Reform: Smg anti tank grenade

TntAttack

Re: Reform: Smg anti tank grenade

Post by TntAttack »

DreJaDe wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:30 pm
I think you're misunderstanding or it's me. I didn't say that infantry is for breakthrough but they are the one who exploits it.

Totally different.
I kinda understand what you are saying, after all I more of a naval map player.

This discussion for me started with the intent to bluff infantry (anti tank infantry) but digressed into bluffing tanks.

Finally, as SS-Jericho mentioned, SMGs anti tank abilities are very situational and occur at close range. Perhaps an appropriate compromise/balance is to enable tanks to counterattack when attacked with the SMG's anti tank ability.

Maybe we can also give anti tank infantrys (excluding SMGs) a 1.5 counter-attack bonus but no first strike as that is broken.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

DreJaDe wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:24 am Anti tank grenade changes to SMG
All uses action when used

British, US and french SMG
Hawkins Grenade
Unlock in 2nd industry
3 CD
10 damage
+%100 bonus against all tanks
Stuns tank by 1 turn

No. 73 grenade
3 CD
15 damage
Can be used on Buildings and tanks
+%50 bonus against all tanks
+%100 bonus against buildings.

German SMG
M24 bundle
4CD
20 damage
can be used against tanks and infantry
+%50 against tanks
+%50 against infantry

Russian SMG
Molotov cocktail
5 damage
No bonus
Applies burning effect to tanks, light vehicles, and none combat vehicles which lasts 5 turns and ignore armor.
Damage is 5 per turn

Instant rpg 40 at
3 CD
12 damage
Can target only tanks
+%100 damage to tanks

Japanese SMG
Type 99 mine
3 CD
12 damage
Can target only tanks
+%100 damage to tanks

Stacked type 99 SMG
6 CD
12 damage
Can target only tanks
+%200 damage to tanks

Italian smg
Type L grenade
3 CD
15 damage
Stuns tank for 1 turn
[/we can leave most things as they are or try them out

I would change the German M24 bundle grenade which wasn't as effective as it should be

here I suggest the damage of 13 and since they were only compound hand grenades a CD of 3

the japanese type 99 SMG shouldn't have such a high cd 5 is better from my point of view

question who gets the grenade 73 for which grenade? or do you want to give the british us and the french three grenade options?

the molotov effect is too long for me, i really only want to have it on three rounds

question is whether engineers can fix the effect through rep
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:48 pm here I suggest the damage of 13 and since they were only compound hand grenades a CD of 3
Are you sure with 13 damage? Not even amounting to 20 damage?
Jasondunkel wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:48 pm the japanese type 99 SMG shouldn't have such a high cd 5 is better from my point of view
Im good with that though I would suggest for them to have it with the CD before being able to use it. Like not being able to submerge instantly when submarine is trained.
Jasondunkel wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:48 pm the molotov effect is too long for me, i really only want to have it on three rounds
All the stun and fire is fixable easily by rifleman and engineer further increasing the value of rifleman on the front. I think 5 is just fair but I'm okay with 4 since it's easily removable.
Jasondunkel wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:48 pm question who gets the grenade 73 for which grenade? or do you want to give the british us and the french three grenade options?
If possible yes. Cause with this suggestion. They won't have any anti tank grenade at first tech and this three have the weakest anti tank in the first 2 tiers.

Return to “Balancing discussions”