Veteran stacks with helmsmasher and uruk berserker

Put here any issue you find, please avoid repetitions, so check if your issue is already there.
Lordofshampoo

Veteran stacks with helmsmasher and uruk berserker

Post by Lordofshampoo »

I understand that from a coding point, when units get upgraded, they must transform into a fresh new unit, but then they lose all veteran stacks they gathered before. For this reason, helmsmasher and uruk berserker aren't worth buying before all orc/warrior upgrades. Since helmsmasher is weak pick late game because he could get killed very easily, I wonder if you could somehow make it so that the stacks stays with unit upgrade, it would allow players to start stacking early. I guess you already knew of this, and maybe it's too hard to implement, but I figured it's worth a try.
Thanks 🙏
makazuwr32

Re: Veteran stacks with helmsmasher and uruk berserker

Post by makazuwr32 »

Lordofshampoo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:22 pm I understand that from a coding point, when units get upgraded, they must transform into a fresh new unit, but then they lose all veteran stacks they gathered before. For this reason, helmsmasher and uruk berserker aren't worth buying before all orc/warrior upgrades. Since helmsmasher is weak pick late game because he could get killed very easily, I wonder if you could somehow make it so that the stacks stays with unit upgrade, it would allow players to start stacking early. I guess you already knew of this, and maybe it's too hard to implement, but I figured it's worth a try.
Thanks 🙏
Requires engine changes from stratego.

I have idea how to change this but giving hundreds and hundreds of separate effects to unit via complete massacre — by giving on kill effects for bonus max hp, bonus attack and so on with 999 turns length — will not improve experience.
Also another problem with this method is that in this case all accumulated experience can be just dispelled.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Lordofshampoo

Post by Lordofshampoo »

I guess we'll wait for Stratego answer then. My intent is simply to get orc veteran as worth having than lizard and mork veterans, I have yet to see a veteran unit solo armies but poison and magic still counter their Armor stacks so there's that
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

that is not so good atm.
we can not "reproduce" the veteranity...

we can remove level up of that unit - so that is a standalone.
or we can give him the veteran effect only on last level?

it is not easy to code, actually i have no idea how that would be good...
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:21 am that is not so good atm.
we can not "reproduce" the veteranity...

we can remove level up of that unit - so that is a standalone.
or we can give him the veteran effect only on last level?

it is not easy to code, actually i have no idea how that would be good...
I will think about this.
But for sure apart from veteraning both those units need another unique feature. Uruk berserker has more actions and jump which is enough.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Reporting Issues”