Tech:Put out fire

tamtam12345

Tech:Put out fire

Post by tamtam12345 »

Infantry units learned how to put out fire effectively.
(Only upgraded infantry units can do(e.g..board swordman))(to balance)
(only delete effect "burnt" that have in your/friend units(e.g..transport/battering rams))
(can't repair(+hp))
(Cost an action)

Cost:3~7 turns
Only can upgrade in town/barrack.
Disco

Re: Tech:Put out fire

Post by Disco »

I like this. Could save lives!
Although I think it could do with a better name?
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Sorry for my poor english. :)
Disco

Post by Disco »

tamtam12345 wrote:Sorry for my poor english. :)
Your english is fine buddy.
I mean a more suitable name for it. Like "fire-fighter" or "wet-blanket", but better ;)
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Tech Name: Fire Apprehension?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Disco

Post by Disco »

DoomCarrot wrote:Tech Name: Fire Apprehension?
Yeah im thinking thats about as good as it gets mate ;)

I just did a quick google, an best name i found was "bucket brigade" lmao.
Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

I think this tech might make fire archers VERY unpopular.
I don't think much people use the fire archers often anyways (or at least many of the players I have played with) and I think this might reduce the fire archer's use a lot. Most (or all) players use mainly upgraded units (man at arms, defender) rather than the special units (spartan, roman infantry) so I don't think limiting this tech to only upgraded units will be very effective.
This tech will make fire archers almost useless because the fire would be put out before the fire effect will do any harm meaning that it would be the same as just shooting a building with an arrow.

To improve this tech I think we could:
1) Dont make the infantry unit remove all the burn effect but only reduce the turn of the effect (by 2/3 turns).
2) Only researched in advancements centre to increase the advancements centre's use.
3) Also make this tech affect special units (mace, spartan, roman infantry, highlander) so that they would not become more unpopular than the upgraded units.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Good point Darkknight. Perhaps it could only put out one "flame" on the unit?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Aye Darknight! Very good points.
Like you would need to invent in advancement centre. Maybe only a single unit has this skill...like the labourer :shock:
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Darkknight wrote: To improve this tech I think we could:
1) Dont make the infantry unit remove all the burn effect but only reduce the turn of the effect (by 2/3 turns).
2) Only researched in advancements centre to increase the advancements centre's use.
3) Also make this tech affect special units (mace, spartan, roman infantry, highlander) so that they would not become more unpopular than the upgraded units.
I agree (2).
I think cut only one fire picure is more suitable.
And in (3),Maceman should not be included because it is too strong in atk and it has low turns to create.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

To be honest, #3 might confuse a lot of players who are new/not very serious players. :lol:

Return to “Techs”