Votes on the "Units position in tcs&wagons" - LMIP II) 1) k) IMPLEMENTED

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
duneix

Votes on the "Units position in tcs&wagons" - LMIP II) 1) k) IMPLEMENTED

Post by duneix »

This proposition comes from the List of major improvement propositions (LMIP) edited in 2017 :D
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3620

I know this topic has already been discussed within different posts but I don't know if there was a dedidated post for that.

Definition
It should be possible to decide how units are positioned in tcs and who is going to defend first.

Definition 2
By the same token, it could be possible to position units in transportations and decide who is going to survive if the transportation is destroyed (optional / not being able to decide it is quite logical and add some randomness to the game)

Reason
I think it would add lot of strategical values to add this (at least first) feature, as it means we must guess which kind of units are going to attack, who will be attacking first, and so on = anticipating the behaviour of the opponent (which is the key of the strategy)
By the way it's much more logical (why a worker would defend before a shielder in a tc?).
Detros

Re: Votes on the "Units position in tcs&wagons" - LMIP II) 1

Post by Detros »

As noted in Units stored in carriers the connected "when carrier dies, only the unit in the first slot survives" is deemed a feature which should stay in. The problem with order of units in carriers is its semirandomness. To be able to manage who is stored in the first position, special ability to reorder units in the garrison slots is not needed, saved order determined by "who went in first" could be enough.
duneix

Post by duneix »

Detros wrote:saved order determined by "who went in first" could be enough.
well in my opinion, that's not enough. I mean the game is working like that, no problem but that's would be a loss of strategical options.
Detros

Post by Detros »

duneix wrote:
well in my opinion, that's not enough. I mean the game is working like that, no problem but that's would be a loss of strategical options.
The current order works like that, yes. Try putting 1 unit in wagon then move and put 2 more. You should get the same order each time. Now save and load. You get different order each time,
duneix

Post by duneix »

Well if there is no randomness, than I would prefer to leave the choice to the player how to organise his transportation without tinkering ;)
But actually modifying the position in transportation is not the most important.

What about the definition 1 (modifying the order in towns) ?

Detros wrote:
duneix wrote:
The current order works like that, yes. Try putting 1 unit in wagon then move and put 2 more. You should get the same order each time. Now save and load. You get different order each time,
Detros

Post by Detros »

duneix wrote:What about the definition 1 (modifying the order in towns) ?
I think all garrisons should work the same way, even though there is already the difference between TC not guarding the units while in other cases the carrier protects the stored units.
limyuee

Change mode of random arrange unit in town center

Post by limyuee »

I think this random mode is cannot defence the enemy attack because the town center random to arrange you unit in town center so i think we can change random mode to control mode
hi i newbie
Detros

Re: Change mode of random arrange unit in town center

Post by Detros »

Could be at least an option.
Instead of "New upgrades" this should rather be under "Gameplay & UI" suggestions. Unless you mean you want this changed by some researchable technology.

Actually, this is duplicate suggestion to Votes on the "Units position in tcs&wagons" - LMIP II) 1) k). Please try to search / check the last threads in the given section of forum before creating new thread.
limyuee

Rule of order of units in TC is random, vote for change

Post by limyuee »

Hi I really like this game cause it is a strategy game, but why rule of order of units in TC is random ,when u try to put knight in first position but unfortunately the order unit in TC is RANDOM! THIS IS A STRATEGY GAME, NO LUCKY GAME ,please VOTE FOR CHANGE, THANKS
hi i newbie
limyuee

Re: Rule of order of units in TC is random, vote for change

Post by limyuee »

hi i newbie
limyuee

Post by limyuee »

When I MOVE knight into the TC(INSIDE TC HAVE 2 DIFFERENT UNIT) ,SOME TIME will be position 1,some time position 2,some time position 3 ,t this call strategy ? :?: ,time to change name, call age of lucky
hi i newbie
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

I don't know if its random,or is it in any sequence,but I see,we do need to change it,maybe,like this:
1.Suppose,I have a knight and swordsman in a TC,then,if my TC is attacked,they both will counter.
2.And if an enemy unit is attacked by the knight,the swordsman too will attack,and vice-versa.

Strategically,it will make easier defending a TC
Homo homini lupus
limyuee

Post by limyuee »

As u said, I cannot adjust my position let system random adjust and this call strategy game?do u know what meaning of strategy?have to use tactic,have to think what type of unit have to place what position in TC, to against different type of unit attack, if random I cannot simply move worker into TC, U KNOW WHY? CAUSE SYSTEM RANDOM placed my worker position,it like destined, cannot change my self, please tell me how strategy working, please tell me reason for this game call strategy ,and also thanks for u Answer (refer to this) viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3642
hi i newbie
limyuee

Post by limyuee »

U can try to ask developer how the unit position arrange in TC , I already ask and the answer is random
hi i newbie
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Why not you can swap around the units inside? Like the top left will get hit first, if it die the units behind it (the second one) will get moved automatically to that place, same with third and fourth. Until it's finally empty, coding-wise it should be possible.
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
limyuee

Post by limyuee »

How to swap already try but cannot :( when I MOVE unit into TC ,the unit position random arrange in TC.You can try ask developer this question via gmail, I get the reply is random
hi i newbie
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

limyuee wrote:Hi I really like this game cause it is a strategy game, but why rule of order of units in TC is random ,when u try to put knight in first position but unfortunately the order unit in TC is RANDOM! THIS IS A STRATEGY GAME, NO LUCKY GAME ,please VOTE FOR CHANGE, THANKS
hi limyuee: was that you modifying your google review from 5 star down to 1 star because of this problem?!
limyuee

Post by limyuee »

Yes I play this game since 2015 years, really like this game, but this issue let me give up this game, I find many strategy game, and this is the best want, but this "bug" let this game more like lucky game...... Please forgive about my frankness
hi i newbie
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is not nice...
i tend to make changes not by being forced, simply by being asked... i have very limited time 3 kids, job, house and so on... and these many apps -
but i always do things that was asked nicely and not too much in coding time ...
limyuee

Post by limyuee »

So sorry
hi i newbie
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

is it possible to make it that structures and wagons that garrison more than 1 unit doesnt change unit position after ending turn? i mean y should it even change position of garrisoned units after each turn?

and can u make it that the drag and garrison feature that is used to put a unit in tc into the wagon in the same tc can also b used to swap the position of 2 units in the tc?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

godOfKings wrote:is it possible to make it that structures and wagons that garrison more than 1 unit doesnt change unit position after ending turn? i mean y should it even change position of garrisoned units after each turn?

and can u make it that the drag and garrison feature that is used to put a unit in tc into the wagon in the same tc can also b used to swap the position of 2 units in the tc?
Up.
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

godOfKings wrote:is it possible to make it that structures and wagons that garrison more than 1 unit doesnt change unit position after ending turn? i mean y should it even change position of garrisoned units after each turn?

Yes, possible. Bit of coding tough.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Votes on the "Units position in tcs&wagons" - LMIP II) 1) k) IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is implemented yesterday

Return to “Gameplay & UI”