New unit primitive Champion

Warriormaster

New unit primitive Champion

Post by Warriormaster »

I suggest that the Indian champion unit be created, I think it should have a great mace, it should be an effective unit against heavily armed units. It would be like an elite macer, that is, heavy, it should cost 7 gems, with the following characteristics cost 7 turns hp30 attack power 15 rank 1 melee defense 7 ranged defense 6 speed 3 vision 4 action/ turn 1/1 Heal aff. 300% Mental resistance 150% Size 1x1 Builders: Primitive Veterans Hut categories Melee, Flesh and blood, Foot, Heavy Infantry, Unarmored, Heavy Clothed, Big Shield Bearer, Anti-Heavy Infantry, Support Leader, Primitive, No upgrade
b2198

Re: New unit primitive Champion

Post by b2198 »

The primitives already have a leader, Tlatoani, and this unit by itself would be potentially a lot stronger than even a fully buffed spartan hoplite (for +1 turn cost, of course, but I still think it's too much), given its interaction with the other techs and buffs from the primitives, and that's without even speaking about leader auras.

They also already have a heavy infantry, Jaguar Warrior, and an anti-heavy infantry, Primitive Maceman, so I'm not sure adding a unit that does both at once better than those 2 would be a good idea, since it might make them obsolete. (They're also supposed to be weak against heavy infantry, so that's why Primitive Maceman is a kinda subpar unit, or at least I think so)
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Warriormaster

Post by Warriormaster »

You could create another version of the primitive mace man, with fewer features but stronger than the comon macero
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Warriormaster wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:12 am You could create another version of the primitive mace man, with fewer features but stronger than the comon macero
The problem here is: Why?

If we took that and made a "new anti heavy primitive" then whats the use of the original primitive maceman?

"Fewer features but stronger than the common maceman"

What does that imply if they are primitive?? Maceman only have so little features. Move, attack. Thats it. How does fewer features but stronger make a difference? Primitive maceman DO NOT have any features except being good against heavy units. If we remove that for your new maceman but stronger stats then we'll just have a jaguar warrior. Good stats unit.

If you were to give an idea for a unit. Talk more about why it is needed and the accuracy of it in history. I dont know what are you suggesting. A new unit that would improve gameplay or an copy of a different unit with better stats and have different name and sprite so you can roleplay with your new unit ingame.

Lets slow down again

Start from the start if u will, why would we need this unit? Dont get me wrong. Variety and Adding all regions and factions are important but we cant just have copy paste stats. General purpose units are good but someone named "indian champion" should represent and encourage a new faction and playstyle into the game

Ty
Signing off
-pat
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

the name "chosen primitive" would be more accurate involving more of them being chosen by the gods of their culture to fight evil and the rest you know, or even chosen Aztec or Maori or Aztec champion sounds better in my opinion, besides taking advantage does anyone know a good program for pixel art? I've been looking but I haven't found any that were, if someone comes up to me I would be very grateful.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”