Fungal control

Sombrar +1

Fungal control

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Idea I posted on Discord, technology to increase the conversion rate of the myconid Death cap's "Parasite" ability, the first image is level 1 giving +5% conversion and the second image is level 2 giving +10% conversion rate.I considered that it is viable precisely because it is a fungus that is taking control of the brain and not a psionic attack, as well as the Death cap's conversion ability only works on units of flesh and bone then it is already more limited.

Description of the level 1 technology called “Fungal Control”:Among variable experiments, fungi were developed that were more resilient to medications and simpler removal methods, making any means of removing the fungus from the victim's body very difficult usually requiring stronger medications for more effective treatment.
tech_fungal_control .png
tech_fungal_control .png (2.9 KiB) Viewed 182 times
Description of level 2 technology named "Fungal Proliferation":Now the fungus is able to spread faster throughout the victim's body, knowing how to quickly locate important areas of the body to begin to establish itself and take over, and when If it reaches the brain, it develops more resistant roots more quickly, giving less time for any attempt to remove the fungus from the body.
tech_fungal_proliferation .png
tech_fungal_proliferation .png (3.19 KiB) Viewed 182 times
Midonik

Re: Fungal control

Post by Midonik »

I wonder if that's not too much chance, conversion is very powerful. There will be way to convert vehicles later too I think.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

It could make the level 1 technology image only block technologies involving conversion of myconid fungi.Then the image of level 2 technology would give an increase of +10% in conversion.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Probably making the second one only give 5% instead would feel better for the player. Hmm we'll see how myconid conversion performs. If we add more ways for other races to resist conversion then there would be no problem to add more conversion chance, that may happen in the future.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Well, when the conversion of mechanical units for the myconids would possibly be added, perhaps we would actually add some technologies to improve this, since their conversion will be divided between affecting flesh and blood units and another for mechanics, so it would be more delimited.

Return to “Myconids”