Campaign: Paths of Rome

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
HokanPL

Re: Campaign: Paths of Rome

Post by HokanPL »

Map ready. Tomorrow I will send it to Daniel. I'm testing it :)
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

DANIEL!!! WHERE IS MY NEW MAP??? :V
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please specify which, please name it and resend it in email if i happen to miss to put it in - i will put it in immediately!
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

From email michal.mulewicz@gmail.com

map name: Confrontation

Write if you lost it, I can send it one more time if you need
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

In the nearest future I want to design "Demolition " map one more time because my skills are improved and triggers don't work perfectly - map is too hard, actually. I'm confused you didn'd tell anything ;) Then 2 more maps for this campaign and it will be the end of Paths of Rome. Then, I would like to work on "Age of Alerts/Red Alert Strategy" conversion, hope you will help. And then maybe 1 more campaign for AOS (templars, saracens, conspiracy and mysteries) and for AOF (who knows games for kids with small purple dragon as a main hero? :D )
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

triggers don't work perfectly
if you found trigger bugs please report them under issues section - thanks!
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

I wouldn't say it's bug, only not enough tests. I've deleted draft, so I must design it one more time. But not problem, because now I think I can design better map which can give you more fun.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Im just about to continue the campaign, map Demolition. The intro text is a wee bit messy. and hard to follow.

Just a suggestion, replace [newline] with <p> . then at end of line </p>
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

In map “confrontation”,dark centurion will don't move when low hp because AI system. So you can move your catapults to destroy the castle easily.Need to fix it.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Disco wrote:Just a suggestion, replace [newline] with <p> . then at end of line </p>
:)
Thanks!
Josh
Disco

Post by Disco »

HokanPL wrote:In the nearest future I want to design "Demolition " map one more time because my skills are improved and triggers don't work perfectly - map is too hard, actually
Man this map is tough lol Like it though ;)
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

New "Demolition" map sent to Daniel. Hard, very hard, but possible to pass now.
I was off long time, is problem with AI (unit doesn't move if it's hurted) repaired?
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Do you like this map?
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Daniel has some technician problem with deleting old map and give new one as replacement.
Daniel, maybe you didn't notice my email last time, so I'm writing here: So maybe add renewed "Demolition" map as new one (After "Confrontation") and write in description it is as replacment of old, broken map. But if you've solved this and can replace the map, pleace copy and paste storyline-desxription from old map to the new one, ok?

No, I cannot repair triggers from old map because of two reasons:
-I don't have this map in Design map(beta). I lost it by updating the app long time ago, OR I've deleted it on my own, I don't remember.
-I don't want. New map is better in my view, and I've worked much to design it and make triggers. I don't want to throw it away to the rubbish.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Map 1, Re-Attack
- At the end the "You have won" screen did not show any gems ... and while I then had 4 gems I think I had those even before.
- Otherwise, a bit too many units, after clearing the bottom I left two thirds behind and advanced just with archers, centurion and like 6 swordsmen.

EDIT: Map 3 end screen didn't show any gems either and I think it also showed bad amount of turns. I think I finished it in like 18 turns but it showed 12.
Last edited by Detros on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Map 2,
- Interesting style (ravens are great) but the triggers are bit wonky. First I sit few turns before the circle, moving my army, wondering when the wall will remove itself. Remembering there were several triggers already I tried moving Centurion forward and that opened the gate.
- Then I moved in but apparently not in enough because for few more turns my archers happily pin-cushioned the attackers while those were just standing there. Only moving of Centurion closer to centre of circle moved the story again.
- Then I killed all nearby attackers while one blue Spartan, hidden behind firepits, was just standing there, getting his rations in arrows. Then again I tried moving Centurion bit forward and, while standing safely with all enemies down I got a storyboard with "They are too many, oh run, Centurion". When nothing happened for a turn I go bored of trying to kill that Spartan with arrows and moved Centurion to the corner.
- Continuning on this is the beginning of Map 3 "All my men lost, why, or why" monolog which just looks weird after I have cleared the previous level.
- I suggest to add some pointining-in-the-right-direction triggers for "when first player arrives to [doors of circle | centre of the circle]" the text shown is like "Marcus, we have found XXX. ~ OK, let me have a closer look on it.". Also, make the attackers to stand bit farther so they can't be attacker before the fight or even better, make it each turn one or two are spawned. Thus you can then more easily sell that "all my men lost" situation to play, I think.
- Only the intro of the first map notes the centurion is named Marcus, second map intro does not say so. Please, rename the unit to "Marcus" in all its maps. I got quite confused here at the end of Map 2 when in that "Run!" dialogue one of speakers was talking to Marcus.

Btw, Daniel or CoolGuy (or who all has the rights), could you move this thread to "Campaign map discussions" section, please?
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Thanks for playing my campaign!

About gems and numbers of turns - bug of game itself, I've noticed that many times in many maps.

About second map "too easy problem" - so the only thing I can do for example is to spawn some poison archers behind stones and maybe elephants/shadow warriors/horse knights at place where you've started.
Just for make climate better for people who don't play typical :D Good job
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Moved the topic to Campaign discussions per Detros's request since the campaign is built and implemented
Thanks!
Josh
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

How to beat "Brain Storm" - Heavy Catapults are decimating my ally and ultimately killing "King" (actually prince hero unit).
Problem is that allied AI targets only rams with fortresses and ignores catapults, and enemy AI destroys my left trebuchet on their first turn (1 heavy catapult shot). Even when I somehow managed to destroy side catapults central one kills "king" who stupidly goes suicidal against enemy hoplites. 5 attempts and the same story. Maybe it would be beatable with some additional trainable units, but upgrades are turned off on this map.
Age of Strategy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Do not allow to allied king leave the castle, kill in first several turns enemy trebushets and try to kill enemy workers, than target with your trebushets enemy catapults, when you killed enemy trebushets and rams you can begin counter attack.

A reminder: centurion can affect roman legionaries with his auras thus increasing their attack and armors by +2.

Upd.:
I was able to win this map right now without loosing any starting units of my own army exept of 2 roman legionaries.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:27 am Do not allow to allied king leave the castle, kill in first several turns enemy trebushets and try to kill enemy workers, than target with your trebushets enemy catapults, when you killed enemy trebushets and rams you can begin counter attack.

A reminder: centurion can affect roman legionaries with his auras thus increasing their attack and armors by +2.

Upd.:
I was able to win this map right now without loosing any starting units of my own army exept of 2 roman legionaries.
How on first attempt?
Just now I somehow managed to win, but tried many times - every time left trebuchet is destroyed before finishing left catapult or right one before destroying middle and right catapult I lost.
The problem was at start:
- I target trebuchets - workers mend them.
- I target catapults - workers mend them.
- I target workers - misses terribly and manages to kill 1 worker at most.
- I desperately target rams to lure workers - insignificant damage. And there is enough workers in the back to still mend their siege machines.
If I move longbowmen close to the wall catapult targets them and allows trebuchet to live up to 4 turn, but other times it is eliminated on 2nd blue enemy attack - even if it avoids direct hit enemy trebuchet finishes it.
Without trebuchet I had no means to destroy catapults which one-hit kills buffed legionaries and severely damages knights/mounted templars to be finished by hoplite.

Finally I started playing only after killing 2 workers in first turn (if not withdraw), and then targeted only workers or rams until no workers are close to catapult/trebuchet (except right catapult which is hit by ally fortress) and still I loose 1 trebuchet every time.
On my successfull try 1 enemy trebuchet was left alive, but it can be ignored.
Still - it was 15 attempt or so? Not counting withdraws in 1st turn.
I see only 2 options - I don't know some essential info about AI targetting algorithm or it is just too much luck based.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

@Endru1241
I tried once again today. Win in turn 23. It is possible to win.

Just keep using trebuchets to attack heavy catapults. I think you can destroy 2/3 heavy catapults,except middle one.

Don't pull your units near the gate. Just let green units to "stuck" enemy's path. Once 2 heavy catapults and green gates were destroyed, use heavy knights to destroy green hoplite, especially at left hand side. When you clear the path, pull all your knight templar to attack siege machines.

Tips:
1. Use archers and swordsmans to "stuck" green special unit's path until heavy catapults were destroyed.
2. Use knight templar to destroy rock, using heavy knight to attack missionary at the same turn.
3. Stable will build lancer/heavy lancer. Don't let red special unit stand near (6 tiles) it.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I was lucky than because i was able to kill enemies at turn 18 and kill enemy catapults extremly fast.
I think i killed catapults exept middle one up to turn 6 and than to turn 9 i killed trebushets and all enemy hoplites.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

@tamtam12345
I know it's possible, because I finally done it - something like 20-22 turns, but I couldn't win leaving central catapult alive - "king" was escaping from my blockade through leftmost skirmisher or a hole in the wall between original left fortresses positions.
@makazuwr32
Or maybe you placed units or targetted differently in the first few turns.
Still - I think this map is unnecessarily unpredictable.

Return to “Campaign map discussions”