The Great War! (MP campaign)

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

The Great War! (MP campaign)

Post by DoomCarrot »

It has begun :D

Rules:

1. There shall be two teams made up of two players each. In this campaign the teams are (RiverRaider + Hardeep vs First_Speaker + DoomCarrot).
2. To start, players will choose their starting territory in order of - Hardeep, RiverRaider, First_Speaker, DoomCarrot. Each player shall start with one army in their starting territory.
3. A player is defeated when they have no more armies or owned territories on the campaign map.
4. A team is defeated when no players on the team have armies or owned territories on the campaign map.
5. If a player is defeated, he cannot return to play by any means.
6. Gameplay shall be divided into 2 segments-Map and Battle

THE MAP:
1. A round shall be defined as a complete set of the offensive team's actions and the defensive team's actions, as well as any resulting battles.
2. Teams shall switch offensive/defensive roles each round.
3. RiverRaider shall always take his turn before Hardeep each round, and First_Speaker shall always take his turn before DoomCarrot each round.
4. The offensive team's players can either: train an army on an owned territory, move an army into a friendly territory, or invade an enemy (or unoccupied) territory from an adjacent territory.
5. The defensive team's players can either: move an army into a friendly controlled territory (or an unoccupied territory) or defend an attacked territory.
6. when all map moves are finished, any attacked territory results in a battle.
7. If an attacked territory has multiple defending armies, an AI is given to the defending team for each extra army or one that is not "defending," up to the maximum amount of AI possible for the battle.
8. Order of players shall go: (Offensive team's first player), (Defensive team's first player), (Offensive team's second player), (Defensive team's second player).
9. In a battle, the player who owns the territory shall create the map, unless there are no human defenders. In this case, the initial attacker creates the map.
10. First_Speaker/DoomCarrot shall be the offensive team of round 1.
11. A player can not recruit more armies than owned territories.

THE BATTLES:
Battle maps MUST BE:

Map: The corresponding map of the territory attacked.
Reveal/Explored/Fog
Towns: normal
Teams: 2
Upgrades: Yes(0)
Starting Techs: None
Starting Units: few/many/minimal
TEAM COLORS SHOULD MATCH THE COLORS IN THE CAMPAIGN. First_Speaker = GREEN, Hardeep = YELLOW, RiverRaider = BLUE, DoomCarrot = RED.

Take screenshots of the battles for sharing and proof! :)

===================================================================

Ok, I think that's it! If I was unclear or forgot something, please tell me. I shall update the map regularly based on the status of the campaign. Now, since we are more or less ready to go, may Hardeep choose his starting territory! :D

imagur

Map Key:
1. White Field
2. Frozen Valley
3. Vvardenfell
4. North-South
5. Island
6. Continent Bridge
7. Great Sands
8. Mediterranean

Colors under numbers represent who owns the territory. Colored numbers represent armies in the territory.
Last edited by DoomCarrot on Sat May 14, 2016 10:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: The Great Campaign!

Post by DoomCarrot »

Phew, that took a lot longer than I thought it would. :lol:
Totally worth it though, may the epic war begin!
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Hardeep

Re: The Great War! (MP campaign)

Post by Hardeep »

I'll take Island!
For Trump and victory!
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Map is updated! RiverRaider may now choose his starting territory!

EDIT: oops, I forgot to give you an army, my bad! Map is updated again! :lol:
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

First-Speaker: take Continent Bridge - no one will ever want to attack you there :)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

^^

I had to include one or two unpredictable maps for the heck of it :lol:

Although it is currently RiverRaider's turn to choose.
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

I come to chew bubble gum and kick a$$...Thanks Infowars?..my choice Great Sands )
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Updated: First_Speaker may choose his starting territory!
RiverRaider 1097

Sorry Doom I forgot ta tell ya Thanks! for the cool concept of the game and a chance to play )
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

I choose vvardenfell.

Yeah, great idea DOOM... ;)

DOOM also forgot one crucial rule: no player may have more armies than their teams number of territories. This is for 2 reasons:
1. It prevents a losing player from getting to a near-unbeatable state by raising multiple armies in their last territory. (I have run similar campaigns before without this rule and this ALWAYS happened, making the war eternal)
2. It fits in with the concept of the campaign. You need the domestic output of a territory (food, weapons, etc...) to maintain an army. Thus it provides incentive for capturing additional Territories, like reality.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

COOLguy wrote:First-Speaker: take Continent Bridge - no one will ever want to attack you there :)
If it's still available next turn, I will. I like that map, just not as much as Vvardenfell. ;)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Good, I will update the map!

Also, I added rule (11) under map rules. However, I simply put that a player cannot "raise" more armies than territories, because it may happen that you have 4 armies and a player conquers one of your unoccupied territories, leaving you with 3 territories for example.

Also, I do not think multiple armies will be too overpowered, but it will be difficult to beat. 2 AI + 2 Humans vs. 2 Humans is deffinately beatable if it were to happen, but it would be difficult.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Also, I choose continent bridge :lol:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, map is updated, round 1 may begin! First_Speaker (offensive) may invade a territory!
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, while strategizing I thouht of this: Can an offensive player do a non-invasion move? AKA moving an army from one friendly territory to another? i personally think this should be allowed, but what do you guys think?
RiverRaider 1097

I think so too, like the old board game Risk! was played?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, exactly :)

Also, forgive First_Speaker for his delay. We are discussing the strategies of our first move :lol:
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

DoomCarrot wrote: Can an offensive player do a non-invasion move? AKA moving an army from one friendly territory to another? i personally think this should be allowed, but what do you guys think?
Absolutely. Positioning troops is crucial.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

OK, apologies for the delay. I will move my army North, to white fields and take its frozen citizens into the protection of the Mutelands.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, rule M.4 is updated. Map shall be updated in a minute :)

Now RiverRaider may make his move.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

River? Of House Raider? Hellooooo? :lol:
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

This could take some time.....

:?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yeah, I hope he's not gonna end up pulling an Esley on us, we can't go through this all over again :|
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

RIVERRAIDER !!!!
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, on one hand, I am very upset that he is gone, because he was cool, and we need him to keep playing this :lol:

On the other hand, my dark side is whispering to be happy that one of Hardeep's supporters has disappeared a week before election time. :?
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

DoomCarrot wrote: On the other hand, my dark side is whispering to be happy that one of Hardeep's supporters has disappeared a week before election time. :?
Sorry, I'll try to keep my voice down.... :twisted:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Sorry Riverraider....

If anyone would like to TAKE RIVERRAIDER's spot, please speak up. We have hardly started the campaign, so if you want to join, you have not missed anything! :)

I hate to do this to RiverRaider, but it's been too long, and I put a decent amount of work into getting this going, and I would hate to see this die.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, this is dead I think. :(

I hope RiverRaider is ok... :?

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”