Ship Transportation Improvement - ANSWERED

SirDoucheBag

Ship Transportation Improvement - ANSWERED

Post by SirDoucheBag »

As a fan of Aos I love that the challenge the terrain presents especially where it concerns the naval engagements. Cause some terrain gets on my nerves. Back to point when I'm building Transport ships I see two. A single unit transport for so many turns I think 4. And a "Great Transport" for 3 units. Now that one I believe is 5 cause when presented with these choices I always go for the great transport and I just have to wait an additional turn. Now in my personal opinion I think the single unit transports are... Useless. They just take up time in my eyes. Now here is the Slight Improvent I would like to submit. The Only changes to these two units is that The Lowly Transport carries 3 units instead of a single unit. Gaining an addition turn to build. Where as the "Great Transport" increasing 2 turn build time, Is able to Carry 5 units. For example map "North and south" even though you could build bridges all the way from one end to the other to move units who wants to do that? (Time consuming and frustrating when destroyed) Its exciting building your forces, putting them on ships and pray to god they don't die before they hit land and Rush out onto the beaches of the enemy while being shot by arrows. Burned by flame turrets and shot down from above by tie fighters. Please. Consider the units perspective. They gotta be thinking F*** this guys. Were 3 people.
So please. Consider this sleight improvement. Now The Debate may arise that it May make a player too powerful but then again these improvements are meant for larger water based maps. If it's just a small stream or so a player may just make 2 or so for quick travel and I would use the regular transport due to the fact that the right 3 units can hold for a turn or so. But not when the transport has to keep going back and forth when it takes 2-3 turns just to travel the map.
Normal is an illusion.
SirDoucheBag

Re: Ship Transportation Improvement

Post by SirDoucheBag »

I hope this is in the right section I've been looking but this seemed most logical place.
Normal is an illusion.
Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

I think that small/large transportships don't need to be changed. These are my reasons:
1. They are faster than bigger transport ships so they can be used to land a strong unit quickly before the enemies can break your transport
2. In ocean maps (or maps where we need to cross water to get to other tcs/lands) we would need to quickly get as much TCs as possible at the beginning. I would only have little unit to spare (It is the beginning of the match!) so I would rather make a cheaper, faster single transport rather than a expensive (even if it is just 1 turn more expensive) large transport
3. If you make large transport 2 turns more expensive (making it 7turns to make) not much people would make it because it will be too time consuming like the elephants and the spartan hoplites.
4. Small transport carrying 3 units would be op. They are fast and it would make it harder for the enemies to kill it before it reaches their lands. A fast 4turn unit with 3 capacity would make it op in my opinion
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

I see your points.(slightly disappointed) But I'll test out the single transport I just play a bit aggressive in most strategic games and seeing it being able to only hold one unit made me overlook the speed factor and I didn't consider the high level units I was imagining huge ass invasion force XD. Thank you for hearing me out though.
Normal is an illusion.
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Use combination of waggons and transports - 3x more units can be transported :D
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Darkknight wrote:I think that small/large transportships don't need to be changed. These are my reasons:
1. They are faster than bigger transport ships so they can be used to land a strong unit quickly before the enemies can break your transport
2. In ocean maps (or maps where we need to cross water to get to other tcs/lands) we would need to quickly get as much TCs as possible at the beginning. I would only have little unit to spare (It is the beginning of the match!) so I would rather make a cheaper, faster single transport rather than a expensive (even if it is just 1 turn more expensive) large transport
3. If you make large transport 2 turns more expensive (making it 7turns to make) not much people would make it because it will be too time consuming like the elephants and the spartan hoplites.
4. Small transport carrying 3 units would be op. They are fast and it would make it harder for the enemies to kill it before it reaches their lands. A fast 4turn unit with 3 capacity would make it op in my opinion
HokanPL wrote:Use combination of waggons and transports - 3x more units can be transported :D
*insert silence* Everything that I was about to say was just said. :)
Thanks!
Josh
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

Oh no yeah those wagons and great transports work well together I just cringe having to build bridges. Its time consuming. And The thought of a naval invasion is just beautiful. I explained above 're read I don't have time to get passionate again.
Normal is an illusion.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I think that the transports are still balanced. Renaming this topic to reflect its ANSWERED state and moving it to the correct forum.
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Closed ones”