been disappearing every weekend myself.

I don't think double points is trustworthy in AoF, though it may be a good indication the other player is in a tight spot. Effective use of abilities, techs, and production of costly units can quickly swing the tide, and approximate point values for everything​ seem rather inaccurate compared to actual battlefield value. Remember my game vs Stratego. I had a severe point advantage, but I would guess that was the result of his undead production advantage feeding me countless points from killing his cannon fodder, not from an advantage in troop count or value.
'woken' Ayush Tiwari wrote:I thing King Lawrence has returned.
I've noticed a couple posts. He hasn't asked for his position in the tournament back yet though.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

'woken' Ayush Tiwari wrote: Any recommendation of map size and type etc?(also i think we should keep it revealed,so as to post images here without any disturbance.)
i will leave it 2 u, also i like fog, posting here is not priority, hiding my army from u is priority :)
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Stratego (dev) wrote:
'woken' Ayush Tiwari wrote: Any recommendation of map size and type etc?(also i think we should keep it revealed,so as to post images here without any disturbance.)
i will leave it 2 u, also i like fog, posting here is not priority, hiding my army from u is priority :)
Lets hope we can't hide much,lol

Gamename:Thy Honoured
Password:Thrones
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

Stratego (dev) wrote:i will leave it 2 u, also i like fog, posting here is not priority, hiding my army from u is priority :)
Ayush, be careful. He can be incredibly sneaky in the fog. Shades are invisible scouts he can use to calculate your possible sight range and keep critical u it's hidden. You don't want to find he snuck a wagon full of death knights around you.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:
Stratego (dev) wrote:i will leave it 2 u, also i like fog, posting here is not priority, hiding my army from u is priority :)
Ayush, be careful. He can be incredibly sneaky in the fog. Shades are invisible scouts he can use to calculate your possible sight range and keep critical u it's hidden. You don't want to find he snuck a wagon full of death knights around you.
I would have to see that.Could you give me 4 gems?(I have to unlock a must unit for my victory over him)
Also,is there any orcish unit,that could spot invisible unit?
Homo homini lupus
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Troll shaman can.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:
mega lol :)
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Stratego (dev) wrote:
Sunrise Samurai wrote:
mega lol :)
Lol :)
One question:How do you feel like,what it is to you,playing your own games?
Homo homini lupus
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

cool? :)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Ayush remember our first battle? I used my Mongolian horseman's higher sight to spot Ur chariots and then I placed my pikemen on such a position that u wouldn't notice them until u were right in front of them? This is n example of the types of strategies a player with a sight advantage can use on fog maps, so I hope u have the experience to know how to not fall for Ur opponents' baits, gl. In that battle my bait was the poison archer's arrow to lure u in front of the pikemen
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

godOfKings wrote:Ayush remember our first battle? I used my Mongolian horseman's higher sight to spot Ur chariots and then I placed my pikemen on such a position that u wouldn't notice them until u were right in front of them? This is n example of the types of strategies a player with a sight advantage can use on fog maps, so I hope u have the experience to know how to not fall for Ur opponents' baits, gl. In that battle my bait was the poison archer's arrow to lure u in front of the pikemen
That thing is different from this,orcs and undeads,are probably something that can fierce the battle.
Anyways,thanks for the tips(I am still worried,because as far as I know,only Troll Shamn can see invisible units,and they take 5 turns).
One thing I know is that starting turns,can be deciding the fate of the game,and probably,what I am thinking can work,if Stratego is too late to understand.....
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

Oh trust me. Daniel isn't the kind of developer who makes a game he doesn't know every strategy for. He's probably got a plan in mind for you. And troll shaman is slow and expensive. You aren't likely to find his shades.

Return to “Championship”