March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status! *FINISHED*

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
COOLguy

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by COOLguy »

You can email me, and I can make it smaller, or you can upload it and post a link like DoomCarrot and I do.
Thanks!
Josh
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

Good game Lagitkiller, I conceded fellas )
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

So LagitKiller has won? The game is over?
Last edited by DoomCarrot on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
LagitKiller

Post by LagitKiller »

Yeah, he resigned after i took a town and was going to take another the next turn, it was hard to impossible for him to come back. It was a good game river raider
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Very well, good game! I shall update the brackets! You're to the right of Daniel, so you know what to do :)

Good luck to the Daniel vs. LagitKiller game!
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

An update for COOLGuy vs DoomCarrot:

We plugged on despite our bizarre glitch. However, with the knowledge of how our original strategies played out, we both took some different routes.
As you can see, I focused on building fortifications in the north. COOLGuy built some ships in the river to prevent my catapult ship massacre that happened before the glitch, and he successfully held me back from hitting his blacksmith/advancements center. He likely has cannons by now, as I just stole massive walls from him, and who researches massive walls before gunpowder? :lol:

Speaking of stealing, he has lost both tc's on our border. The Northern one he did a good job holding for a while, mostly due to my stupidity of sending only ranged units to take it, as well as my catapult ship missing multiple times. :oops:
The Southern one was an unpredicted loss for him I believe. His garrison was very small, and I overwhelmed it easily with a wagon o' knights. He will probably take it back with some scattered reinforcements, but I suspect it will be a no-man's-land for a while.

As for points, we have been neck-and-neck for a while, with about a 10-200 point difference that has gone back and forth.
image hosting no account
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I suppose that you are all dying to hear from the COOLprotectorate. Does the DCPR tell the truth? Is the DCPR actually close to changing the momentum of the game? Does the DCPR even have a prayer? ;)

I will answer all of these questions with questions of my own:
-Did the DCPR tell you about how the COOLfront has retaken those border towns?
-Did the DCPR tell you that while they did it, the COOLfront were able to capture TWO techs resulting in over 17 turns of research?
-Did the DCPR tell you that they have been scrambling to catch up in research and fortifications since the beginning of the game?
-Did the DCPR tell you that he has no idea of the strength of the COOLfront or what they build until it is too late?
-Did the DCPR tell you that this 10-200 point gap has always been in favor of the COOLprotectorate? AND
-That the gap is now 600?
-Did the DCPR tell you that the COOLfront has outfoxed him since the opening game to seize more production facilities?
and finally:
-Did the DCPR tell you that the DCPR even had a prayer?
;)

Nice try Doom. Your assaults were amusing. :) Honestly I did not expect the south, but I was prepared anyway. And as I said: the north is just a feint. The south is my endgame.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I know, I see the wagons full of cannons being built... But the people of the DCPR must hope nonetheless! The People's Republic does not give up!
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

lol I love how you have to surmise what I have and don't have - there's a tip for you ;)
DoomCarrot wrote:But the people of the DCPR must hope nonetheless! The People's Republic does not give up!
Honestly, that's why I love playing you. :D
Thanks!
Josh
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Lol, this:
COOLguy wrote:I suppose that you are all dying to hear from the COOLprotectorate. Does the DCPR tell the truth? Is the DCPR actually close to changing the momentum of the game? Does the DCPR even have a prayer? ;)

I will answer all of these questions with questions of my own:
-Did the DCPR tell you about how the COOLfront has retaken those border towns?
-Did the DCPR tell you that while they did it, the COOLfront were able to capture TWO techs resulting in over 17 turns of research?
-Did the DCPR tell you that they have been scrambling to catch up in research and fortifications since the beginning of the game?
-Did the DCPR tell you that he has no idea of the strength of the COOLfront or what they build until it is too late?
-Did the DCPR tell you that this 10-200 point gap has always been in favor of the COOLprotectorate? AND
-That the gap is now 600?
-Did the DCPR tell you that the COOLfront has outfoxed him since the opening game to seize more production facilities?
and finally:
-Did the DCPR tell you that the DCPR even had a prayer?
;)

Nice try Doom. Your assaults were amusing. :) Honestly I did not expect the south, but I was prepared anyway. And as I said: the north is just a feint. The south is my endgame.
Really shows how truthful the DCPR has been throughout its conception, and how it is composed as of now.
Just deception, and delusion :lol:
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

COOLguy wrote:-That the gap is now 600?
Now 700 :)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Terrible news from the DCPR!

The COOLNation has overwhelemed our assault, and has begun a counter attack! The border cities which we once fought to control are now firmly in the hands of the evil COOLFront organization! And worse than that, they have literally "turtled" off the river, leaving our main invasion fleet bottlenecked in the river...

They have also begun to send trebuchets to destroy our northern fortifications. Hopefully, the DCPR will be able to destroy these siege weapons, but it shall be costly.

The COOLNation has stolen many of our prized military training tactics, and are now capable of producing ranged units on par with our legions! And, worse than all of this, their points have sharply spiked above the DCPR's... However, thankfully for us, points mean nothing! :D
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

upload a picture

Well, the battle in a nutshell: I am winning.

Maybe it is hard to see, but the points are over 1000 in my favor. I have retained all my precious towns. Doom has lost his momentum and quite a few units along with it (such as a castle and soon his other one). :)

And on top of that, I, the COOLprotector, have returned (see my post in Off Topics). I will be personally heading this COOLfront, so expect an all advance order in about 4 turns. :)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

This... This is impossible. Our hard earned gems, about to be thrown to the pectorate. This is.... A devastating blow not only to the river legions, but to to DCPR as a whole.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, the game has turned into a desperate mantlet-spamming fest on my end, as COOLGuy's unstoppable forces have taken control of everything but deep DCPR territory, the garrisons of which are surrounded and outnumbered 10 to 1.

This game probably won't last much longer :lol:

On a side note: How is Daniel vs Lagitkiller going? I hope this game is in process?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

You can see:

Doom has created a moving palisade forest of mantlets. His land is strangely devoid of any fortifications... or many troops...
Thanks!
Josh
LagitKiller

Post by LagitKiller »

I just resigned against daniel, I had no way of coming back, good luck to the championship game
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

No way. This cannot be happening
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

:shock:

THE BATTLE OF THE CENTURY IS APPROACHING! :lol:

I shall update the brackets, good game Daniel vs. Lagitkiller!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

So battle 2016 will be COOLGUY THE DESIGMA(short for design manager) v/s DANIEL THE DEV
from the great empire of cool land pectorate, the noble and just ruler emperor james pitted against the greatest of the great, the valiant ruler of the complete world sans small lands under the forumers the greatest of the great , the godly king daniel
Behold forumers, i can even feel the ground shake...
Lookig up in the sky as two gods prepare to clash , giving me the feeling i got when i watched batman v/s superman :mrgreen: :D 8-)
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

LagitKiller wrote:I just resigned against daniel, I had no way of coming back, good luck to the championship game
i think we should redo the match.
the castle incident was a key point there.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:So battle 2016 will be COOLGUY THE DESIGMA(short for design manager) v/s DANIEL THE DEV
from the great empire of cool land pectorate, the noble and just ruler emperor james pitted against the greatest of the great, the valiant ruler of the complete world sans small lands under the forumers the greatest of the great , the godly king daniel
Behold forumers, i can even feel the ground shake...
Lookig up in the sky as two gods prepare to clash , giving me the feeling i got when i watched batman v/s superman :mrgreen: :D 8-)
This is beautiful. :lol:

Anyways, does LagitKiller agree to this rematch? I can easily change the brackets back.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:
LagitKiller wrote:I just resigned against daniel, I had no way of coming back, good luck to the championship game
i think we should redo the match.
This is the pinnacle of honour. Daniel's honour ranking goes to 10.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Daniel doesn't just have honor, all honor comes from Daniel. :lol:
LagitKiller

Post by LagitKiller »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:i think we should redo the match.
DoomCarrot wrote:Anyways, does LagitKiller agree to this rematch? I can easily change the brackets back.
Thanks Daniel for offering a rematch, this is quite honorable and I am humbled. The castle was a big deal, but its not like as if I was winning before it happened, and I'd rather let the championship game get underway, so I must decline the rematch offer for the tournament. However, I would like a rematch to see how I really stack up against you and to settle who the best strategist is (definitely me), especially since it actually looked like an even game at first, but it shouldn't count towards the tournament. If you accept this counteroffer, make a game to your liking (no fog though) and pm me the password.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

So be it, bracket update shall stay. Good luck if you two play again :)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

LagitKiller wrote:
Daniel (the dev) wrote:i think we should redo the match.
DoomCarrot wrote:Anyways, does LagitKiller agree to this rematch? I can easily change the brackets back.
Thanks Daniel for offering a rematch, this is quite honorable and I am humbled. The castle was a big deal, but its not like as if I was winning before it happened, and I'd rather let the championship game get underway, so I must decline the rematch offer for the tournament. However, I would like a rematch to see how I really stack up against you and to settle who the best strategist is (definitely me), especially since it actually looked like an even game at first, but it shouldn't count towards the tournament. If you accept this counteroffer, make a game to your liking (no fog though) and pm me the password.
Lagt killer's honour goes to 9.999999... :shock: :o sorry lagtkiller, you cannot have a honour equal to the dev... (see hidden rules) :mrgreen: ;)
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

COOLguy wrote:Let's see... I defeated First-Speaker in 36 turns. So I should be able to defeat DoomCarrot in 42? (longer because he has been playing longer than First-Speaker) :)
I guessed 2 off ;)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

HA! The DCPR gave you a better fight than you expected! You underestimated us! :)

Brackets are updated... Good luck COOLGuy vs Daniel!
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Daniel, please make my soldiers in green. That will represent the Kryptonite :)
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”