THE BEST MAPS OF AOS!!!!!

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
TheBluePhoenix

THE BEST MAPS OF AOS!!!!!

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I want to ask all veterans of aos who have played very many maps the best maps they think are in aos.
The maps should be highly strategic and interesting. Also you should mention the speciality of the map. Is it its story/setting/decoration/gameplay/terrain whatever that u liked so much making the map special
It may be from any section of aos-fan map, tutorial, campaign ,historical etc.
You may even suggest small modifications to improve them
i am basically wanting to create a help page to guide new comers and mapmakers to play and refer such maps.
It should be in a countdown mode, and the max limit is 10 maps per person
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Re: THE BEST MAPS OF AOS!!!!!

Post by COOLguy »

Well the Nyadhos Campaigns were all wonderful. :) ;)

Seriously Paths of the Dead - there is no map like it
Betrayal of King Maximus - just cause it was such a bear
One of the maps in Kirk's Revolution Campaign - bringing in the nostalgia
And one other that was really fun but I just can't think of it right now...
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I can remember a lot, but I have no idea what any of them were called...

The one with the taxmen in that wall-maze city was very tough but enjoyable. I think it was the second map in Nyhados Strategy (spelling)
One or two of the Rome maps were very nice
The entire Revolution campaign was great! Probably because those were the first campaigns I played...
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Hey ppl do not reply so vaguely..
Just the name, speciality , possible improvement thats all
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

DoomCarrot wrote: The entire Revolution campaign was great! Probably because those were the first campaigns I played...
Same! They are great. :)
Thanks!
Josh
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

I enjoyed many of the 'Paths Of Rome' maps, specifically:

'Unsuspected Problems' for building up to the battle at the end with swarms of birds. It creates a tense atmosphere.

'Return to Fight' because it adds to the storyline.

And 'Attempt of Heroes', as the triggers made the map very interesting.

I would suggest my campaign 'Kingdom Come' too , but I would definitely be biased, I did create it... :P
Who am I?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Well please specify single maps because i cannot suggest entire map campaigns to be played r beginners. Also , donot suggest huge campaigns beginning. The map should have a learning value or speciality . Donot suggest maps which are just fun to play. Cause all the maps in aos are fun to play, except some which are down right boring

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I also definitely liked the ambition maps "Security" and "The Count"
I thought it was cool how the maps played off of each other, and "The Count" actually was somewhat difficult to do in the time limit.

Unsespected problems was also a great map, I forced myself to play the map 3 times until I killed all the barbarians. A true Roman does not run :D

"How the Wolves Howl" from Age of Nyhados was also a great map. It took quite a bit of bottlenecking strategy, patience, caution, and even than it was a difficult map. It took me 3 tries to get 3 stars. I specifically remember trying to survive with a wounded rag-tag team of survivors being scared to turn the next corner for fear of another cavalry wave :)

I also liked "Invasion" of the Owangchuk campaign. It was a tricky and tedious map, but it was very rewarding to finally kill them all, even If I got 1 star :)

As I said, almost all of the ambition maps were great as well
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

Return to “Campaign map discussions”