OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT FOR JULY 2016

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Hardeep

Re: OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT FOR JULY 2016

Post by Hardeep »

Well then.....
Shall I set up the game or will one of you 8-)
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Should we use a pop limit?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Someone pls set up the game
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I prefer the following way-
The gems bet would be 10.
There will be an AI player to balance the format of 1v1v1.It will be of the hardest possible category.
Hardeep will make the map and send the details personally to all 3 finalists.
The map will be recorded and published on you tube( it is an official final after all)
The winner shall be crowned to the title of "Winner of battle 2016 and will henceforth be addressed as Emperor or (emp for short)[/color]] before his name :mrgreen:
Shall also recieve a huge reward of gems from dev, apart from bragging rights.
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Lol, it was a joke :D
If I were set it up, then I would be in the game
Unless you mean the settings
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Didn't Hardeep set it up for three people? So why do we need an AI? Would that not just unbalance it?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

DoomCarrot wrote:Didn't Hardeep set it up for three people? So why do we need an AI? Would that not just unbalance it?
I did do my best, however it is hard on a 50/50 map
I broke up tonnes of terrain, but if two players end up in the north rather than two in the south, it Will be unbalanced, so I say try again if that happens but if only one guy is directly in the north it's fine.
An Ai would unbalance the TC spread, and I think a pop limit is prudent with the amount of available land.
So a contender must set up the actual game
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Very well, I will set it up.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Password is 123tourney

Game name is Tourney Final Heat. If either of you starts on the North side of the map, please tell me.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

TheBluePhoenix: we are waiting for your turn since a week or so.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Bump
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i realised he was resigned, Doom: it is your turn now.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ah, well he was done anyways :?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

This game is going well, although I am scared to post screenshots because the map is foggy, and I do not want Daniel to see my stuff. :)

Daniel has pretty much gobbled up the land that BluePhoenix lost to the wild animals, and now owns roughly 2/3 of the map. However, I own the northeastern third of the map, and have managed to make strong defenses.

There are battles on all fronts. Daniel's knights are swarming my open border, while his archers and more knights march up the middle bridge. We are also in a bit of an arrow spam across the Eastern mountains. We both have a decent navy, and our ships have clashed occasionally across the map. I would like to post acreenshots and explain more, but I believe this game is being recorded anyways. :P

Right now, he is hovering around 7500 points, and I at about 5200.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

DoomCarrot wrote:This game is going well, although I am scared to post screenshots because the map is foggy, and I do not want Daniel to see my stuff. :)

Daniel has pretty much gobbled up the land that BluePhoenix lost to the wild animals, and now owns roughly 2/3 of the map. However, I own the northeastern third of the map, and have managed to make strong defenses.

There are battles on all fronts. Daniel's knights are swarming my open border, while his archers and more knights march up the middle bridge. We are also in a bit of an arrow spam across the Eastern mountains. We both have a decent navy, and our ships have clashed occasionally across the map. I would like to post acreenshots and explain more, but I believe this game is being recorded anyways. :P

Right now, he is hovering around 7500 points, and I at about 5200.
Send me the screenshots pwetty pwease~
Epic Gamer Moment!
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, but don't give them to Daniel :P
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

actually we ended up declaring a DRAW.
- i was lucky on start - i think i had more TC-s around than everyone else, and i scouted them wisely and fast with dogs.
- also i knew that neutral alnimals can occupy TC-s, others were stunned about it :) - however i can call it a bug, it is not right, what do u think?
- at the endpoint i owned about 3/4 of the TC-s (i luckily cleared bluephoenix)
- but Doom still could stop me by his hard defenses
- my tc-s was so far so logistics was a nightmare (statrted implementing some factory waypoint support - you can see the first steps, write me suggestions)
- the map itself was also a logistic nigtmare, many woods so several units could not get transported anywhere (eg. siege), also i had no place to build a castle near Doom, only 1 castle i have built near him, the others were far-far-far in the other side of the lake.
- he made hundresds of mendships to create tons of warships that was almost that many that my dock based industry produced, i told him i can not beat him without making this mendship nightmare myself too, that i dont really like... - so we ended up deciding this mendship strategy is not so fine in the game, so i will warm up Coolguys idea to turn off mendships able to "build" objects that are under constrruction, with it it can be cheaper 3 or 4 turns imho.
- so the game ended up in a standing frontline - every produced unit got sinked and destroyed by the other on next turn.
- at the end i think i could beat him but i believe it would have been an additional 300 turns and many ugly mendship productions - that is insane :)

so lets declare it a DRAW!

thanks for the great game!
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:- also i knew that neutral animals can occupy TC-s, others were stunned about it :) - however i can call it a bug, it is not right, what do u think?
I am not so surprised about that as long as it is neutral, i play campaign and found a random Man (neutral, but become my team) in a neutral Tc when a trigger changes the neutral Tc become my team, the man got carried too. Only will be surprised if a neutral take over my tc / enemy tc. :lol:
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Daniel (the dev) wrote: - also i knew that neutral alnimals can occupy TC-s, others were stunned about it :) - however i can call it a bug, it is not right, what do u think?
I think that is not a bug.(eg.A neutral bear go into town (without guards) to find some food. Citizen(without armor) will lock doora and stop the production.)

If a 20x20 random map have some neutral units in corners(so corner players have to put some units and time to defend/kill).
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Does this mean we can see the screen shots now? :D
OLÉ
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Good game Daniel, it was fun, but I agree the mendshipping made the game way to long-running. Personally, I think you would have beaten me easily if it were not for the mending ships and pop limit though. :)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Yes it was a good game ! thanks!

Sadly the game log was deleted while i was on holiday :(

but here is my last screenshot.
Attachments
doom_vs_daniel1.jpg
doom_vs_daniel1.jpg (396.08 KiB) Viewed 7796 times
doom_vs_daniel2.jpg
doom_vs_daniel2.jpg (352.58 KiB) Viewed 7796 times
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I seem to have lost my screenshots of my side :|

However, my side was moatly archery ranges, stables, and workers, with towers and castles crammed in every available space I could find.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yeah, it was hard time finding a single place on your side (top left part of map) where i can build a single castle :)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Imam surprised you didn't build as many castles as possible for production though, I built a castle in every 2x3 space I could find, even in the far north eastern corner of the map :)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I did not want factory that far, it was a nightmare tranferring my many units to upside of the map... But yeah, i could have :)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

lol
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Agreed. If Hardeep succeeded in one thing in particular making this map, it was creating a logistical horror. I found a secret passage through the woods to transport wagons from most of my castles, but it also required ferrying them across certain inlets and stuff, and it was just a huge pain because of the bottle-necking...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, also at north i have a stucked cannoneer in the middle of wood tiles - and i could never get him out :)

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”