War of Factions IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about existing maps, or new maps.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

War of Factions IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Joshua The Hedgehog (J.T.H) sent us a great campaign idea, if anyone likes the idea and have a little time to design it that would be cool!
Thanks!
Canpaign Name: War of Factions

There are 3 kingdoms, locked in war and battle, the kingdoms are:
The Vexatar Kingdom.
The Lettebae Kingdom.
And the Gakebay Kingdom.
You are apart of a small village in,neutral territory, where you are leader. Where all of the sudden, the Gakebay Kingdom comes in with a strike force, trying to take it over. Fortunately for you, they're poorly equipped. You then defend your villafe from the rightous onslaught, where you shall emerge victory. 6 weeks pass, and your village grows into a city, where you have founded a new faction:
The Zekvar Empire.
An elite scout reports to you that now The Vexatar Kingdom is trying to invade. This time, however, you have help from a small mercenary group, and the Vextarians are better equipped than the previous Gakebay Invasion. You then once again emerge victory, but at a horrible cost. 59% of your troops are dead and your capital is severely damaged. Desperately, you ask the Lettebae Kingdom for an alliance to help them in the war and for them to help you. Luckily, they accepted and they brought in troops and supplies to help you rebuild. 2 weeks pass, and you decide to help Lettebae invade Gakebay's capital, where King Carter is preparing another invasion. You then attack a nearby base, Fort Zen, to expand territory and for you to have an advantage. Once you captured the fort, you start preparing your attack.... Unfortunately the Vexatar Kingdom is also at Gakebay's Capital, Lexington City. You and Lettlebay must defeat both armies in order to secure the capital, luckily, a small outpost in the city allows you to recruit more troops. After countless hours of warfare, you and Lettlebay win the battle, and the ruthless Gakebay Kingdom is defeated, and managed to capture their king. Instead of making him rot in prison, you spare his life, and giving him a chance to live a normal live. A few months pass, and The Vexatar Kingdom is then at your capital, Shakesved City, with a large army. You of course get your army ready and battle it out. You are then victorious, but another army apporches, however, they give you a chance to surrender, you of course accept, due to the city heavily damaged and troops tired. Instead of rotting in jail, King Herold II asks you to betray the Lettlebay Kingdom, in return, they will back out and never harm you or anyone else again. You take at least a few hours to decide, and finally you decide to accept. With the Vextarians helping you out, you march out to Fort Felix, where a large Lettlebay Army is garrisoned. You take them by surprise, and take over the fort. Having an advantage, You and the Vextarians march up to Lettlebays Capital, Xiedion, in which the final battle has begun. After at least 2 days of warfare, you take the city, winning tje war. Unfirtunately, King Neil, managed to escape. But even with his escape, the horrible war, has been brought to an end.
alCosecant

Re: War of Factions - thanks to Joshua

Post by alCosecant »

Seems great, will try to give a helping hand ! :arrow:
balint

Post by balint »

Seems nice.
What about another plot twiat in the end, that you haven't broke the alliance and attack the vextrenai capital with a mercenary company, while your army outflank thwir army woth the letleband army.
?
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
J.T.H

Post by J.T.H »

We can use that for an alternate ending mission =)
I am Joshua the Hedgehog. Also known as the Random Savage God o3o
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I can see that this campaign has never been finished... :roll:
I would like to create this campaign altough the idea for it is quite old, but its good. Then after it is done I will divert my attention towards AOWW.
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, cool!
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Alright, so I guess it's okay with the Dev. :)

I will start creating maps for the campaign right now of the person who shares the same first name with me. ;)
OLÉ
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

It may come with some unexpected changes, for the idea had some story gaps (Well not really much, but I wanted to find ways to fit in triggers... :oops: ) in that so that it could be arranged for myself to add in triggers! :D

If I go way off track, do warn me! I just think it was a bit too simple after my second examination of the idea. I will add more complexity to it, so that it is not very boring!

Edit: Also for the first mission I'm not going for a stereotypical village! ;)
It shall be more of an advanced sort of village
OLÉ
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I'm halfway done with the first map, I might get finished with the map tomorrow.
OLÉ
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Great!
But you don't need to do it fast.Just do it if you have enough time. :)
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I've only got projects and test left to finish school. I think I can spare enough time for AoS. Besides, I take some brakes. :)
OLÉ
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Triggers are ready! It was dialogue heavy.

Just need the intro and the map should be ready!
OLÉ
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Im already done, but I can't send to Dev because the option is faded (disabled) :?

What is the cause of this?
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, in AOS you can post it on market, and tell me the mapname, and i can gather it from there.
thanks!
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

First map is in Developer version, check it out and tell me what you think. This is my first campaign map (Not the first map). Please report problems.

The next maps will be loyal! I only changed the first one because it would resemble Ambition too much.
OLÉ
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

I tried your map today.I think you need to add a green colour palisade to prevent longbowman go to village before get into guard tower.
Add a effect delete that palisade after get into guard tower.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I made the changes, but I do not know if they are in please retest it if you want to.
OLÉ
J.T.H

Post by J.T.H »

Holy hell, I have not been on these forums for a good long while XD

Anyways, I can't believe someone is taking the time to make this campaign (that I literally thought of back in my Freshman year XD).
I am very grateful you are taking the time to do this! Godspeed my friend, godspeed! ^^
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

lol, your welcome! :lol:

I did not expect you to ever return, I am in my fresh man year right now.

You have my promise that I will complete this campaign; Probably some time in the summer. :)
OLÉ
J.T.H

Post by J.T.H »

I honestly kind of forgot about the forum up until now XD

Oh really now? That's interesting o3o
Alrighty then, don't overwork or stress yourself out now ^^
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Alrighty!

The second map is complete! It's not on market yet because it says to me the first map is under revision and I can't send more than 1.

I hope it isn't too hard though.
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please try to post the next one again - thanks
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Okay it is sent, I will wait until I get an email saying it's in. Then I will work on the 3rd map with the dev version
OLÉ
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I can't wait for this campaign to be finished!
Epic Gamer Moment!
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

I played the second map.It is quite easy.I win it in turn 11.I think turn 13 is enough for everyone getting 3 stars.Or this map need stronger enemy to increase difficulty. :)

For the animals(yellow colour),maybe John colour is enough.No need to separate it into another colour.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

The yellow color, I already changed that. I must've forgot to delete the game and reactivate.

I will change the enemies army, and give them a camp. Also, re-read the map details, and I totally forgot the mercenaries too.. Just gotta make that a trigger in the game, so that the intro won't get any more complicated.

Thank you!
OLÉ
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I didn't like that the mercenaries were just thrown in there. Maybe that's why I forgot it?

I think I will make the mercenaries appear more than once in this campaign, but not in those maps where Lettebae and Zekvar push forces into Gakebay.

I resent the map please [Once the Dev uploads it on server] test it again.
OLÉ
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

I tried two times.One win in turn 21.One win in turn 15.

I really think that Re: The trigger Eff : change player 1 team no to N Have a bug now because it attack red and blue (like third team number )even mechanies and blue colour team no is the same.Can Daniel check it?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Thank you very much for testing, I guess I just won t use that effect until it's fixed.

I now know the changes I need to make, but this campaign isn't ment for hardcore players so I will change it to 25 turns = 3*
OLÉ
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Just to keep the forumers up to date, the 3rd map will be an invasion of the super fortress, Fort Zen. Built in six weeks after the failed invasion of village era Zekvar, also known as Badzku. Zekvar launches an attack on Gakebay assisted by Lettlebae. Zekvar will bring in a secret weapon. ;)

Otherwise known as a using triggers to make a unit stronger :P

The triggers will take me some time, and so will the introduction which is again, long. :roll:
OLÉ

Return to “Maps, campaigns”