Rivals

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Ayush Tiwari

Rivals

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

I think there are a lot of players around but who is currently a set of rivals or enemies for a long time?
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

Re: Rivals

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I would say anyone I've played against frequently is more a friend than a rival :D
The glorious sun rises again
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Yeah but I meant players who get against frequently each other in a one time hell of each other.
Homo homini lupus
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

The COOLALEISHAW Federation is in shambles, but so is the Red Front by the DCPR... So not many rivals here atm.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Rivals are forced to put aside some differences for survival, as weaknesses have formed in the greater super-powers.

However, the DCPR is still technically in a state of war with the Coolaleishaw federation, as well as the pectorate and the alemeisters it "protects," both of with are contributing members to the federation. Also, our political branch of the DCPRNetwork is still agressively against the radical views of the crazed political activists loosely organized under the name Infowars.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Are COOLIELSHAW and DCPR FEDERATION are players?
Homo homini lupus
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

coolaleishaw is a federation alliance between the alemeisters led by Hardeep and the so-called "protectorate" led by COOLguy. Others such as darkknight, avalyn, and elvenprincess have known to be among their ranks however.

The DCPR is led by me, and has had many allies as well.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

I did not understand.Are they some sort of clans?
If yes how can I form/join one?
Homo homini lupus
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

(Not in alemeisters)
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

LordOfAles wrote:(Not in alemeisters)
???????
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

You're probably just going to have to examine old topics to figure it out. I doubt these warring nation's are going to give a straight answer about their checkered past.
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:You're probably just going to have to examine old topics to figure it out. I doubt these warring nation's are going to give a straight answer about their checkered past.
Guess you're right, i'm too lazy to wage a war anyways.
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Am I destroying the forum unity by talking about rivalries?
Homo homini lupus
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Ayush Tiwari wrote:Am I destroying the forum unity by talking about rivalries?
Don't worry, it's just some grudge of rivalry to each other from some oldman. ;)
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:You're probably just going to have to examine old topics to figure it out. I doubt these warring nation's are going to give a straight answer about their checkered past.
This is correct in regards to the DCPR they attempted to spread red terror over the world. After poor sb was annihilated, I knew someone had to stand against them [DCPR]
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Ayush Tiwari wrote:Am I destroying the forum unity by talking about rivalries?
In all honesty this is a fun way to generate forum activity. Another added benefit is in voting. The rival factions were able to form VAC's (voting action committees) that help to organize votes to make it clearer to Daniel and I which units are the most wanted in the game.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Many many battles ago, the Carrot people, alemeisters, the COOLfront, and a stranger called sb had conflicting interests over the region known as Guadalcanal. I led my people in a blitzkrieg against sb and his followers, and we left not one man alive. It was a slaughter in honor of the Carrot republic!

However, COOLguy and Hardeep were frightened by the lightning quick destruction of our rival. Hardeep, being the sneaky meister that he is, first sent private ambassadors to speak to me, begging for a non-hostility agreement so that he might continue his mead and ale related operations in safety. COOLguy, on the other hand, was overwhelmed with righteous anger for sb's destruction, and created the Protectorate as a defense against the rapidly spreading influence of the communist DCPR (Doom Carrot People's Republic).

I ignored Hardeep's plea, as I believed it would be more beneficial for the DCPR to swallow his small island territories whole. However, I admit I made a fatal flaw. Whereas the brave legions of the DCPR had been unstoppable in face to face combat against the honorable enemy sb, they faltered against Hardeep, who proved to be a far craftier, and less honorable foe. He refused to fight me in open battle, but instead preferred to spam the largest fleet every seen in the Age of Strategy. From afar he bombarded the steadfast legions of the DCPR.

COOL protectorate, seeing the vicious battle between the two of us, knew that the alemeister fleet would not last forever against the overwhelming might of the DCPR. Therefore, the two powers entered into an alliance, with the protectorate taking the alemeisters under its protection from what would have been a better future under my rule. COOLALEISHAW Federation fought the DCPR for a long time, but I was unready for their combined strength, and the DCPR lost its control of the Guadalcanal.

Since then, the DCPR has spread its influence, and aligned itself against them with great success. Many others have joined the cause, those who are not afraid of order and reason at least. Those who prefer valiant chaos and mischievous subterfuge have found themselves among the ranks of the protectorate and alemeisters.

The DCPR created a large political network to spread its influence more, and create a better future for all. This became known as the DCPRNetwork. In response, Hardeep created the infowars, which became a thorn in the side to the efforts of the network, and did much to prevent true, good change from happening for the people of this age.

However, Hardeep has succumbed to age and slow defeat it seems, and he lacks the strength to continue his fight against the DCPR. He has not plagued us for some time. Therefore, the DCPR has grown soft without a genuine threat, and much of the network has fallen into disrepair and obscurity, I admit. The protectorate no longer perceives the DCPR as an unstoppable menace, and thus hostilities have eased somewhat between all parties involved.

Now you understand the state of affairs today, and how such a situation came to be. Look into the archives and speak to other veterans of the conflict if you desire to peace together a more full picture of what transpired among the rivals of the Age of Strategy. :)
Sunrise Samurai

Or in other words, the DCPRN has always been a military state. When it ran out of enemies to kill, it lost all means of controlling it's subjects as well. I'm afraid the DCPRN cannot function unless it is at war.

Sadly, the DCPRN fulfills many necessary governmental functions, and I firmly believe that it must be restructured to fulfill these functions. If having two rival governments at war is what it takes, then it is in everyone's​ best interest that someone step up and give the DCPRN a healthy opposition to encourage them to reorganize, as well as put power back in the hands of the common people by giving them another valid choice​.

It's simple. If the DCPRN is at war, everybody benefits. It's a cruel truth, but the chaos left without such rulership is even worse. I wasn't present for these events, but I have studied the old chronicles. The records speak much, despite being full of propaganda from all sides.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Order brings conflict. Although we do not condone or encourage conflict, we embrace it as an unavoidable consequence of the formation of a perfect system.
Sunrise Samurai

:lol: lol that's funny.

I think you have it reversed. In this case, conflict brings order. You admit you embrace it, saying that your brand of order brings conflict. The DCPRN is the order born from endless conflict. It will never be a perfect system, but it has a purpose. For all the conflict it causes, it actually prevents far more in the process.

If the current state of things had a peaceful way of organizing the chaos, I would say to disband the DCPRN immediately. Instead, I say strengthen it. It may be a great evil, but it is a necessary one.

And for a good laugh, I must ask. If you aren't so warlike after all, how do you explain the general collapse of the DCPRN when it ran out of enemies to fight?
Sunrise Samurai

COOLguy wrote:Where I would most like "clans" to resurface would be in voting. The last few votes have been very low turnout and Danial and I were not sure which the best units to vote for would be.
To be clear, this is both my proof that the DCPRN truly is crumbling, and an explanation of why I support providing some opposition to force them to get their supporters back in line.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Sunrise Samurai wrote: To be clear, this is both my proof that the DCPRN truly is crumbling, and an explanation of why I support providing some opposition to force them to get their supporters back in line.
*begging*
Please someone fight the DCPR
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

It sounds to me like Sunrise is attempting to undermine the DCPR. He has the audacity to call for open aggression against the great people’s republic. As the grand leader, I have taken note to beware of the samurai’s schemes. :evil:
Sunrise Samurai

Undermine? Hardly. I've simply noticed you perform better under pressure.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Guys I never talked here for Federation etc. but now I am interested and I want to join one.Well who wants me in there?
Homo homini lupus
Sunrise Samurai

See. A little tension, and already the troops are rallying.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ayush the DCPRN VAC is always open to new open minded members. Most of our councillors have been inactive in their duty, and thus I have not led as speaker for some time, but with new members we could together restore the former glory of the Network.
Sunrise Samurai

For Ayush, and anyone else who wants to join a VAC.

The VACs are designed to discuss the preferences of their membership for voting, then apply each members' votes unanimously to the same units/techs. This gives a strong, clear voting process with real winners. Mind you, if there is only one strong VAC, that discussion ends up becoming the vote. This is why we need at least 2, so that individuals can choose a VAC to support. This way, independent voters have multiple options still.

And Doomcarrot:
You need your enemies more than you realize.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

2 VACs is not needed. The DCPRN could have accomplished so much more had Hardeep not led his infowars in an attempt to stop us at every turn

Our network clearly decided which units would be best for the game, often times to be intercepted by Hardeep and forced to compromise by voting for an unfinished unit
Sunrise Samurai

If you are the only VAC, your​ attempts at discussion will only become a copy of the votes. Before long you will lose your membership again and be right back where we started.

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”