Unicorn rider upgrade - ANSWERED

Sunrise Samurai

Unicorn rider upgrade - ANSWERED

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Cost 8/10
Gives +10% to all dodge values per level, plus 10% spell resistance and +2 sight range.

For unicorn riders only, this stacks their dodge values up to 50%, and renders them immune to counterattacks. Increased sight range helps make them very effective scout units in the process. No health, armor, or attack added, to make it a harassment cavalry, not a frontal charge cavalry.

I understand they already get the blanket upgrades for all elves. This is an attempt at giving a degree of uniqueness​. If it works, I'm thinking human light cavalry might benefit from a similar line, rather than forever playing second fiddle to heavy knights in late game.
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Re: Unicorn rider upgrade

Post by Alexander82 »

I disagree with a unit upgrade. Elves have no upgrades for units and I think they should stay that way to keep their game style identity. You can propose a tech to increase the unit stats. Also it doesn't need any other dodge since 30% in both melee and ranged and 80% for counter is more than enough.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Alright then. What do you think of the idea for human light cavalry? I'm thinking to give it upgrades to 20% dodge values, and start it at a 30% counterattack dodge value (improves to 50%). This gives a lasting role for it later in the game that doesn't overlap with knights.
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I had already prepared upgrades for it. I think we can vote them for later. It is a 2 action unit and it might have its role if we give it upgrades.

We can just give it some dodge counter later on to avoid part of the downside of being a melee 2 actions unit.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Please do not think in dodge. I do not plan to expand its usage. Thanks!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

My idea was dodge only in some specific case like anti archer or similar units but otherwise is mainly for the dodge tech pack we've made and nothing more.
Alexander82

Re: Unicorn rider upgrade - ANSWERED

Post by Alexander82 »

set as answered

Return to “Archived - Elven Units, Buildings”