Metal wings

Sombrar +1

Metal wings

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Idea that I had posted on discord, this technology will add +10% dodge for aerial units being researched in the aerial structure of the insectoids for 6 turns that will affect units such as Mecha bug, Wasp Fighter and Hornet Bomber.
tech_metal_wings.png
tech_metal_wings.png (1.6 KiB) Viewed 173 times
Technology description : Adhering to characteristics of their wings and physiognomy, insectoids seek ways to increase the agility of their aircraft able to dodge air attacks from their enemies in mid-flight, implementing the aerodynamics and flying techniques they have in their aircraft, such as the addition of metallic wings with characteristics of their insect wings.
Midonik

Re: Metal wings

Post by Midonik »

I dont want the insectoid aircrafts using wings for flying, there is no way they could keep up with jet engines.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

The idea was something that the Insectoids would implement in some of the more Insectoid aircraft they have that would provide more displacement capacity and smoother and faster aerial maneuvering abilities,allowing them to dodge aerial attacks and attacks as well as AA artillery in mid-air.

Something like mini rockets but only with small metallic wings.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Im not sure I understand the explantion but if its not about using wings as drive force for aircrafts then it's fine. Arial combat is really lack luster and part of the reason why is cause there is very little techs that affect it (and they are mostly reptilian conicedentely).
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I don't like dodge, it's an annoying mechanic to deal with. I think it should just give armor to already winged insectoid units (except beezleflies they make up for it in numbers and 2 death stages)
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:59 pm I don't like dodge, it's an annoying mechanic to deal with. I think it should just give armor to already winged insectoid units (except beezleflies they make up for it in numbers and 2 death stages)
+1 from me.
dodge should not ever exists in game... if was just an accident because of aof.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

If the percentage chance of dodges was reduced to single digits I think it would be more bearable
OLÉ
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

That's fine with me, it's up to you what you think is best between dodge and armor.

But if it were to give armor, would it be +1 piercing armor? Maybe divided into 2 levels?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Why piercing? Aircrafts sometimes take both energy and physical damage so they do want both.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Ah, it was my mistake, confusing laser armor with piercing armor :lol:

But then if it were to give more armor, would both armors give +1/1? Then maybe change the name of the technology because I don't know if metallic wings would match biological units.

Return to “Insectoids”