Campaign of Honor! (AoF)

General Brave

Re: Campaign of Honor! (AoF)

Post by General Brave »

I ensure you, I fought off his siege. But it seems he has a new approach by trying to seize my western town.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: How are things going in the Midonik and Sunrise side of the conflict? Still building up or are things slowing down for outside reasons?
Slowing down for outside reasons. Namely the fact that I relapsed and haven't been taking my turns too quickly. Getting sick really sucks.
The glorious sun rises again
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, it appears nearly impossible to fight dragons headon in a bottlneck. The trample and numbers are just too much lol. If he leaves his tcs with them though they pretty much all instantly die.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Could have been more but I keep miss clicking.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

This is getting frustrating lol. I actually cannot defeat Brave at this point, it is utterly impossible. Woth the low pop limit, I simply cannot make use of my production advantage to overrun him, and dragons are ABSOLUTELY undefeatable in their current state. The only thing I can do is spam mummies to one hit kill his dragons and ressurect them, but even that is no longer helping, as he is making 2-3 dragons per turn. I can very well see this turning into a stalemate for 20+ turns until he finally just maxes out the pop limit with 50 green dragons and utterly swarms me with them faster than I can even make mummies.

Couple that with my being really busy lately, and I think you guys might be waiting a while for our game to finish lol. :lol:

About 5-10 turns ago:

Now:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Is that what killing my dragon, mummies!
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So are they like assassin's but for the undead.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yeah basically that is why I said undead are the only race that currently stand a chance against dragons lol. Super powerful units are risky against undead because they can easily use mummies to one hit them.

However, some units have a high spell resistance making this strategy ineffective. But dragons have 0% spell resistance
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Three brave workers sacrificed their lives to finish this castle,but thanks to that east flank is save. Situation on west looks desparative ,but I should hold and manage to fortify.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sunrise Samurai

I was hoping to stop that castle for another few turns, but oh well. I at least killed workers in the process, and slowed your building factories. I'm more concerned with your naval base right now, since elves are awful on the water.

@Doom: why did you make such a low pop limit?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Roleplay reasons and it was a small map :lol:
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

He should thought about it.
Sunrise Samurai

Well, that population limit might be what eliminates you instead of General. Fine by me. I see dragons getting nerfed soon. I don't see anything happening to death knights.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Honestly, I have a feeling that it will be a stalemate of sorts until dragons end up getting nerfed.

He cannot make dragons as fast as I can make mummies, and he literally cannot fight me with anything else or I will overrun him with my superior army of high tier units like death knights.

He might get as far as laying siege to my tcs with his dragons, but my two move mummies will be swarming my land by then and his dragons will be useless. If he switches to anything else, it is essentially gg because of my large production bonus.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It must be time for action.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

DoomCarrot wrote:Never hold back, always crush your opponents with overwhelming numbers, strategy, and tenacity, and show no mercy, even to noobs and people who don’t have all the upgrades. :lol:
Lol that is my motto as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like we r quite similar, it will b so much fun to play our AOS campaign against u, can't wait :)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Come on Doomcarrot, I'm waiting your turn for both tournaments for days.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

whaaat, I thought I took my turn, I'll check.

EDIT: forgot to "end turn" :oops:
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

How do you forget, don't you check on the game?
Sunrise Samurai

I've done that too. If you take your​ turns a little at a time, you tend to quit at the end of it just to check with fresh eyes a little later, to go over production and see if there's anything you missed before passing the turn on.

Midonik made an assassin take out a wolf or an elf archer. Not sure which died to the assasin and which was killed by regular attack. Mind you, it was in the same tc as a sentinel, and could just as easily have been the more expensive target, or even the unicorn rider sharing the tc as well.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

^^That^^

I usually make some of my moves, and come back and finish the more difficult ones, or sometimes I get interrupted mid turn lol.

And lol, what is his tc count compared to you sunrise?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Sunrise have managed to capture one on west.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

In our game, brave has stopped his production of dragons. I am not sure if it is because I killed his shamans, or because he finally realized that he cannot defeat me with that strategy.

He has started to produce many orc infantry. This is a wise move as it makes the mummies I have been producing somewhat a waste of time, but ultimately his infantry will have no chance of breaking through my relentless siege. I have many dragons, most of which were formerly his, and now have bone towers scattered all over the map.

Also, I have about 3-4 death knights at any point in time, which is problematic for a sudden infantry strategy in a cramped area lol.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

No I still have shamans, it just most of my dragons are in the front line, mainly that town hall blocking your way. But don't worry, soon the most powerful unit will be completed.
Sunrise Samurai

Score
Midonik 1401
Sunrise 2467

Map size is awkward for screenshots so here's a closer look at the action

Midonik is doing a pretty good job keeping me out of his tc with boats, but it's only a matter of time before I saw through their hulls and take it. Meanwhile, I'm sending troops forward to see if i can capture more of his territory. On the eastern front, his castle is on fire, but he seems determined to annoy me with that imperial shielder. I'm probably going to have to send reinforcements to deal with it.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I hope all my imperials will be huge pain in you ass,its all I can do.
Sunrise Samurai

Finished a second great tree, almost done with a third. The shielder is dying, and I press on into Midonik's base. His castle is in the red, and shouldn't last more than 1-2 turns more. Those ships are more annoying than his shielders, and getting to his island tc is probably​ the last challenge before this gets easy. I'm sending workers to the north and east now to build more great trees, as I get the feeling I might want flying units to help the cramped quarters I'm going to be fighting in to take his base.

Side note: I'd better start taking prisoners to see if there's​ anything they can offer me. Maybe there's something valuable around here.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Wow looks like Midonik is in deep trouble. Your Northern army is very strongly situated, and even if he launches a good defense, I do not see him defeating the bulk of your army in the North.

Your production advantage is huge now too.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I hope you haven't forgotten to end your turn.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Finally I seem to be succesfully tightening the vice on brave: His use of dragons has been costly, as I was able to ressurect multiple troops inside of his defenses from the resulting corpses. Coupled with my killing multiple of his dragons and resurrecting them, I have penetrated his defenses and dealt a significant blow to his homebase. He lost multiple production facilities, and his frontline town center is on its last legs I believe. He is also getting overrun on the Western front, and I have begun deconstructing graveyards and replacing them with dark altars to max out my production with death knights instead of golden knights.

I also have many bone golems, and I can easily self destrcuct them into an army in the case of an emergency, But I believe brave is now about to fall.

Also, shoutout to a vampire that managed to fly over the mountain and be the one to lead this charge. This would not have happened without him, but unfortunately he took a stake to the heart I think. Rip vampire. :cry:

Return to “Championship”