Carrot Cup 2017!

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
General Brave

Re: Carrot Cup 2017! --Ongoing--

Post by General Brave »

I wouldn't mind having a match with you Detros, what I heard and what you say. You are a experience and plan strategies. I may very well lose, but who wouldn't accept a challenge.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Detros

Post by Detros »

General Brave wrote:I wouldn't mind having a match with you Detros, what I heard and what you say. You are a experience and plan strategies. I may very well lose, but who wouldn't accept a challenge.
Thanks. I have noted already your previous message but I can't offer much activity in other matches while I am actively playing in this tourney. So didn't respond there but I was going to get back to you when I am done here. But if it a smaller map and you don't mind to wait few days sometimes while I first prepare my tourney turn, we may get to our match sooner.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I accept your proposal, I'll let you choose the map and we can begin.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Our score is 1193/2587 at the start of COOLguy's 17th turn. So I have 117 % more points than him.

Just to show ballistae are now used bit sooner when you no more need Ballistics for them.
2 siege workshops and 1 advancements centre were lost in the attack while I am now basically offering some "cheap" points to gain.

Thanks to considerable luck I managed to steal Flight last turn and Shielder to Defender techs this turn, when capturing the southernmost town. So south is calm again. On the other hand, I had to fall back in the west for now, before I lost more than just one mongolian archer there.

My score is over double limit now and I am now waiting for COOLguy's response turn. If my score is less than double at the end of his turn we surely should continue. Even if it is not but if COOLguy wants to continue (and if other players in tourney don't mind too much) we should continue, at least for few more turns.I would like to continue because I think this strike on COOLguy's factories should have secured my victory. Mainly, if my notes are right, thanks to that advancements centre working only for 5 turns...
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Yeah. In my experience, the game is usually over once you start hitting factories. Even if it costs​ you a lot more troops, taking out their production typically ends their chances.
The glorious sun rises again
Detros

Post by Detros »

It has been like three days now since I have finished my 17th turn. This is not usual as I think COOLguy has managed to finish all his turns in less than 12 hours so far. But it seems he has visited forums recently so he should be OK. He is probably just counting every damage value or preparing something nefarious with siege units.

Just so you know there is no progress to report.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I have received your invitation, good choice for a map.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

aLol if he starts under the point limit, you can claim victory in the tourney if you so choose.

However, it may be time to see if duneix is still alive lol.

Duneix? Hello? Your game might be coming up soon. :P
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Sunrise Samurai

Lol the only problem with AoS/AoF tournaments. After the first couple rounds, we end up with waiting players we simply hope stick around until they can play again. Unfortunately, they sometimes disappear.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Gone without a trace.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I'm afraid that I must announce terrible news. I have been defeated by the double points rules. In this case, I have been soundly out maneuvered in tactics.

The first 10 or so turns were all about positioning. I invested my everything in collecting more towns than Detros, however, because of the map, he was able to seize the same amount and greater territory. He positioned himself for techs and I invested in a small defense army and siege. Soon after I made a grave miscalculation in the southern towns and overextended myself. Detros was quick to overrun the southern and eastern portions. I had defenses and siege coming online but it was too late to prevent double points.

Detros was a great tactician - almost as if he knew what I was producing in order to overrun me.
Thanks!
Josh
Detros

Post by Detros »

COOLguy wrote:I'm afraid that I must announce terrible news. I have been defeated by the double points rules. In this case, I have been soundly out maneuvered in tactics.

The first 10 or so turns were all about positioning. I invested my everything in collecting more towns than Detros, however, because of the map, he was able to seize the same amount and greater territory. He positioned himself for techs and I invested in a small defense army and siege. Soon after I made a grave miscalculation in the southern towns and overextended myself. Detros was quick to overrun the southern and eastern portions. I had defenses and siege coming online but it was too late to prevent double points.

Detros was a great tactician - almost as if he knew what I was producing in order to overrun me.
Thanks for the game. Looking back and calculation various possibilities I think you could have actually manage to capture that south central town with your cavalries if you have used the south starting town and not the east one to train one of them and then rushed Sword Mastery ... but that is a change in turn 1 to hopefully win a battle in turn 10, so meh. If you have managed to slow my progress for few more turns my units could have been massacred by your siege party ... though good luck getting through all those cyan fortresses. The only direct misstep on your part I noticed was attacking my halberdier with crossbowman while standing next to it when you could have first move and then shoot. That counterattack injury helped me to clear your south army. I think you could have used moving out of your corner bit sooner because you filled nearly every tile with factories and then lost tempo moving all those workers to somewhere where they have enough space to build. Good plan with shielders in towers with crossbowman nearby, that's a good hard point.

And yes, your production was one of the things I was keeping track of. And I think I have managed to guess right enough up to turn 14 or so, then it got bit fuzzy. I have finished my turn 18 so your north siege workshops are probably working on catapults (4 turns left) and you are going to get Master Archery 2 next turn. If you are going to have that Blacksmith by then...

Issue with duneix: "Last visited: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:47 pm".
Sunrise Samurai

Detros wrote: Issue with duneix: "Last visited: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:47 pm".

Uh oh. That's a big problem.

Great game though. I enjoyed seeing it.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

What a nice, long, progressive, game. I'm looking forward for the next battle.
Detros

Post by Detros »

At the start of COOLguy's 18th turn:
Surprisingly I have lost only ballista and longbowman in the north.
COOLguy started building a castle last turn. I think he could have been able to finish it just as my forces would have arrived.

With this match done I may now plan for the one with General Brave.
Sunrise Samurai

General, prepare to have your rear handed to you. Detros is a rather impressive player.

By the way, I'd like to invite you, Detros, to join the Sunrise Shogunate league. I think once we get more league activity going, we could​ learn a great deal from you​.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I would like to invite you to the W.M.L, once that I show myself to be a good opponent. If you do not want to join, I'm glad to have you battle with me nevertheless.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Can i invite you, Detros, into my future group?
Just Answer into that topic in my signature.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

makazuwr32 wrote:Can i invite you, Detros, into my future group?
Just Answer into that topic in my signature.

General Brave wrote:I would like to invite you to the W.M.L, once that I show myself to be a good opponent. If you do not want to join, I'm glad to have you battle with me nevertheless.
:lol:
You both are running VACs. I'm actually interested in his skills for a multiplayer league. You two need to be recruiting for number of votes more than skill lol.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You are a bit wrong about that, while do we wish to have a bit of power in the ballot. It's too is a league, hence the secondary name.
Sunrise Samurai

Ahh so you do have intentions on being a rival. I was starting to lose hope on that.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I need for a skill also because i thought about some "Group on Group" games or even tournaments with fixed for each group Race to exclude skill for disbalance searching.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Detros

Post by Detros »

Thanks for the kind words but I am currently not planning on joining any VACs. And don't praise me that much, please, it seems like I should start giving out autographs or what :D .

About that duneix issue. I see three options
  • PM him, send an e-mail and wait
  • find somebody else who will fight instead of him, possibly picking somebody else for the next match
  • just skip this match
I would personally be for trying to contact duneix, wait a week or two and then just get to the last match to speed this tournament a bit.
At least tamtam12345 is active, hopefully, for now.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Let me replace him if you need a opponent, it is still a group that plays together, well till we get more members. And anyways, isn't that tamtam12345 have video of the games. I'm pretty sure I remember them like 5 or 6 years ago.
Sunrise Samurai

I think we should email him, give it a week, and skip him if he doesn't show. 2 months away isn't a good sign. He might respond to an email though.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

There is only hope, and a side order or fries.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

E-mailing is better than sending PMs.

P.S.
I totally thought I would actually beat COOLguy at one point in our game. :)
OLÉ
Detros

Post by Detros »

Puss_in_Boots wrote:E-mailing is better than sending PMs.

P.S.
I totally thought I would actually beat COOLguy at one point in our game. :)
But you can be notified on new PMs by e-mail. I have sent a PM to duneix and he has responded he will appear here tomorrow.
I am sooner in alphabet but as we have already battled you are the one to pick and create a map this time, duneix. Thanks in advance.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It seems everything's going smoothly again, except where is Doomcarrot?
Sunrise Samurai

MIA. This isn't like him to disappear without a trace. Hopefully he's alright, and just busy.

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”