Daimyo IMPLEMENTED

Sunrise Samurai

Daimyo IMPLEMENTED

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Daimyo
Cost 8
Trained in stable (move to dojo if/when that gets added)
Hp 45
Armor 3/3
Power 15
Actions 1
Speed 5
Spell resistance 100%
Bushido aura: radius 5, gives all Japanese units (including ashigaru units) +2 power

It's the Japanese equivalent of centurions. Encourages using other Japanese units alongside it, for national cohesion.
The glorious sun rises again
LordOfAles

Re: Daimyo

Post by LordOfAles »

I like it! It seems balanced, and its like centurion for Japanesse. Its a great unit! :)
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Daimyo1.jpg
Daimyo1.jpg (11.3 KiB) Viewed 6718 times
Daimyo2.jpg
Daimyo2.jpg (8.87 KiB) Viewed 6718 times
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

This unit is similar to Yabusame but it is a kind of mounted archer. viewtopic.php?f=77&t=3355&p=47198#p47198
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Yeah, this is like centurion, but Japanesse :D
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

How about adding spell ressistance to for the Bushido aura?
Sunrise Samurai

Spell resistance? Interesting idea. What does everyone else think?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

We don't want the loyal Samurais being easily converted under the bushido effect.

Why not?
OLÉ
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I like it! It's like a Japanese Centurion
Thanks!
Josh
Sunrise Samurai

That was the idea. I originally wanted to do +3 power for the aura, but I was told it might be op with samurai/hatamoto having 2 attacks.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think 45 HP is too low for an 8 turn unit, may be make HP 56 so that it won't b killed by max damage pikeman in one hit, or make it 51 with 5 armour (gets 50 damage from 10 atk halberdier) I mean even destroying heavy catapults in one hit needs at least a 5 turn unit (omnithopter, treb, cannon) so an 8 turn unit being killed by a 2 turn unit is too much (although the turns taken to research all the techs to make pikeman have 10 atk could be considered long enough to b able to kill it in one hit, but I don't know exactly how long it takes though so not sure if it balances)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Its real upside is the aura
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

How about make it exactly same as centurion (with 40 HP and 6 cost and Bushido aura equivalent to legion command, and may be give it high morale effect too)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Or may b instead of high morale the increase in spell resistance is the effect

Sunrise Samurai

If we're changing the aura any, I'd say raise the attack increase to 3.

The Japanese took a fatalistic view towards war, feeling that armor and shields did very little to protect you, and you were better off just being skilled and killing your opponent before they killed you. Often this actually resulted in mutual kills, with both sides attacking and not defending, so they would both die.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think 2 attack and 30% spell resist is better, after all samurais are still affected by high morale aura so if daimo and another unit with high morale stood side by side beside samurai, their attack would be too high

Ravancloak

Post by Ravancloak »

First attempt...
Daimyo_1.png
Daimyo_1.png (719 Bytes) Viewed 6381 times
A new age will dawn. Ravens will be the herald angels, the stars will shine cold, for from the Star's End, I, THE ADORABLE RAVANCLOAK, HAVE AWOKEN. -- That's why I and my Vespa wanted to say こんにちは!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Obviously it needs a bigger head, and a sword, otherwise great first try, my first sketches r usually too horrible to show :lol:

I think its better to remodel the head after the current samurai head, may b try the yabusame head, and instead of the two horns give this crown like thing on top, and the horse's neck too seems a bit too narrow

Ravancloak

Post by Ravancloak »

Daimyo_2.png
Daimyo_2.png (776 Bytes) Viewed 6368 times

Thanks! I'll work on it. Also, what do you mean by two horns? I based it on the two images attached earlier.

Here it is, revised.
A new age will dawn. Ravens will be the herald angels, the stars will shine cold, for from the Star's End, I, THE ADORABLE RAVANCLOAK, HAVE AWOKEN. -- That's why I and my Vespa wanted to say こんにちは!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Samurai helmet usually has 2 horn like thingie, but it doesn't matter, follow Ur design its great

The horse is perfect, the man's upper body could b a little bigger

Ravancloak

Post by Ravancloak »

MightyGuy wrote:
The attachment Daimyo1.jpg is no longer available
The attachment Daimyo2.jpg is no longer available
These are what I used

I used wrong shade of pink, I finally looked it up to see what color XD it's fixed now.
Attachments
Daimyo_4.png
Daimyo_4.png (711 Bytes) Viewed 6342 times
Last edited by Ravancloak on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Both looks fine to me, I will wait for other's opinions

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

How is this img

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

@COOLguy final update, how is the image?

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I think you would have more success editing any other cavalry unit. The horse here looks unnatural.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

thanks for finally givin n honest opinion, now i can scrape this and attempt a new one in peace :lol:

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Daimyo ACCEPTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

accepted please someone make json for it - thanks!
godOfKings

Re: Daimyo ACCEPTED

Post by godOfKings »

I hope this horse head is good enough, I will begin making Json soon
Attachments
daimyo1(0).png
daimyo1(0).png (1.55 KiB) Viewed 5064 times

Return to “Unit - mounted”