FAN Maps Sent to be implemented

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

FAN Maps Sent to be implemented

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I am receiving many maps that i dont have time to check, so it stands in my version of AOS waiting for me to be checked for weeks...
So i thought if any of you is interested in these new maps, you can also check them, and if u write here an opinion on the map i can easily remove or make the map public if that seems very good.
important: i do not ask anybody to do this, only mentioning these maps and if you are having intention checking them than that is cool, and i am thanking you!

Here are a few points i check about a submitted map:
- is it finely detailed in terrain, nice decorations (not over-decorated) the nice cliffs, woods, desert, water, animals and so on
- are the armies well built, not too much unit on start (more than 50 units in a player is surely a mistake)
- the used units are all fit to the "theme" the story requires
- not uses units that should not be used in other maps than it was designed for (eg. santa, uncle sam, cookie, fun towers like megabig bomb tower and so on...)
- playing the map is fun and well balanced
- if have triggers that is an extra bonus, we need many nice and nicely triggered maps - but the triggers should work fine.

If u check a map please post here a reply and valuate it in a scale of 1..10 that for all things separately, nice terrain/units/playability, of curse you can write a few words if u think could be important.
eg:

<Map name>
Terrain layer: 9
units layer: 6
playability: 8
triggering: 0
summary: very nice / good / average / not nice
Remarks: Lorem ipsum...

IF u see a very good, almost well made map and u see that with a minor fix it can be a publishable, and become a good map, you can open a new topic with your suggestions (topic name: "FAN MAP Suggestion: <map name>") and i can send the topic link to the map designer for modification - and in a good case he/she joins the forum and you can discuss the map.

Where can u see them?
- I placed them under the "tutorial" section, it will be listed after the last tutorial map,
- and i am adding new ones constantly without extra notification (every new version can bring these - depending the rate i receive them in email)
- It is available only for the forumers via the DEV version.
(you will find some of the maps that they can not be started and they will drop u back to the main menu (or into the maplist), they are corrupted maps, please notify me if any of them is such, i will remove them)

(up on server in 5 minutes)
COOLguy

Re: FAN Maps Sent to be implemented

Post by COOLguy »

I would love to help!

I will let you know as soon as I test any. :)
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok!
no hurry,
everyone: do it only just for fun, we have no time pressure here, i tried to not even "ask" You to do this i just tried to mention these maps for you, since these are only maps that any people design, most can be "not so useful".
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Okay just updated, the maps are there; but they all say "Error Loading Map - Please contact dev"

Idk what the stars are either. It shows I've played them, but I've never seen them before.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-10-19-18-37-43.png
Screenshot_2015-10-19-18-37-43.png (106.11 KiB) Viewed 12676 times
Thanks!
Josh
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

Am I imagining the horse on the top left? :shock: :lol:
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

ejm29 wrote:Am I imagining the horse on the top left? :shock: :lol:
lol Facebook message... :)
Thanks!
Josh
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

Ah ok! Im glad im not hallucinating :lol:
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Is that you on the horse??
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

:) No if you look close (the resolution is so bad) I think you can tell it is a female... holding a baby. :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Actually i cant even make out whether its a person on the horse or the horse on the person :oops: :lol:
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Does anyone else have this problem with the fan submitted maps stored in the tutorial section (in DEV version)?
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

fix is up on server in 10 minutes.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

many new maps in the current new version. (already up on server)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Okay, I tried out three of the maps. Please keep in mind when I review them, that I am just trying to give a balanced look at each. (so if you are the creator, I mean nothing against you) :)

"Zeus"
terrain - 0
units - 1
playability - 1
triggering - 0
summary - very poor
The map has the old style castles as well as TDS units. Most of the units are neutral. The terrain is nondescript. It seems like it was made by a very inexperienced map maker.
- I recommend not putting in this map.

"We the Heroes"
terrain - 3
units - 3
playability - 3
triggering - 0
summary - fair, could use a lot of work
It had a sort of storyline about the minions of Darkness (which are represented by Saracen units). There were some TDS units, Crusader units, and Kirk's Heroes. There were also some bugs in the mountain ranges. It has promise though. The map is a mountain pass with two branches to the south: you are the Heroes in the north fighting your way through the Hordes of Darkness. The map could be benefitted VERY much by a few triggers disabling enemies in the pass until you get near them / turn count.
- I suggest removing the TDS units and fixing the mountain bugs for sure. After that maybe adding a few decorations, and balancing the enemy count and star count plus the triggers and I would say that this map could be looked into for implementation.

"Two Bays"
terrain - 0
units - 3
playability - 0
triggering - 0
summary - unplayable; extremely poor
The terrain was boring. The coasts were not transitioned. Both players were human controlled and there were no units for player 1! Also old/wrong units were used - there were many things wrong.
-This map needs a major overhaul before even being considered.
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

From your reviews coolguy i dont think any of these
Maps are playable,though i will try them

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:From your reviews coolguy i dont think any of these
Maps are playable,though i will try them
That's right. Only the second one had any promise.

"Troy by Legioncommander"
terrain - 2
units - 0
playability - 4
summary - basic nondescript map; fairly decent
The terrain is boring but has no terrible faults. However there were several RPG heroes and Kirk's heroes (for instance there are 3 Paladins). It also contains the old castles. Playing the map was slightly boring. There were too many heroes instead of normal troops and the human has a walled in area with factories. The result was an easy win without trying.
-I think this map needs major polishing before being considered to be put in.

"Triggers"
Did not open

"The Pass"
Did not open
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks! Coolguy: i suggest writing nothing to a map that worth not much, simply say: "sum: not good" or something, please dont spend time to write details on any not nice map.

write only about nice and "nice with little corrections" maps.

thanks!

(i will remove all maps u sent me since u said they are not perfect)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ok i see these maps are removed already as they are not present in the latest dev version

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

actually not yet...
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Then why am i not finding them?

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:thanks! Coolguy: i suggest writing nothing to a map that worth not much, simply say: "sum: not good" or something, please dont spend time to write details on any not nice map.

write only about nice and "nice with little corrections" maps.

thanks!

(i will remove all maps u sent me since u said they are not perfect)
Okay, I will. Thanks!
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, bad ones removed, and came a new one.
on next update will be out on server.
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Siege
On tapping(in tutorial section ) it booted me back to campaign section without crash

Castle:same as above^^

Castle 2
0/0/0
Easy as heck

Castle 3
0/0/0
Literally unplayable (stuck on obsticle terrain)

Crusaider quest
0/0/0
Easy,slow,mindless

Frozen land
1/0/0
Super slow, no purpose

Defense
A fun Error Report that i will not bother daniel with

300 A Acensao Do Emperio
0/0/0
Stupid, boring, Stupid, double stupid

Cartagine
3/0/0
Terrain unwieldy but good attempt, stupid impossible,

Chava
0/0/0
Uncle sam triumphs against all odds

Gaul map
6/0/0
Insta loss

Clash of legions
3/0/0
Caused insta loss × infinity (not lying, cause my game to crash without error message

Puzzle
4/0/0
Impossible literally no way to get to enemy

Gonna stop for now.bye.
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

DANIEL if the ondevice map editor is on the public version, you MUST take it off! At the very least the ability to submit the map to you! If this continues there will be no army that can hold such a tsunami of steaming moldy horse manure back, you will be a husk of your former self, along with any other foolish enough to stand by your side through such a folly. If anyone has a legitimate interest and passion in making maps, they will come to the forums and ask how to submit his map. This is for the greater good Daniel, end this madness now, for later the repercussions may be to great. The only hope lies in lopping off the head off the cancerous snake.
WHOS WITH ME!?!?
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I agree. I think that the public map editor (as it is) will be the end of development happiness.

(Daniel) Maybe leave the map editor on, but turn the ability to send it to you off :)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Hey hardeep how on earth did you test the gaul map?? It is not even ready! There are only romans in it. No gauls. They are yet to be submitted

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

this is a good way to collect a ruleset how to restrict a map sending, on these expőeriences we can collect it and i can implement it:
eg.
a map can be sent only if:
- has at least 1% of decoration of all tiles on map.
- has more than one type of terrain (grass/water, desert/pmountains end so on)
- all players has at least 1 unit or structure.
- and so on...

this is not that big of flood, and i thought here might be players eager to meet new maps, i did not asked anybody on this matter only notified you that there are such maps, and if u interested you can check them.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

But i still didnt get it. How come hardeep checked the gaul map? It is not even complete! And i dont see half of the maps he rated in my fan map list

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ghoul: i think i copied there when u sent me the first version (i my self can only see a send map if i put it there)
dont care about thing said about the ghoul map here, ghoul map is not part of this check yet.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ok but then why am i not seeing it? Is it a problem or is it supposed to be like that?

Return to “Implemented/Closed”