Another List of Issues And Suggestion (Also Some Words on France)

Muh80

Another List of Issues And Suggestion (Also Some Words on France)

Post by Muh80 »

Its been a while since that first list I made. There has been alot of updates and changes including ones that fix some issues in the first one. I have another list of random balance suggestions(thats alot shorter).

1.) The M51 Super Sherman should probably have 5 cost as at 4 cost it makes M50 S.S. and M4A4 FL-10(and most other tanks in early DEFCONs for western block) obsolete. M51 has good damage, generaly durable and most importantly 2 range. Increasing the range from 1 to 2 is also makes durability a bit less of an issue for units any way as you can mostly avoid counter attacks.

2.)Chinese need some anti-ship cruise missiles(such as YJ-18,YJ-21). Even their modern ships lack any missiles. Torpedoes deal fine damage but are short ranged and cant really compete with anti-ship missiles.

3.)UK's early jets (javelin,lightning,...) should get some of the early AA missiles they would have used such as de Haviland Firestreak and Red Top. They are both short ranged compared to AIM-9 (Firestreak 6.4 km, Red Top 12 km) but it would fix the issue of them being mostly less efficent than Hawker Hunter. It has less cost, has bombs ,needs no research and has AIM-9s. Javelin also needs no research but its slower and cost 5 turns.

Thats about it for general stuff. But I want to talk France for a bit.
France's early units are mostly balanced. But closer we get to the late game more that changes. Now ground and naval are mostly fine, its air units thats presents some problems.
French air units generaly have more and (usually) better weapons than even their contemporary units. The biggest offender being the Dassault Rafale(Western Bloc also has it). Possesing 2 great AA missiles that not only out ranges most others but has about the same cooldowns,both bombing(a rather weak one tho) and LGB, a (small)long-range nuclear missile and the Scalp EG. All of these have short cooldowns and hit hard.
All of this and a good fast jet for 5 cost!
I think diffierent configurations could solve this issue quite easily. For example the Age of World Wars has both bomber and fighter versions of planes such as the P47,ME262 and H. Hurricane and they work rather well to balance it.

This overly long (and somewhat rant like) post has ended but I have one last note.
I dont think this game needs to be 100% balanced. In fact a little inbalance can make a game more fun but stuff I put here is mostly so that some nations dont steamroll while some play like a slog even against AI.

Return to “Issues”