RULES For Campaign of Honor/Campaign of Valor

Sunrise Samurai

Re: RULES For Campaign of Honor/Campaign of Valor

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Probably no trophy at all. Just a mention in the topic that they did, in fact, survive to the end as an ally to the winner. I'd rather encourage some fancy political maneuvering and backstabbing to try and win from below than trying to be an underling to the winner and get a trophy as a tagalong.

Backstabbing makes things interesting :twisted:
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

That makes one to not be loyal, check you off as potential rebel.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So how much turn before the vassal have before he's able to become independent if he wants.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Sunrise Samurai

5 rounds. It can be assumed it takes that long before they can organize themselves to be able to under a reasonable master's restrictions.
General Brave wrote:That makes one to not be loyal, check you off as potential rebel.
I honestly don't expect anyone to trust me as a vassal. I've beaten all of you a time or two, so we know I'm a threat. I don't plan on getting put in that position anyway, since I think I will at least make it to the last 2 standing. In similar case, I have zero interest in letting, say, Doomcarrot, for example, stick around just because I don't think I could control him with anyone else around for him to bargain with. I'd be content to have eliminated him and be done. He's getting a little too good with those death knights for my comfort.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I don't know about the vassal system.

Armies are a huge deal in this, with players probably only having a max of 2-3 on the board at any given time. Giving a vassal even one army makes them a very serious threat, and basically places them back in the game as a sovereign faction.

I do not see much reason for anyone to create a vassal, unless they are down to one territory and have an alliance coming down on them that turn. Also, what if a vassal takes over their leader? Does the leader now become the vassal's vassal lol?

Not really sure how I feel about that system.

Also, some problems with the ally system. Let's say two players (who have teamed up) decide to attack a territory. The defender loses without defeating either army. Now what? How would it be determined who owns the territory? Technically everyone would still be on opposing teams, and unless someone retreated or was defeated, this could arise in a "territory should belong to them, no them," etc....

I think this is a cool idea, but I am not sure if it should be implemented in these particular campaigns, as they were not exactly designed for genuine alliances lol. Politics is still allowed, and peace pacts and agreements to destroy a certain faction make sense, but I feel like these options might turn a fairly streamlined system into something with a bit too many complications....
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Sunrise Samurai

Alright. Let's keep them in mind for future campaigns, just not these right now.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes I think if this canpaign runs well, there will certainly be more with some different rules :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

Return to “Other”