Re: Dwarves! Revived!

Post by Hardeep »

Grrrr....
*grumble*
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

The one thing I find very satisfying is how I can change the units abilities by editing the top post whenever I like :twisted:
Is this how COOLguy and Daniel feel like? Does this mean I am the Dwarvish Design manager? :o

And also, if you could make and Arbalest picture (A tripod supported rifle/artillery piece. See Aoe3) it would be appreciated :D
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Lol, feel the power of the original poster :lol:

Yes, I will try to make a better arbalest image. I don't have the time to do it today, but I'll try to make one soon.

EDIT: Oh cool, you added billmen and war machines to the OP. The descriptions though... what an abuse of power :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Hey, this is a rough draft of dwarf/gnome arbalest. I think this is what you meant, but to be honest the original image was pretty bad, so I couldn't tell what it was supposed to be... How is this image? I'm not very happy with it, tell me if the shadowing is bad, skirt looks weird, arms look weird, or if there is anything else wrong.

EDIT: Upon closer investigation I realized you probably wanted a musket type thing, even though that is not at all what an arbalest is, but I made an image for it :) (If we use the musket version it cannot be named "arbalest" imo, maybe sharpshooter or musketeer.

free photo hosting

windows print screen
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

Leave the runes to me (great idea by the way). I'll have some art for the techs.

As far as how they work, I would say they would be similar to spells, but last longer/permanent. To prevent them being OP, the range of the runesmith would be one (which makes sense as he's forging the magic runes into armour/weapons/talismans/etc...)
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

Not a finished piece, but a concept artwork. Thoughts? I actually have a warhammer army book for dwarves with over 40 runes, so I can easily draw them up, just want to make sure I have the right idea.

Thanks
Attachments
Rune Concept .png
Rune Concept .png (964 Bytes) Viewed 7894 times
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

Oh, and call the arbelist something more "manly-dwarven" like Thunderers or Lead Belchers. ;)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I think the runes should look more like some sort of shape, like the first few that were made. The rune itself looks good though!

EDIT: realized Hardeep did not put the original rune images in the OP. Or the hammer fighter. :evil:
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

DoomCarrot wrote:Hey, this is a rough draft of dwarf/gnome arbalest. I think this is what you meant, but to be honest the original image was pretty bad, so I couldn't tell what it was supposed to be... How is this image? I'm not very happy with it, tell me if the shadowing is bad, skirt looks weird, arms look weird, or if there is anything else wrong.

EDIT: Upon closer investigation I realized you probably wanted a musket type thing, even though that is not at all what an arbalest is, but I made an image for it :) (If we use the musket version it cannot be named "arbalest" imo, maybe sharpshooter or musketeer.

free photo hosting

windows print screen
I was thinking more of a Abus gun, sorry for the mix up
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, I kind of figured that's what you meant after re-reading what you asked :lol:

Is the second picture good enough? If not, what is missing? Should I make it more like a cannon?
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Sharpen his beard a bit, otherwise its good
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

How is this?

Last edited by DoomCarrot on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

Yeah, that's pretty good. Maybe a bit more shading on the skirt.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

DoomCarrot wrote:I think the runes should look more like some sort of shape, like the first few that were made. The rune itself looks good though
Yeah, that's just the LOTR Dwarven rune for G. I'll do some proper ones today.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Cool! And I think I shaded the skirt better now, tell me what you think.

Last edited by DoomCarrot on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

Yeah man, heaps better! I think it's ready.

Ok, I tried a different rune. I made this one look like it was on a stone. What do you think?
Attachments
Rune 1.png
Rune 1.png (665 Bytes) Viewed 8208 times
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Nice, very cool!
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

Ok, if everyone is happy, I can make enough runes for all Hardeep's suggested runes (8 more).
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

3 more...
Attachments
Rune 4.png
Rune 4.png (657 Bytes) Viewed 8193 times
Rune 3.png
Rune 3.png (585 Bytes) Viewed 8193 times
Rune 2.png
Rune 2.png (642 Bytes) Viewed 8193 times
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Cool!

I hope there will be descriptions on these, because I have no idea what these runes mean. :lol:
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
Looks pretty cool, but the ToDo list says that the Tutorial Maps need be done
Before we can start the dwarfes.

Daniel himself, wrote a ToDo list wich has to be done before we can start to Implement the dwarges as
A new Race!

Also in my Opinion Dwarfes gonna be a race you will unlock for 100 gems.

Patroid
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

100 gems! :o

That's like... Not even as many maps as AoF has yet :lol:
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
Now you know the task. :-)

CREATE A TON OF FREAKING AWESOME GEM PAYIBG MAPS AND CAMPIGNS.

Lancer i want YOU to think of it.
(Others are welcome aswell)

Patroid
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I currently am working on an AoS campaign, but I will try to make some AoF maps in the future.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

I would love to make some campaign maps, but I'm struggling with the triggers. Every time I try to save, it comes up with multiple trigger error messages.
:oops:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Something that causes issues like that: Change the effect around every time you create a new cond/effect. For instance, lets say I want to select 2 units and change them to another team. Do effect 1, then choose the change team effect, fill in everything, done. Now, create effect 2, but CHANGE the effect to something random, like change unit HP, and then change it back to change unit to another team effect. Then fill in everything and done.

If you don't do that, the triggers get glitchy/bug out. Not sure why. Hope that long wall of text made the slightest bit of sense. :lol:
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

I think dwarves need dwarven fighter because dwarven axeman is too expensive. Dwarven fighter costs 2 or 3 turns, have a decent stats, and wield an axe and a wooden shield.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Good point Samuel, they currently only have a 4-turn infantry.

Also Hardeep, when are you gonna update that ugly abus gun image. :lol:
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

I could've sworn I already did that.....
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

We might just rethink about costs
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Subraces”