Summoning dragons as Orcs? - ANSWERED

Joonfish

Summoning dragons as Orcs? - ANSWERED

Post by Joonfish »

Anyone know how? Hitting the Summon with Troll Shaman does nothing...
Alexander82

Re: Summoning dragons as Orcs?

Post by Alexander82 »

you should have 3 unit near the troll shaman, but even that way doesn't work well, sometimes it works sometimes not
Age of Fantasy design leader
Joonfish

Post by Joonfish »

Nope, not working :( do they have to be specific units?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

you need at least 3 units around the shaman to summon the dragon (also on 4th neighboring place would be the dragon summoned so that needs to be free).
pkh

Re: Summoning dragons as Orcs? - ANSWERED

Post by pkh »

The green dragon summoning works with three other units around the shaman. Any units seem to work.
The three units are killed immediately and the dragon appears in the place of the first unit to move next to the shaman.
I have no control over the dragons movement, it seems to move randomly around within its range, but I can get it to attack an enemy if they are adjacent.
Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

The green dragon is the best dragon and AI controlled, I guess to balance the game :D
Random guy: "Lets use goblins."
Me: "GOBLINS? THIS IS LAWRENCIAAAAA!"
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Lawrence wrote:The green dragon is the best dragon and AI controlled, I guess to balance the game :D
quite not since it has no fireball (that can really blow up an entire base) and considered that orcs have giants that are overall stronger (aside movement) but Daniel wanted it this way.
Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Alexander82 wrote:
Lawrence wrote:The green dragon is the best dragon and AI controlled, I guess to balance the game :D
quite not since it has no fireball (that can really blow up an entire base) and considered that orcs have giants that are overall stronger (aside movement) but Daniel wanted it this way.
But it has trample and tons of health
Random guy: "Lets use goblins."
Me: "GOBLINS? THIS IS LAWRENCIAAAAA!"
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I think we should re-evaluate the green dragon's current form. It is at best, confusing. At worst, uncomfortable and cumbersome for a rather outclassed unit already. The sacrifice mechanic wastes 3 units that are probably more valuable than the dragon if you aren't trying to pass terrain issues, and the ai control mechanic is a mess. There's no explanation for new players, and waypoints have always defeated the idea anyway. If it were truly ai controlled, that would just prevent the only true edge it has over other orc troops: maneuverability. Trample and high health are common among orcs, and aren't really unique to this unit.

My suggestion is to give it vanishing 3, cooldown 3, and no sacrifice needed. Then either remove the waypoint ability, or give it normal control.
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Maybe you're right.

You just summon again the dragon when you aren't healing someaone. This is one of the main reasons noone uses the troll shaman
Sunrise Samurai

It would render the troll shaman somewhere close to elf wizard, with a summon attached as it's main defense. We may or may not need to increase the cost of troll shaman, depending on how effective green dragons become, and if they are under player control or have waypoints removed for full ai control. That debate will probably need to be handled later though.

No matter what, we would definitely see a massive increase in people using it, once you can use it without killing your own troops.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Guys...why are you saying that nobody uses troll shamans? In fact, i consider them OP, because, when i place my base as planned, every two turns i get flying destructive dragon lol. I just keep a shaman at my base while making orc warriors...
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

The fact is that you can avoid sacrificing 3 2 turns units for a dragon and simply produce an orc king which is way better aside from flying.

After all you still need to make a shamab before making the dragon.

It is still better to produce an orc shaman wich greatly improves you existing units (e.g. a buffed upgraded orc warrior deals more damage than a dragon)
Sunrise Samurai

Heh even with flying, orc king is way better. I don't know of anything else that can one shot a great tree with strengthen and trample, plus demolish half the base around said great tree thanks to trample. Green dragon just can't do it.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

That is a matter of bonus. The orc dragon haven't thr same kind of bonus (and it would be too op since is fast and flying).

About plain strength it is better anyway, don't requires sacrifices and improves allied units around itself.

The orc dragon can keep up with the leader but once you upgrade it there is no way it can compare (as usual when doing upgradable vs unupgradable)
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

With all this,it has an error.When I click summon dragon,and then click a wrong place where I can't summon my units,........my units die but dragon doesn't come.This will be very troubling for players trying to make a comeback.
Homo homini lupus
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

The dragon acts like a fireball, just put it down on the tiles next to the Shaman.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Thats true.But,when I click a wrong place,and then again a wrong place,effect is gone,no dragon summoning,but it still consumes the unit.This also happens if I by mistake click on the outer black area of the map.
Homo homini lupus

Return to “Archived - Other”