Campaign of Honor/Campaign of Valor (Finalizing)

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Campaign of Honor/Campaign of Valor (Finalizing)

Post by DoomCarrot »

Hello to all, as some may know I have been preparing another multiplayer event for after the official carrot cup is over.

Some long time players may remember something that I organized almost two years ago. It was called the MP campaign, and I recommend anyone interested in reading more first read through this topic: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2563

The project ultimately died as RiverRaider went completely MIA for no reason (I wouldn't be surprised if something bad actually happened to him IRL).

However, I am interested in doing something similar again, either for AoS or AoF. It would be a free for all campaign instead of 2 v 2, as I feel there were some kinks with that idea that would have caused problems had the campaign continued.

Probably 3-5 other players would be required , and the rules would be slightly different. There would be no offensive/defensive turns, and every turn each player would be able to either attack or move an army. If you were attacked and had at least one army, you would be allowed to play to defend the territory, and you wouldn't have to use a turn to "defend" it.

I want to know who would be interested in something like this. It would basically require players to be active for (possibly) a long time until it is finished. For this reason, this would be somewhat exclusive, and I would not be accepting players who have not shown themselves to be active members of this community already. What I mean by that is, anyone with less than a few months of activity, a few hundred posts, and a few completed games with other forumers.

The idea of such a campaign is to make multiplayer games more fun by adding a bit more weight of importance to each game. Sort of like how tourney games can get quite intense, I am hoping this would as well. However, there would be some politics to go along with this as well, as players may decide to team up/form temporary alliances and such to better their long term interests.

I am just gauging interest with this to understand how I should proceed with the organization of this. I do not intend to run another flop. :lol:
Last edited by DoomCarrot on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Re: Campaign of Honor (Recruiting and Organizing)

Post by General Brave »

Sounds like fun, can you put that in Aof?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I would be able to do an AoF campaign if most players preferred that.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I still can't get all rules of.
But maybe i also can come in.
I can both in AoF and AoS, but AoS preferrable
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

hey mak, I would allow you to join, but I would require to play a few games with you first, just to verify that you are an active player.

No offense to you, but you ARE fairly new to the community, and I am going to regulate this pretty heavily as it will require some very dependable players :)

Also, what do you find confusing about the campaign rules?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I cloud play,but on AoF,I dont even have AoS instalated :lol:
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Pm'ed you, Doom.
Can start a game even now.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Excellent, AoS or AoF?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

As for now i'm a bit better in AoS. I'm still new but i know theory good. (but theory and practice are different things)
I also won some duels with AoS players from Russia. And one draw (map was little one, we both had to good defences and too much artillery but to weak other units)
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

We could have a rematch again, what you think Doomcarrot.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Sure, pm me about it :)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

So so far General brave and mak seem imterested in this. Brave prefers AoF and mak prefers AoS so it is still unclear which route I should go to organize this.

Is anyone else imterested in this? Maybe any players from the shogunate?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I can also in AoF.
But i'm not the best player in it.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

One more question: do we have an army in our starting point or not at the beginning?
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

There we already have the Army?

And by the way DoomCarrot, you could ask around for anyone who wants to join. I'm pretty sure that are a lot of them in Aof side.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes I shall leave this open for a while and see if anyone else is interested
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I can play,in AoF.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I could join if its AOS, i haven't installed AOF yet, I have read the first campaign and it feels quite interesting
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I would like to join this campaign as well. My preference goes to AoS.
OLÉ
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Seems a bit of a tie, what about you Doom?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

makazuwr32 wrote: I can both in AoF and AoS, but AoS preferrable
So 3/2
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

As organizer I am trying to stay neautral and see what other people would prefer. :)

However, I am experienced in both AoS and AoF, and I would be fine with either. We have enough players to get this going, but if anyone else wants to join, and has a preference that causes a tie, I will cast a tie breaking vote.
Right now it seems this should go AoS, but we will see if anyone else wants to join. I will continue to leave this open for a little while, before I start work on the actual campaign topic.

However, would AoS be a deal-breaker for you Brave? Because Puss and Mak seem to just "prefer" AoS, but you did not clarify your level of experience with AoS
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I finished all the campaign, I have beat 4v2 players in a match. I have created a map. Then it gets a bit buggy.

I had much battles on that one. But I prefer aof.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I literally just noticed this. Count me in, and I'd really, very much rather AoF.

I'd guess it will be a bit like our game we are continuing, with some story elements?
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Bits of story element would be nice.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

We could have one more player but as of now we have plenty to start. I am issuing 24 hours left to sign up, then I will close this and begin organizing/planning the campaign and rules
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

So far we have:

Me

General Brave, who prefers AoF campaign

Midonik, who doesn't have AoS and prefers AoF

Makazuwr32, who prefers AoS

Godofkings, who does not have AoF, and prefers AoS

Puss_in_boots, who prefers AoS

And Sunrise, who greatly prefers AoF

I just realized we actually have 7 people signed up including me. This is probably still ok, so long as 5 people don't decide to all attack the same territory in one turn lol, which is extremely unlikely. I can make a rule where no more than 5 players can attack a single territory, problem solved.

Also, thanks a lot people. :lol:

half of you prefer AoS, the other half prefer AoF, and at least one player for each side doesn't even have thenother game installed. :lol:

Recruitment is now closed, as I didn't realize how many signed up in total. However, before I issue a tie-breaking vote and decide which game this campaign should be in, is there anyone who would vastly prefer one game, or would not want to play a campaign in the other? Besides Sunrise who has stated his great preference for AoF
Sunrise Samurai

Re: Campaign of Honor (Recruitment CLOSED)

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

May I propose an alternative, if you are willing to do a bit more work. Simply do both. Anyone who wants to be in both, great. Anyone who really wants one, or doesn't have the other installed, can just do that one. There's no reconciliation to the fact that Midonik and GodOfKings would be bereft of all upgrades in the game they don't currently have, so one would be screwed either way by having to choose just one.
The glorious sun rises again
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

True, we coulddo a campaign in each and midonik/godofkings could each just sit one out. That is of course if all other players are willing to play two campaigns. I would be willing to organize 2
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

A third option, it seems favourable. Might be the right thinh.

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”