Big Picture

Here is a little introduction about what basis we have here.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Big Picture

Post by Stratego (dev) »

HokanPL sent me his plans for this version, i posted it here and opened a complete new "AOS variant" section for his Red Alert idea.

Some conspects of buildings and infantry at the beginning:

==========================
ALLIES & SOVIETS BUILDINGS
==========================

- Construction Yard - something like TC, but you have only one and this is your first building in skirmish or multiplayer game. You can recruit there only Builders. With it you can construct 2 buildings without power plants. HINT! There cannot be more CY than players at the beginning (except neutral ones used by map designers, there shouldn't be like in AOS where you can tick Low-Medium-Many and the program places hundrets of them randomize on the map - only random start points, if possible)

- Basic Power Plant - you can build three buildings more with it. For example: You have 4 BPP, so you can build 4x3=12 buildings (except defensive walls and gates)

- Barracks - there you can recruit infantry units

- War Factory - there you can recruit tanks, cars etc.

- Harbour - there you can construct ships, uboots

- Technology Centre - there you can invent new technologies and with it you get access to most powerful units, structures and a superweapon

- Concrete Wall, Gate - I think I don't need to explain ;)

- Sandbags - it could only stop infantry, easy to destroy by tanks or artillery, but cheaper than walls

- Nuclear Silo - superweapon. Quite big building, it can attack one time per 12 turns every place on the map. It damages enemy units and buildings in a big area.

======================
ALLIES' BUILDINGS ONLY
======================

- Heilpad - place where you can construct helicopters. If possible - as much helicopters as built heilpads (for example - 4 heilpads, max amount of helicopters=4)

- Pill Box - small bunker for two infantry units, something like Guard Tower in AOS

- Anti-aircraft gun - it could fire to aircraft only, the strongest anti-aircraft structure in the game

- Cannon - powerful "tower", especially good against land vehicles

- Mine - it cannot be seen by enemy units like Assassin from AOS. When enemy is standing beside or on it, the mine exploses.

- Chronosphere - superweapon which could be used one time per 8 turn. It can teleport 4 units (enemy's too!) to every showed place on the battlefield. If you teleport the unit on stone, water (vehicles) or land (ships), they're destroyed. Infantry cannot be teleported. If you use chronosphere on infantry, you kill them. I know, it will be hard to code, but try, we don't have deadlines ;)

========================
SOVIETS'S BUILDINGS ONLY
========================

- Advanced Power Plant - a bit bigger and longer to construct, but you can build five buildings with it (example: 2 basic power plants + 1 advanced power plant = 2x3+5=11 buildings more)

- Airport - place where you can construct planes. If possible - as much planes as doubled amount of airports (for example - 3 airports, max amount of planes=3x2=6)

- Flame tower - efective against infantry and light vehicles (allies' cars or soviets' motorbikes)

- P-plot cannon - quite effective against planes and helicopters, but much weaker than Allies' Patriots

- Tesla Coil - very effective devensive tower attacking with electricity. Big damage, especially against infantry + slowing effect.

- Iron Curtain - superweapon which could be used one time per 8 turns. It makes 2 units undestroyable (maybe +1000 armour effect?) for three turns

==================
ALLIES' UNITS ONLY
==================

INFANTRY
--------

- Rifleman - basic combative unit. Stronger than Soviet Conscript

- Rocket Soldier - good against vehicles and aircrafts, not against riflemen

- Medic - healing allied infantry

- Field Mechanic - repairing vehicles on the battlefield

- Spy - cannot be seen by enemy (only attack dogs) he can switch off enemy's structure for four turns or restart production

===================
SOVIETS' UNITS ONLY
===================

INFANTRY
--------

- Conscript - something like Rifleman, cheaper but less hp

- Grenadier - good agains vehicles, buildings and infantry, but with 60% chance to hit (avaliable upgrade Area Damage like in AOS)

- Attack dog - small hp, but cheap, fast and perfect against enemies' spies

- Shock Trooper - good against light vehicles and infantry, every type of attacked unit is slower for 3 turns
TheBluePhoenix

Re: Big Picture

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Nice.would love to see some images for some units mentioned
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

In a few days I will show you original images and concept of vehicles, aircraft and ships. Maybe some stats.

Red Alert is now a free to legal download
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Sorry guys, is there any limit in building powerplants? What's the purpose of building an advanced powerplants if you also need more time to build one? Couldn't i just build more normal powerplants?
In the C&C games you also had resources; shall there be resources here to limit how many power plant we can build?
Age of Fantasy design leader
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Resources? Yes, but it's too hard to code yet. Maybe later?

Yes, you can build more basic power plants, but they need more place (many maps will be with stones, hills etc) and more buildings = bigger base harder to defend.

And buildings won't be as small as in AOS, 2x2, 2x3

HINT: I'm not talented micro-2D-artist, but maybe 32x32 of units' images will be too small for you. If yes, then Daniel could increase it to 48x48. Right, Daniel? :) But only if necessary.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that would require a different tileset. I worked eith a 32x32 tileset until now. We might more likely use a multiple (64x64) and have way bigger sprites
Age of Fantasy design leader
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Hello! Here's my menu's project, based on original menu of Red Alert for PC:

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

can we use these fonts and namings? ist it copyrighted?

also i suggest leaving the menu and other nice-sugars to the end when we have a playable and balanced version - only a suggestion.
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Ok.

Well, I don't know actually. But this game on PC is freeware, with all the elements. I will give an example with another game. C&C Renegade (FPS) is free now, and the modders can create standalone mods, with all copied necessary files from the original game. So I suppose (but no sure), it is legal.
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

In a few days I will update list of units and structures. I have played many multi matches and now I know more ;)
And... I think we can discuss about our own stats of units :)
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Red_ ... ed_Arsenal

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Red_ ... et_Arsenal

What do you think about size of units I've done? Should I make them one more time or infantry should stay like 32x32, buildings and vehicles 48x48?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i suggest using 64x64 by default.
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Because of THEM

the whole project has to be CLOSED.

THIS IS WAR!
Support my mod project, comment on moddb.com, track, send suggestions, make it more popular, search for people who could be interested in cooperation. Now I have only one goal: to make so epic mod that will be better than every single C&C game, developed by EA Games, and to make them sad they can't be so good.
They can't - because they don't want.

moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-mystery-of-arca
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Send the link- i will support you TO WAR!
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Logo is ready, not published.
1 in-game model is ready, not published screenshot from game engine, only 1 thing to repair in xml code
1 model almost ready, soon in game engine.
1 new mechanism in the game (limited ammunition for some stronger land units, now more tactic is important), soon in game engine.

These things above are enough to publish news this month. More information will be in Off-Topic.

link to mod profile one more time:

samuelch

Post by samuelch »

I think making it the same as C&C can cause copyright problem. I have a different idea. This comes from my tons of research. I am trying to make a dark version of WWII. There will be 4 superpowers existed (Third Reich, Soviet Union, US, Empire of Japan).
Role:
In 1933, Adolf Hitler is assassinated by mysterious time traveler. Another man replace him as the new Fuhrer. He is more ruthless and an occultist. Soon the Third Reich can combine dark magic and occultism with technology. The Third Reich created UFO, the first assault rifle, super tank, mutant human, zombie army, and many more. In 1935 the Third Reich quickly steamrolled France and Poland. Great Britain also falls in 1938.
Meanwhile Japan has created many chemical weapons that can cause epidemic and tons of death. The US also do the same. Soon war erupt and millions of people died in Asia. The Soviet Union is busy spreading communism around the world and help neighboring country to promote communism. The Russian cold climate protects Soviet Union from the chemical warfare. Secretly the Soviet Union create something very dangerous that can eliminate all it's enemy.
Characteristic:
Third Reich: Strong diverse army from Humans, mutants, even zombies.
Japan: Master of chemical warfare, navy, and robotics.
US: The second best at chemical warfare and secretly developing nuclear weapons.
Soviet Union: Struggling to create the perfect human. Tons of allies and manpower.
Most of the maps in this game is a very destroyed world (wasteland, deadzone, radiation).
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Sounds... Good,but will need a lot of work and Its first Age of game with own "lore",how will you introduce players with it? By message appering when open game first time? Throught campaing? Also,its like mix of AoU and AoWw a bit.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

That sounds like a good idea. Hokan? It's still your project. Samuel may have just handed you a way to resurrect it by using a whole new starting point. I've actually liked the power plant requirement to build factories you want here, and would like to see it play out. It would make a game more about building up your base to have a stronger army, rather than controlling more territory.
The glorious sun rises again
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:It would make a game more about building up your base to have a stronger army, rather than controlling more territory.
Most of the maps from my lore are destroyed cities and wastelands everywhere. Some even corrupted by the "Reich Cultum SS" use of dark magic. So most surviving towns aren't developed because of destruction. So the idea of building base fits well with the lore.
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

If you want to do something like this - why not. But this is kind of combination of elements from AoWW, AoF and AoU. Not sure if any chance for success. Still hundrets of things to do with the rest of AoS variants.
Czarniecki

Post by Czarniecki »

Please write more clearly
Im FRIEND of: Puss In Boots, The Pendulum, Ayush Tiwari Alxander82
Shermanunulk

Big Picture

Post by Shermanunulk »

the big picture I see is a very different one, where a new civilization and a new species are emeging to allow the co-creation of Heaven on Earth, and "we are there"

Namaste
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Guys, when i opened forum, and go to Age of discovery, some upper i found this game topic, so guys if you need some help with coding, or Russian language you can get help from me...
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

This project is kinda dead...
Because copyrights, the dude who was in charge at beginning is gone etc.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Midonik wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:29 am This project is kinda dead...
Because copyrights, the dude who was in charge at beginning is gone etc.
Ok, that means Age of alerts don't come, but Age og discovery has a little chance so if you know how to mod go here viewtopic.php?f=233&t=7900#p99149 and Up its chances.
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Amm if this game is pretty dead, why you dont delete whole
Age of alerts topic
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

I don't know if we can do that
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

Shermanunulk wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:45 pm the big picture I see is a very different one, where a new civilization and a new species are emeging to allow the co-creation of Heaven on Earth, and "we are there"

Namaste
Please tell me more, I am interested!
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton

Return to “Introduction (AOA design leader: HokanPL)”