Game is getting too buggy UNCONFIRMED

Issues in the game itself, so no crash report but anything that works badly / or other way it should- but without a crash.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Game is getting too buggy UNCONFIRMED

Post by DoomCarrot »

To be very blunt, I have noticed a new bug pop up almost every month or so now. This would not be a problem, except that these bugs seem to go unfixed almost always, meanwhile new features and units are constantly being implemented, despite the fact that new things are often the cause of some bugs. Many of the bugs, (but probably not all):

1. fog/explored gamemode issues in hotseat
2. Centurion/banner bearer/mameluke bonus bugs when multiple units or wagons are involved. (Fixed?)
3. invisible unit issues (if adjacent unit is next to it and it is visible, you can still step on it but it will not die and bugs out the game)
4. rangers can move onto stones and similar but cannot move off when in invisible mode.

These are just the most persistant ones that I can think of off the top of my head. I personally think it is starting to affect the gameplay somewhat severely (I cannot think of a game recently in which I have not run into some sort of bug or another. Personally, I believe that fixing these bugs is very important, even if it means there is no time to implement new stuff for a while.

I feel somewhat bad about saying this, as I have no idea how I or anyone else can really help. (except for the mending ship issue maybe). However, I think that this needs to be brought to the Dev's attention at least, as I am not sure if he realizes the extent and frequency of the increasing number of bugs.
Last edited by DoomCarrot on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Game is getting too buggy

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Thanks for the post.

It can be true that i am not aware of the frequency of bugs, i play myself and i always fix things that i face too, but there can be some that i never face - like hotseat that i never play :)

so i suggest a voting on the most annoying bugs and i will fix the most irritating ones soon.

"rangers can move onto stones and similar when in invisible mode" - this is intentional, slower but can walk on hills, read its thread.
"Dead spaces, especially in long running games. (spaces in which you cannot move on or build)" this one i do not know of, i did not see any issue report on it, what is this?
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

A vote would probably be a good idea. :)
Also, with the ranger issue, is it intended that once a ranger moves onto a rock, it cannot move off of it?

Lastly, I am not sure what causes dead spaces, but I have encountered them in a few games now, and they seem to be more common based on how long the game is running/how messy the map is. In one of my games which has been running ever since winter, there are multiple of these dead spaces, and some of them are in important spots. I will take a screenshot of the issue when it is my turn in one of those games again.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I have a problem where there is a invisible structure or something that is indestructible.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Doom: can i ask you to launch a vote on the issues? i would be greatful!

ranger: no... i will check.

dead spaces: i still dont understand, what is a dead space? non steppable? can you send me a game that has such?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, I will set up a vote tonight. Also, yes the spaces are non-steppable, non-buildable, and I can't remember but they may even block range. I will send you a game with it
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:Doom: can i ask you to launch a vote on the issues? i would be greatful!

ranger: no... i will check.

dead spaces: i still dont understand, what is a dead space? non steppable? can you send me a game that has such?
Try playing the map frozen valley which doom has made(the same one on which we are playing a multiplayer never back down including coolguy and hardeep)
In that, many spots which are adjacent to water, or decorations which are not walkable, then these spots adjacent to them which should be walkable act as invisible blockades- u cannot step on them, or go through them or build on them, even though they are empty... this is what a dead space is. and it is very irritating....
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, i have detected one, i have opened a thread too.
THe map creator must have used a tile that is not properly configured, can you help me with the screenshots telling me where are these tiles?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, i will send a screenshot showing one of the tiles
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, so good news not the game engine has the bug, but a single map.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, as I said in the other topic, this has happened on other maps as well. So if it is a mapmaking issue, it has affected at least 2-3 maps.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please tell me which maps are these (if you face it again) and exactly where are those tiles - thanks!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Frozen valley
Is it already removed from the map in the latest version?
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Also, I encountered this issue on scar, and on Great Sands (I think, but it might have been white field)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i believe all those errors are gone now, please confirm - thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please refresh the list of urgent bugs that are still exists.

also was there a vote somewhere what to fix? how is that vote going?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, I removed fixed problems.

Vote was here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2884

A lot of people voted for the masonry thing however, which turned out to be intentional, so I suppose those votes should be discarded.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok i have an attempt to fix the fog of war-hotseat problem

i wrote this in its topic:
"
I believe i have fixed it, however i am afraid i made refreshing problems in other game modes
- campaign
- random map local games
- random map multiplayer games (with allies too having writing tech)

so please if you have time to test it than please! thanks!
up on server in 10 minutes.
"

ALSO: there is a good chance to have a better speed of the AI part of the game when in FOG mode because on all unit killing there were unnecessary refreshings on other player's visibility.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Cool! I shall try to look for problems.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please give me a fresh list of these bugs.
thanks!
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, I will try to remake the OP

EDIT: the bugs still listed are ones that I am not sure if they are fixed yet.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

the mending ship can be built on land is fixed now.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

"Assassin issues in hotseat (Fixed?)"
i believe it is fixed now, please check (i have only teste on uboats on AOW)

uos 10
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, that is why I had the (fixed?), because I remember you did something for it, and I have not had the issue since, but I did not know 200% if it was fixed.

I removed it from the list though, until someone encounters it again (hopefully not)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i mean i made fixes now.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, well I still haven't run into yet. But I rarely play hotseat anymore.
zteven2

Post by zteven2 »

There's also were the game makes you retry a turn it only happens on some games with multiplayer
“If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.”- Gaius Julius Caesar
Viva La Silesia
http://7thjagerbattalionaufsilesia.my-free.website
Detros

Post by Detros »

zteven2 wrote:There's also were the game makes you retry a turn it only happens on some games with multiplayer
Like multiplayer reloads previous turns and Turn Retry Fail?
zteven2

Post by zteven2 »

Yes Detros
“If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.”- Gaius Julius Caesar
Viva La Silesia
http://7thjagerbattalionaufsilesia.my-free.website

Return to “Game”