Hoplite with longer spears - ANSWERED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Lekkerhoor

Hoplite with longer spears - ANSWERED

Post by Lekkerhoor »

Please look to the history and see how strong those hoplites are... and... why...
They had verry long spears
So... those hoplites needs to upgraded, becouse... they are to expensive (7 turns to make) and a much to easy target for kattapults.

1 upgrade is required: Range
The range must upgraded in the siege workshop, becouse they are bulding wood things...
+1 range of hoplite cost 6 turns
next upgrade will be available in church after the Range upgrade, it will be oil...

The upgrade oil will give them the posibilety to heal them selve each turn when not moved or attacked 5 hp.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Hoplite with longer spears

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, melee units are all supposed to have 1 range. However, I agree that they are too weak currently for the price, and a long spear should make them EFFECTIVE against cavalry, not easily killed by cavalry.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Right they are very weak against horsies and elephants
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

And strong against buildings.

Which also makes no sense :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wat really doesn't make sense is that 3 turn flail can one shot kill Spartans (although i get its armor negating ability but at least make bonus 50% so spartans can survive for 1 HP at least)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Well i always use archers to kill dangerous foes (macemen, flail dudes, etc) then i charge with my strong troops. So i think there is no need for change here
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Lol u don't atk with flail u defend, u only atk wen u have units like rams and wagons so atkin with flail is late game but imagine u used full HP spartan to atk enemy tower and then next turn it got killed and the only explanation u can get is they have heavy catapult since normal catapult also miss often, but then u wonder how did it die after reaching tower and not b4
Since Spartans use spears let's make it that they have bonus against every unit (horses, infantry, archers) kind of like Viking berserker, but they don't have bonus against building or sieges
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

The purepose of spartan is to be an elite version of swordsman, not troop razer. If you pair him with a couple of healers that is pain in the neck for enemy (1 heal full life lol)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Let's hope the new players know this and don't get scared by armies of hoplites
And anyways wat is the point of this thread then?

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

The point of this is to get ANSWERED 8-)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Although history ( explicitly referenced from the movie 300 which is probably wrong :P ) showed that they were troop razors, not building destroyers

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

It would b a unique unit in itself and would no longer need the max heal ability

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Upgrading its capabilities to be able to beat cavalry is troop razing. As you can see he has bonus against infantry, which means he is infantry razer, and he isnt supposed to raze the whole troops category :)

.....I have no idea what did i just wrote....
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

And if its an elite version of swordsman it shouldn't b strong against swordsman, let's make it the elite version of the voulgir unit instead

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

According to 300 movie they killed elephants so they r troop razers

( again I m taking an inaccurate reference but I don't care :twisted: )

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

However if I remember correctly they were killed by archers in the end, so.....

Voulgir it is :twisted:

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

How the **** can you kill an elephant with pre medieval spear???
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Dude just write this topic as answered :lol:

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Thats it! The spartan is a

FOOT CAVALRY!!!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Unless we go back in time to see how they survived so long, we will NVR know the truth

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wow that was a shock

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

This topic went crazy I think.

To the OP: We are not planning on adding range to melee units as we feel that this would be too great a departure from current mechanics. Personally, I am not sure that the spartan is unbalanced, but if you feel so, please suggest a change that would be more fitting to the game.

For now, I will label this post as ANSWERED
Thanks!
Josh
HugoTheUseles

Post by HugoTheUseles »

godOfKings wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:19 pm According to 300 movie they killed elephants so they r troop razers

( again I m taking an inaccurate reference but I don't care :twisted: )
I dont thinh xerxes had elephants in the hot gates
Moh556

Re: Hoplite with longer spears - ANSWERED

Post by Moh556 »

Hey the 300 movie is not true . Belive me
Im iranian and i read our history ...
Spartans have a medium sized spear . And big shield .and the sign V on it means it is crafted by Volkon(greeks sun god and a nice blacksmith for zeus)
In the 300 movie you see a rhino :shock:
Xerxes is like stone age humans :/
Immortals armor and mask is like samurais :/ armor is all black .... and persians are very weak . ALL OF US KNOW PERSIAN EMPIRE WAS THE GREATEST AND BIGGEST AND MOST POWER FUL .
Think a litle an empire like this most have the most powerful warriors . NOW COME AND MAKE A JSON FOR IMMORTAL . PLZ :lol: :lol:

Return to “Unit balancing”