What are the best units for you?

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
Darkknight

Re: What are the best units for you?

Post by Darkknight »

My list
1) Defender (sheilder upgrade) - good armor. Dont need to worry about archers. Good enough for other infantry and very good for destroying enemy towers.
2) Heavy Knight - Hard to kill. Fast and a little tanky. Great for charges destroying/distracting the enemies while my defender army advances
3) Crossbow archers - high range, strong attack. Good for supporting infantry and killing pike for my heavy knights to charge.
4) Missionaries - healers are just too slow...
5) Catapults - high cost but Powerful

My worst units:
ALL SHIPS - just bad with them for some reason... (transport ships are not too bad but still...)
Last edited by Darkknight on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
silentz27

Post by silentz27 »

For me the workers haha I kill a spartan using only a workers XD I trap the spartan with the building of fortress in the side of Spartans haha poor prisoner
Have a nice day everyone
zteven2

Post by zteven2 »

All Calvary and longbow and man at arms and haliburs and the triemeire
“If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.”- Gaius Julius Caesar
Viva La Silesia
http://7thjagerbattalionaufsilesia.my-free.website
lordtalamar

Post by lordtalamar »

Warships tons of warships and battering rams. chariot archers at start of game are fun
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I bet it was a big owie for you when the Fire Archers came. :)
Thanks!
Josh
Calibear

Post by Calibear »

My scouts: "Lancers" coz y'all light cavs, knights , missionaires , horseback archers and chariots get shrekt. More hp than pikemen, definitely worth the cost.
My infantries: dunno, its like shopping on a mall.
My support: All hail teh working class!
My sieges: Wagon with three Battering Rams (with my SWATanegashimas), Breach in and nobody gets out alive! If airstrike needed, send teh Orniths to drop hell on them. 8-)
Strategy...Strategy.. I want your strategy! Wait, did you just only used tactics!?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

And range units pick your formations apart. ;)
Thanks!
Josh
Calibear

Post by Calibear »

Dunno, I can't imagine the breaching part tho. Battery Rams got 100 pierce armor then
Guns blaizing vs Arrows raining...
It would be like the Normandy Landing or like Japanese Banzai blitzkrieg.
Well, still depends on the strategy of both sides.
Strategy...Strategy.. I want your strategy! Wait, did you just only used tactics!?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I see fully upgraded crossbows taking your "scout" Lancers to the ground (leaving the area free for my boys), and then fire archers raining fiery death Germanic blitzing banzai squad. :) Not to mention the defenders have their own catapults with their big boy pants on. ;)

To each his own. :) I just think you should come up with a contingency for ranged units.
Thanks!
Josh
Calibear

Post by Calibear »

Thanks mate for requesting of contingency plan against ranged units.
Since we put upgrades on front, I will heavy the lancers.
I don't know what to buy on barracks, maybe shielders.
I got no plans on archers, so I go with skirmishers then (I haven't faced a real arrow problem).
Fire archers will set the Batt rams on fire but not destroy, so I'll cross fingers on catapults I hope one out of three will breach the wall.

I can make a wagon factory or any other since with workers, but I can't see fun on catapults coz they miss or off target so I don't make much from that.

I can't swim so I don't like taking seas and piratin like Yarr all! Sow here's my weakness and take it or leave it. I might get lucky or misfortunate gamblin on seas. I stick to the ground.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

That's sounding better. :) I can think of a few maps that you would have a major disadvantage with your hydrophobia. ;)
Thanks!
Josh
ollie444

Post by ollie444 »

Skirmishers are extremely effective against archers :)
But pretty much pathetic at anything else :(

So I would keep an emergency skirmisher group garrisoned just in case!
And you should consider building a trireme for some sea security. Other wise ranged ships and catapult ships can be a nightmare to destroy if they stay out of melee range (arrows do little damage, and warships avoid catapults easily).
benedictarnold

Post by benedictarnold »

Here's how I roll, and its worked pretty well.

But every battle is different, and almost every unit has a niche.

In general though...

Infantry: man at arms and halbert. Man at arms is good against buildings but they're really just there to flood the enemy with stuff to kill. Halbert is good against mounted units.

Mounted: Heavy knights and light infantry. Light infantry is mainly for tc grabbing at the start. Other units are good, but I almost never use them. I think I made a chariot...once?

Arrows: crossbowmen, fire archers. Skirmishers are a nice unit to balance against archers, but I almost never use them.

Siege: catapults ftw. They're pretty much the main thing to build. They can clear out enemies like nothing else. Trebuchets are also great. Take out buildings in one shot - killer.

Air: the ornithopters are a great counter to trebuchets, but I don't use them against normal troops since they can be so easily killed by just one Archer.

Other thoughts: a good offense beats a good defense every time. Attack attack attack!
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

If you ever play RiverRaider, you will have to play using skirmishers. :)
Thanks!
Josh
benedictarnold

Post by benedictarnold »

RiverRaider neutralizes my archer attack every time. But hey, like I said each battle is different - you have to adapt to survive.
Kalistra

Post by Kalistra »

Hard to beat the missionaries, they might be slow, but stealing their units?!? Shmakk!
Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak. If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. -Sun Tzu's Art of War
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Crossbow archers. HORDES of max upgraded Crossbow archers are not stoppable!!! :D And they are so cheap. :lol:
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

For AI: Missionaries
For players:Catapults
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

HokanPL wrote:Crossbow archers. HORDES of max upgraded Crossbow archers are not stoppable!!! :D And they are so cheap. :lol:
They are stoppable with a few well-trained skirmisher. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Not in my hands ;)
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

My favorite is the worker closely followed by priest.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

My favs are assassins , ballistas , and all basic units in their max upgrades
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

TheBluePhoenix wrote: ballistas
To all those naysayers of the mighty ballistae, know that it shall be your DOOM!
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
superstrijder15

Post by superstrijder15 »

Longinus wrote:Made my first samurai army... just discovered that they can attack twice in one turn..
However this means the enemy can counter twice to, so if you attack something with a bonus on samurai they will get tremendous damage.
superstrijder15

Post by superstrijder15 »

A few knights can ruch onto your ballistae bro, although you could of course also train pikemen
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

That is a good point about samurai. Also, everything has bonuses against samurai it seems, which is why they are meh.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

superstrijder15 wrote:
A few knights can ruch onto your ballistae bro, although you could of course also train pikemen
Well i know they are a bit short ranged, thats why i generally dont use them alone...
But nothings as good as destroying a wooden bridge using a ballista..
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

worker,tie fighter,ranger,assasin
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

What works for me are the Men at Arms, Crossbows, Axe Knight, Cannon, Advanced Warship, and Workers.
Epic Gamer Moment!
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

cool units!

Return to “Other discussions about the game”