Revenge of the ents

Sunrise Samurai

Revenge of the ents

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

While normally docile and disinclined to make war, if something angers ents enough they can be terrifying indeed.

Angry ents:
Research cost 6

Angry ent demolisher
+3 life
+1 range
Gains trample

Angry ent warrior
+8 life
+1 power
Gains trample

Wrathful ents
Research cost 8

Wrathful ent demolisher
+3 life
+1 range
Gains "fear weapon" to inflict fear on hit

Wrathful ent warrior
+8 life
+1 power
Group attack upgrades from 1 to 2

Furious ents
Research cost 10
All ents get +1 speed, plus the respective health increase. (No other increase)
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Re: Revenge of the ents

Post by Alexander82 »

Isn't that going to overlap with the techs i proposed some time ago?
Age of Fantasy design leader
Sunrise Samurai

This is a bit more comprehensive. We might have them separate, but this addresses the biggest problems I've seen with ents (low speed making it hard to get anywhere, short range of demolishers that mean they can't get close enough to castles and volcanoes​ to shoot before they die, and my personal opinion that ents should get trample.) so I'd rather see this happen​ first.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

To be honest I don't like the whole concept of furious ents. The reason why they haven't trample is that they are slow and aren't like charging into battle. Their role is to act as walking walls but simply they are bested by the summoned form (we've already talked about that).

About demolishers i find them very effective but, again, they are bested by fire archers. I would leave them as they are and just add a tech dor area damage or that "poison" effect for buildings.

Some more hp/attack for the warrior is ok but I wouldn't touch other ents stats at the moment.
Sunrise Samurai

I do think that demolishers need 8 range at least. They literally can't get into position to hit a castle as it is, since 3 hits with burning and they're pretty much gone. The 6 hits they must take is just too much. Even a fortress is a challenge, and can take them out from longer range with a little support. I'd like to see them get area damage, for the shrapnel of crushing boulders, to deal some extra damage. Poison on buildings would need more than 4 damage per turn, or else it makes a poor comparison to fire archers...as if they didn't already. Although I have another idea I'll post on creeping mold topic.

I've also considered suggesting a passive regeneration for ents, particularly ent warriors. If this were at least 5-10 health per turn (for warriors. Less for demolishers.) when upgraded, that would certainly add to the tankyness of them.

Consume corpse? I'm probably​ going to say I don't like this one, and I came up with it. Corpses are excellent fertilizer, but it takes their turns and gives a more undead feel.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Human castle is simply too good. I think that other mega buildings would fall down too easily. Great tree and mansion have no burning and volcano has range 6. You will use something different against human but is good against 3 race out of 4
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

About regeneration I don't think is a feature that fits much ents but with Daniel we are reworking some healing and the elven mage aura will probably heal a certain % so that big units will have a higher benefit from that.
Sunrise Samurai

Yeah, human castles are a little overpowered against ents, as well as undead. Oddly enough, catapults aren't bothered by them.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

against castles go with parapets + fire archers
Sunrise Samurai

My best experience with castles is outpost 9 spaces out, plus eagle eye and full archery upgrades. You outrange it by 1 with fire archers. Just be careful to defend it either way.

Return to “Elf Technologies”