OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT FOR JULY 2016

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT FOR JULY 2016

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i left clues about what coding it is in :)
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
Give me 5 miniuts.

Patroid
Last edited by patroid on Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hey this post yust was to show thats too ez to decrypt. .yust delete it.

Patroid
Last edited by patroid on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

If it would be needed to be decrypted, dev would not have encrypted it in the first place. please read the posts earlier before doing anything-- now dev will have to encrypt your msg. Better delete it
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:i left clues about what coding it is in :)
lol ikr. But everyone here is a strategist, not a code breaker :)
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I have fixed it already. Please test it in dev version.

It was coded with an ancient coding: caesar 3 :)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

The shift of 3 letters in the alphabet
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Patroid's fate has now been sealed; his castle has fallen. It was a good game, but there were many weaknesses in his strategy that allowed me to gain the upperhand early on.

His heavy use of lancers and saggitari this game allowed my mixed army of infantry, skirmishers, and hussars to easily push back his attacks; his focus on technologies and workers allowed me to swarm his forntline defenses, giving me the advantage early game; and his lack of watchtowers, coupled with holes in his defenses allowed me to sneak in wagons and destroy his castles with assassins.

However, I did not go without my share of weaknesses too. My gameplan hinged on the assumption that I could swarm him hard enough that by the time he had researched all of his techs, they would no longer matter. Unfourtanately for me, I was not entirely right, and he managed to start pumping out siege weapons before I could take down his toughest defenses. This allowed him to actually do a significant amount of damage (he destroyed a fortress, a castle, and a lot of my men), and actually scared me into retreating a bit. If Patroid had taken the lead and defeated me this game, that would have been the decisive turning point. However, during this short defensive phase, I managed to quickly plan out a very strong and fast offensive that completely caught patroid off guard and destroyed his siege weapons and his fortress defense with a single blow. This was probably the move that marked Patroid's death.

We both made mistakes, as well as great moves. As always, I really enjoy these tourney duels, as they allow both player's strategies to really stand out and be disected. :)

Although I am not yet at liberty to announce a final victory for the DCPR, I predict that my soldiers shall clean up the remains in 4- turns. :)

Imagepost images
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Wow this sounds like an incredibly balanced game. You guys seem well matched. It's always impossible to determine who will play aggressive.
Thanks!
Josh
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
Well due a lack of experience in Small Battles i totally failed caus of a wrong taktick. I simply used my 30x30 h 40x40 taktick woth early defense mass and slow army developement. That taktick works pretty well as
Avalyn,Hardeep,First-Speaker,ejm and many others can tell you (i am defeating hardeep and avalyn in a multiplaEr match calld Kampf der Wasserfalle(theres a. Forum Post).

But i was too much thinking that my defensive will easely hold any attack (he killd my 2best points with assasins (castle and fortress mit Heavy Cat and treb in it))

Maybe avalyn hardeep doomcarrot and all the others will finnally review my taktick to fill the THE TRUCE RULES topic with an Entry for me.

Patroid
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, your tactic would have worked very well on a larger map, as by the time my army started hurting you, your techs would have been complete and you would have defeated me with siege weapons and such.

That is why I went full military and hit you as hard as possible early game, because I realized your tech-development phase was my chance to take an advantage. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

it took me two more turns to end it. GG Patroid. :)
Is our game the last of round one?

Imageadult image upload
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Is this still continuing?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Yes only my and elvenprincess's game is left in round 1
She took a 3-4 day break which slowed down the game
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Elven princess has resigned

I was way ahead in points, production and offence, however i would have taken atleast 15 turns to completely overwhelm her.

She was a nice player, who was a good defender but couldnot counter my fast production and strong defence. even though she had a very strong start in naval production , i produced an army of workers and started producing a naval army with them..., side by side keeping her ships at bay for the mean time.
Soon i started attacking and engulfing her... and the game started becoming one sided . Good game elven princess.

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:1.patroid v/s doom carrot
2.Hardeep v/s oq0
3.Coolguy v/s avalyn
4.Bluephoenix v/s elven princess
5.Dev - lordaltamar
6.First speaker v/s rose

(We have only 12 players presently. Whoever doesnot play his turn within 72 hrs is skipped and then kicked)
Any new player can join to replace a non active player

WINNERS

Match 1. Doomcarrot
Match 2. Hardeep
Match 3. Coolguy
Match 4. The blue phoenix
Match 5. Daniel
Match 6. Rose

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
BEST OF LUCK FOR THE NEXT ROUND!

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Please tell me if there is a mistake in the above list of winners

Tomorrow the 2 nd round matches will be revealed.
Congratulations! Well played.

Rose

Post by Rose »

This is gonna be fun
Admire the flowering buds all you like...
However it's the thorns you need to be worried about
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Congrats to everyone else who made it to round 2 (except Hardeep as he achieved this by evil alemeister ways). And good game to all those who were defeated. :)
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

DoomCarrot wrote:Congrats to everyone else who made it to round 2 (except Hardeep as he achieved this by evil alemeister ways). And good game to all those who were defeated. :)
1. I didn't use trebs since he didn't have them unlocked
2. I didn't use cannon towers cause he didn't have them.
3. I gave him pro strats.

Yet I'm considered evil :|
Says a lot about your communist ideals
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

How do we know this is true? Oqo was the only other witness, and he has conviniently vanished. I have no doubt it was probably because you used typical spammy alemeister tactics. :|

Oh well, you shall receive justice this round.... I would be more than glad to be the one who gets to deliver it :twisted:
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Finally, the day has arrived..

Match 1. Doom v/s Rose
Match 2. Hardeep v/s Daniel
Match 3. The blue phoenix versus coolguy.

This will be a 5gem bet game
Map size- 40/40
Please donot use any new or glitchy maps, only the most good ones

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Looks like Daniel shall take care of Hardeep again. :)
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Can you guys record the battle on youtube.
Epic Gamer Moment!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

WORKER1212 wrote:Can you guys record the battle on youtube.
I dont think thats possible.... but we can post updates and screenshots... though the forum doesnt allow high quality ones

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

As for screenshots, this is the setup for Rose's and my game (sorry for the blur, I am green on the left side, and she is red on the right side):

Imageimage hosting no account

It looks very balanced, and should be an interesting game!
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Rigged :evil:
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

TheBluePhoenix wrote: 3. You get to chose whom you are fighting , as everyone here is a pro. If not, then no problem he will be randomly placed with anyone
Busted :twisted:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

too late...

THE WHEELS OF THE TOURNEY HAVE TURNED, IT CAN NOT BE UNDONE, DANIEL SHALL SMITE YOU! :twisted:

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”