Put here if you faced a crash.
Give as detailed info about it as possible
- how can you reproduce it,
- what is the error message
- which map
goose88

Multiplayer reverting to previous turn for re-do

Post by goose88 »

I have had this problem for a while now, and assumed it was known but it has gotten worse. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge -

Basically, I'll make my normal turn in a multiplayer game. It'll send it to the server, then the next player will go, or sometimes an entire round of players. The next day I'll get a new turn notification with a full new 24 hr turn timer, and load up the game only to find that I have to re-do the exact same turn I did the day before! It didn't really bother me before because it gave me a chance to do things better the second time if I made an error. But lately in two different games I've had to make the same turn again but noticed that another player's units have advanced or are in a different spot than when I made the turn the first time. So essentially it never ran my turn, but my badge doesn't show any new skips either.

This recently happened in "Tournament Round 1" game and "The Thistle cup". I would say it's happened at least once in about half of the games I've played in over the past few months. I don't recall if it happened previously with my S5 phone before April.

Please help!
Disco

Re: Multiplayer reverting to previous turn for re-do

Post by Disco »

Never had this, but if I did, id be like..crazy mad (and searching for next-doors cat to boot :twisted: )
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Ah, I see.......
Take solace in the fact that it was not your fault that this happened.
I will allow DOOMDABAD to explain.
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

goose88 wrote:I have had this problem for a while now, and assumed it was known but it has gotten worse. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge -

Basically, I'll make my normal turn in a multiplayer game. It'll send it to the server, then the next player will go, or sometimes an entire round of players. The next day I'll get a new turn notification with a full new 24 hr turn timer, and load up the game only to find that I have to re-do the exact same turn I did the day before! It didn't really bother me before because it gave me a chance to do things better the second time if I made an error. But lately in two different games I've had to make the same turn again but noticed that another player's units have advanced or are in a different spot than when I made the turn the first time. So essentially it never ran my turn, but my badge doesn't show any new skips either.

This recently happened in "Tournament Round 1" game and "The Thistle cup". I would say it's happened at least once in about half of the games I've played in over the past few months. I don't recall if it happened previously with my S5 phone before April.

Please help!
This happened to me too
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Disco

Post by Disco »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:This happened to me too
:evil:
This happened in one of my games lastnite! or I just simply forgot to hit "end turn" button..dunno :oops: Although it was only turn 2, so not so bad..

Here pus puss :x
Avalyn

Post by Avalyn »

Hardeep wrote:Ah, I see.......
Take solace in the fact that it was not your fault that this happened.
I will allow DOOMDABAD to explain.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Istan quete ya merin, ar la hanyuvatyen.
Disco

Post by Disco »

It has occurred again in a few of the games recently. Even a couple of others have said about it over chat (well one was a foreign lang, but he/she didnt seem to happy :P)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please somebody summarize what is the event list on this matter? (what happens) thanks!
goose88

Post by goose88 »

Daniel,

1) Complete turn in multiplayer
2) Game says "sending to server", brings you back to main screen
3) Later or next day, turn notification with fresh 24 hr timer
4) Open up game and units are back at where they were at the beginning of last turn
5) Complete turn in same or different way (learn from mistakes)
6) Sends to server, game continues as normal

But a few times recently it seemed that my units were in the same spot as before previous turn, but another players' units were in a different spot that in the original turn. Like I said, this has happened to me in almost half the games I've played. Sometimes just once, sometimes multiple times. No new skips were added to my badge.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

how much games does such thing from about 20 games?
goose88

Post by goose88 »

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking.
superstrijder15

Post by superstrijder15 »

goose88 wrote:Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking.
If you were to play 20 games/turns, how many do you estimate this happens in.
goose88

Post by goose88 »

Out of 100 turns, I would say 2-3 times.

It's happened in about half of my games, and of those that it happened, it's usually only once or twice per game. Sometimes early, sometimes late in the game.
Detros

Post by Detros »

As far as I get it this was caused by that trick that allowed players to play their enemy turn, in which case they could immedaitely End turn and effectively play two rounds at once. This issue should be now fixed, though probably still only in DEV version yet.

Timeline
Neaw

Post by Neaw »

Hi all...

Sorry to recover this old post, but this problem still happening.

I'm actually playing a game and we're caught by this bug.
For me (neaw) it says that is papabear turn(skeep)... For papabear it's says that is my turn (skeep)... For MickMackMike is also my turn(skeep)

How I see that we're in a bug I asked to papabear to skeep me at the game chat... But two times my chat message disappeared... So I've sent an third message and contacted mickmackmike by facebook and he could read my message and tried to skeep me.. But the game crashed when he try to play... For me it still papabear turn (skeep)

We're now trying to contact papabear and request him to try the same thing and report us..

I didn't remember if is exact that but I think that Ive played the same turn twice... As someones described in another posts here... I think this is the third time in six months that I'm having this issue.

In another time, when I was having the issue like mickmackmike now, I've uninstalled AOE and reinstalled again, downloaded the game mach and I could play and solve the crash... But all the another players didn't play their turns... All ones goes to skeep for a long time...

Wold be better to send the game to dev @Stratego (dev) ?

Return to “Crashes”