Redeemer's map: operation_barbarossa_southern_assault

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Redeemer's map: operation_barbarossa_southern_assault

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please review it because i was afraid that it is too big, but he asked me to check if it really too big to be a campaign map.

so please try it and make feedback here

uos 20
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

Re: Redeemer's map: operation_barbarossa_southern_assault

Post by Prof_GamerARCHIVED »

Just to let you guys know, its not ready yet. I havent finished the intro text and havent put any triggers yet.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Daniel its great map,the good strategy for big maps is to form squads(in this case squads are already ready),multi-select them,then tap on destination for each squad,if some of ur units can atttack an enemy,manualy move it,then attack.Great map bruh ;)
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

LordOfAles wrote:Daniel its great map,the good strategy for big maps is to form squads(in this case squads are already ready),multi-select them,then tap on destination for each squad,if some of ur units can atttack an enemy,manualy move it,then attack.Great map bruh ;)
Thank u m8
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please everyone test it, the question is the map size is too big or not (is it fun to play or goes to a long running move-next turn sequence)
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

Daniel (the dev) wrote:please everyone test it, the question is the map size is too big or not (is it fun to play or goes to a long running move-next turn sequence)
Is it in the game?
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Yes,in FAN maps
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

The map's easy enough to get lazy with it. The map design was pretty good as it does not force you to move your units all over the map, until you have secured the three last TCs on the right side of the map. Where you have to get to the bottom part which is already doomed. The Decor/Obstacle/Mine placements was good, but there was a unit inside one of the obstacles.

Maybe a trigger to end the match once it's a one sided battle from there on out. Would reduce the time necessary to complete the match.
OLÉ
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

Oh yeah, i forgot to remove the unit thats inside one of the decorating items. The map is supposed to be easy, since the germans literally rekt the russians in the early part of the operation. The other 2 parts (operation barbarossa center and northern) will be easy too.
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

Puss_in_Boots wrote:The map's easy enough to get lazy with it. The map design was pretty good as it does not force you to move your units all over the map, until you have secured the three last TCs on the right side of the map. Where you have to get to the bottom part which is already doomed. The Decor/Obstacle/Mine placements was good, but there was a unit inside one of the obstacles.

Maybe a trigger to end the match once it's a one sided battle from there on out. Would reduce the time necessary to complete the match.
So, do you like my map afterall?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

The first portion was fun, until I got to third TC where I just had to rush all my units down to destroy and take The last TC.

Overall, it's likable enough to be added into the game.
OLÉ
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

Puss_in_Boots wrote:The first portion was fun, until I got to third TC where I just had to rush all my units down to destroy and take The last TC.

Overall, it's likable enough to be added into the game.
So, do you agree with daniel that its too big? Should i delete it and make it all over again?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Puss_in_Boots wrote:Maybe a trigger to end the match once it's a one sided battle from there on out. Would reduce the time necessary to complete the match.
Like I said here, since the map is brought to some historic scale you could make the entire game last a little shorter when the battle becomes one sided by using triggers to declare victory for blue team once all TC's on the top part of the map are captured.

If you want to down size your map instead, should be up to you.
OLÉ
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

Puss_in_Boots wrote:
Puss_in_Boots wrote:Maybe a trigger to end the match once it's a one sided battle from there on out. Would reduce the time necessary to complete the match.
Like I said here, since the map is brought to some historic scale you could make the entire game last a little shorter when the battle becomes one sided by using triggers to declare victory for blue team once all TC's on the top part of the map are captured.

If you want to down size your map instead, should be up to you.
I cant make my map smaller. I have an idea though. Im going to add some triggers and make the game last less time.

Return to “Map & campaign designs”