Coward's Reward

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Coward's Reward

Post by DoomCarrot »

If a unit adjacent to an imperial anything moves away from being adjacent to that unit, it takes an automatic 5-10 damage. If it leaves engagement with multiple imperials it takes multiple such attacks.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Re: Coward's Reward

Post by General Brave »

So running from a attack will leave him vulnerable to be stabbed in the back. I said this one is great.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

But maybe it should be called Cowardice Flight.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, the special is about attacking a coward, not being a coward :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I'm talking about the enemy running away, not the imperial throwing his weapon at the enemy so he could get away. But that might work too.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

That sounds like a cool idea. It's like the "opportunity attack" in D&D. If you are engaged in melee and suddenly turn backside and flee, the enemy could strike you. I just think that these strikes should be regular strikes but with 50% penalty (like counter, in fact) to make it more useful. So an enemy will think twice before rushing your imperials head-on all at once, because he might take a lot of damage depending on the unit he uses.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

This sounds rather overpowered honestly, especially when combined with knighthood. An automatic ability to prevent any retreating seems like it only encourages direct combat from the opponent, rather than tactical maneuvering.
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I think it only should work of your imperial stand their ground for a turn. If the enemy decides to go in attack and then retreat the next turn, They will receive a penalty for leaving their back turn and fleeing.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Then don't make it automatic, make it an ability that can be activated with a cooldown, if an enemy leaves melee range within x turns of the ability being activated (x should be smaller than cooldown probably), enemy takes a counter attack (attack with 50% penalty). Also should have a tech instead of having it from the beggining of the match. sound less op now?
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, I think it would be cool for imperials to tie down a position somehow. If an orc leader is making his way towards a group of orcs, and you cannot let him get there and buff them, you could send a wagon with an imperial or two to engage the leader. If he tries to run away anyways, he gets wounded, which pretty much forces your opponent to fight the imperials before geouping together for their main attack.

Just a hypothetical scenario. I think this encourages tactical maneuvering much more than prevent it, which is why I suggested it. :lol:

Right now, I feel that most melee units are fairly underwhelming in most fights besides a siege. Unfortunately, humans have almost all melee units, which is good when they are defending a siege, but not good at all when they are fighting in an open field with anything but other humans. This would at least give imperials a little tactical edge in such fights, although it may still be hard to catch up to some units like elves and headhunters.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

That's true, slow and powerful melee units like humans' are best employed in static defense rather than an offensive move - but then again humans also have a strong cavalry and at least slightly decent archery, which are all effective in offense. They also have some of the best siege potential with catapults and trebuchets.

Anyway, yes, I think this would make these units somewhat more useful and more tactical.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Please implement this, I would vote for it.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

^ Same
Sunrise Samurai

I'm not so sure. I'm more seeing this as take a wagon with an imperial swordsman, drop it in a bunch of weaker units, and they can't attack, defend, or retreat. It's a way to pick on lesser troops, not tie down bigger ones.

Try this:
Make it a spell, 100% accuracy, cooldown 3, duration 3, range 1. If anything under this spell moves, it takes 10 damage that bypasses armor. Multiple instances stack, bypasses spell resistance.

Doesn't turn imperials into bombs, but definitely gives a way to tie down big units. It's easier​ to hit little things than to activate this, so it won't be a mass death just because you moved one unit into a bunch of archers or mages.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Nothing like that, I said the imperial have to stand their ground for 1 turn. It's you the enemy if you want to go in attack then try to leave because you know is too hard.

But your sound much benefits to me.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I actually like sunrise's idea though. Seems balanced, not overpowered and useful.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I like that sunrise, but units with spell resistance will totally avoid it. Which is stupid, because this has absolutely nothing to do with actual magic.

I think your idea is better if it can be implemented with the current game engine, but if it does not have the ability to tie down even 100% spell resistant units like dryads, I do not think it is good.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

So now we await daniel to tell us if that can be done :)
Sunrise Samurai

Not all spells have to worry about spell resistance. Some, like the ghost ship cannon, bypass it.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Then this idea could be implemented. The spell should probably be called "Engage" or something of the sort
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Can't you ask him? Like sent him an email or something.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I think things that are ready to be implemented are eventually checked and added by daniel but perheaps I'm wrong.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

However, I realized another problem with this. Using the spell would take the units action/turn, which means it wouldn't be able to attack, which is not what this is aiming for.

Hopefully there is a way to easily make a spell not consume an action/turn of a unit. But then it might be able to use the spell multiple times in one turn... Idk, there might be some kinks that Daniel would have to work out if it got implemented.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Technically i think it might be done like a aura with range 1 that gives a status to enemy units around that affect them if they move with a certain hit chance (units with dodge melee can reduce that with their dodge ability). If affected they receive 5 damages.

This way this is good against orcs and undeads but won't affect too much elves (that have lower hp and wouldn't stand a chance against some heavy units like imperial ones).

This wouldn't work for the imperial crossbowmans tough (it wouldn't make sense imho).
Age of Fantasy design leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Sounds good alexander, making it an aura with 5 direct damage and chance to dodge makes more sense I think. Both ideas are good but I think this one makes more sense. :)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

If that could be implemented it would be excellent!
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It will come in handy. Can we voted.
Savra

Post by Savra »

This good?
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

What is this
Kinda still lost
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Basically, all melee imperial units would have a 1 range aura. If any enemy moves from that aura to out of it, it takes 10 direct damage that bypasses armor and spell res.

Return to “Human Technologies”