Resurrect?

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Tommygun

Resurrect?

Post by Tommygun »

Hi guys,

I am in a multipla game and I kick out a player for inactive, we kept playing without him/her BUT 3 turns later this player resurrected and the game went back those 3 turns?!?!
Few days later I kicked him/her again but again resurrected...what is going on here? can anybody explain why?
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Resurrect?

Post by DoomCarrot »

This is part your fault, and part mine. You must forgive me for creating the malevolent spirit that you have now awakened. Well, let me explain:

Once upon a time, there was a player called sb. He happened to spawn near me in the midst of an epic war. My legions came to his land, offering him peace should he swear fealty, but he brought out soldiers to defend his land. However, the moment war seemed imminent, he forgot to take his turns. His armies stood lifelessly, without a commander to lead them.

So... I slaughtered him. And to keep him from ever returning.... I kicked him at my first chance. I knew it was a cold, ruthless action, but I thought I would not be held accountable.

But I was wrong.

His spirit, enraged by my dishonorable actions, continued to haunt the game. He rolled back the game to a turn from the past, and my enemies, who had seen what strategies I employed before the rollback, prepared for my future strategies and defeated me. Ever since then, his angry spirit has continued to pop up in random games of mine, harrassing me and my allies.

However, it seems you have attracted his attention by kicking someone. The way you kicked someone in your game no doubt reminded sb's spirit of what I did to him, and he has now chosen to haunt you as well. Forgive me, but there is nothing that can be done. You cannot kill what has already been kicked. The only way to appease his spirit would be to duel him to the death on a fair map, but sb vanished the day I kicked him.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Lol, Tommygun, this is more true than you realize.
Thanks!
Josh
Disco

Post by Disco »

Hi Tommy, welcome to the forum ;)
I havent played much MP, but im guessing its some sort of bug...or revenge :twisted:

You could always PM Dev->memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please no, i hate PM system in forum, email me instead.
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

The ancient no rush law was broken. Nature itself was twisted temporarily due to the... terrible void that was Doomdabads heart. This allowed the departed spirit to detach from its host, and haunt the servers. Had Doomdabad adhered to the sacred truce that was no rush.... perhaps... no, never mind. It is not good to dwell on the past, especially this specific cataclysmic event.
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
Tommygun

Post by Tommygun »

well guys thanks for your responses, no worries for the spirit, i have kicked out again 3 times already, what annoying battle this one. Dev definitely should fix this.
Valaraukar

Post by Valaraukar »

Sometimes battles for me go back a few turns too. IDK why.
"Nonetheless the Valar did not discover all the mighty vaults and caverns...many evil things still lingered there, and others were dispersed and fled into the dark and roamed in the waste places of the world, awaiting a more evil hour..."

Return to “Others”