Obj. Change sight trigger bug ANSWERED

Hardeep

Obj. Change sight trigger bug ANSWERED

Post by Hardeep »

I noticed that whenever i use the negative value for the change sight trigger, it will execute and change it, but at the beginning of each new turn, before the specific individual unit has been moved, the can see through their base sight value. When they move however, they adapt to the - value.
Example: swordsman (sight 4) gets a -1 value added. After trigger cond. Is met, the stats sheet (popup) will show 4-1 which equals 3. At the beginning of each new turn, before the swordsman has moved, he sees 4 tiles away. Upon movement, he can only see 3 tiles away (4-1=3 takes effect)
Could anyone else try it for conformation, just in case I'm accused of lying (or worse.....treason!) :)
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
Hardeep

Re: Obj. Change sight trigger

Post by Hardeep »

Blargh
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

confirmed. That's just how it works. :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Yup and thats for all types of stat changing trigger. They are applied after the 1st turn
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

no, i see that on forst turn of player 1 (you) all changes are applied.
only sight is buggy since
- the "visiblity" is applied to all units before this trigger (drawing the fog)
- so the unit has the sight change on first turn but the visibility is not refreshed on this change,
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

No when i used the speed and attack trigger in my christmas map , it affects the unit after 1st turn
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

I also remember that my units had the speed bonus after the first round when I was testing my Christmas maps
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

actually
- i can not reproduce any of these... everything (except sight) is working fine
- also i have checked hardeeps christmas map where all things are applied on first turn.
- i have checked bluephoenics' too but i see no any changes on first turn nor on next turns.

so i presume there were a wrong a trigger definition not having them executed on first turn.

or please give me example so i can see how make it "not-working".
thanks!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I will give you an example from my map itself.the templar(very first one) is triggered to have +1 speed. As you can see while playing that after converting the templar it moves 4 blocks starting from next turn, even though i have triggered the conversion and speed increase effect together for same condition(unit 1 besides unit 2

Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:actually
- i can not reproduce any of these... everything (except sight) is working fine
- also i have checked hardeeps christmas map where all things are applied on first turn.
- i have checked bluephoenics' too but i see no any changes on first turn nor on next turns.

so i presume there were a wrong a trigger definition not having them executed on first turn.

or please give me example so i can see how make it "not-working".
thanks!
Then I probably made the condition of the trigger wrong. :? Sorry. I am very bad at triggering.

Return to “Map Editor”