Humber Armoured Car Mk. I should be a 2 turn unit

DreJaDe

Humber Armoured Car Mk. I should be a 2 turn unit

Post by DreJaDe »

Compared to the German SdKfz 222, Humber are more produced. Compared them by time of production the. Humbert is really more produced for a short amount of time.

German one also has a higher stats.

I think it's only fair.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Humber Armoured Car Mk. I should be a 2 turn unit

Post by Stratego (dev) »

IMHO: This production thing should not be checked on every single unit in game,
only the "big", "remarkable" ones that we want to "show".

i mean
a) an "armored car" is not an "important" vehicle,
b) also its production is some kind of "new age" production? like some revoltionary kind ?
-> so we should not check ALL units if they were more produced or not than others
only the remarkable ones.

what do u think?

but naturally if for balance reasons it is needed we can change cost, i just mean it not necessaroly because the (maybe not remarkable) production
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:52 am only the "big", "remarkable" ones that we want to "show
I guess this is a new thing again... Cause the old post only said " necessarily" meaning that it's not absolute.

I mean, Jason did justify so many weapons with just "mass production" like the Arado one.

The B is definitely nitpicking and I don't like it ngl.

But if this is the case then my suggestions were right about Gato, Fletcher, landing ship and the liberty ships being more cheaper because they are a really remarkable weapon in their mass production which satisfies the old A and B. I mean, they literally filled the ocean with this ships, it's a remarkable feat in ww2.

Liberty ships also satisfies this new B

Most of this also became the symbol for American economic supremacy in ww2.

On the case of this Humber car though.. Why would they got mass produced if they weren't remarkable or important? Obviously, they were needed. This also though satisfies the old one that you said.... This is really hard... There's new justification every time. And I am getting confused.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

this is a just forming idea about mass productions (as i wrote it on the "rules" setion too)
so i asked everyones optionion about it.

what is "B" ?
what is "old A and B"?
"Why would they got mass produced if they weren't remarkable or important?"
idk, but definitely not important for the game things can be mass produced but we still not have to "show" it if we think not important to.
so what is mean dont "have to" show all such cases, only the ones are important: eg. if that unit type was important role on winning a battle or forcing the enemy to make countermeasure.

"And I am getting confused."
sorry,
but this is how we can form the "approaches",
as we dont know all cases to pre-think all cases to make a final rule at once.
as now i never expected that we will check tru all (eg. not so important) units about their productions,
that is why i suggested to check and show only the remarkable ones,
and again: i asked everyones opinion about it so this is also not a final approach!
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:47 am so what is mean dont "have to" show all such cases, only the ones are important: eg. if that unit type was important role on winning a battle or forcing the enemy to make countermeasure.
So type 21 is out then? Based on this logic, it should be 3 turn again... All this sentence doesn't fit type 21 at all cause this ship didn't do anything at all in the war.

This sentence though further supports my suggestion about the ships.... Literally all of what units I suggested were important in winning the war and not just battles.

And I remember last time that you used my reason now for Type 21. I don't know anymore
Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:47 am what is "B" ?
This

"b) also its production is some kind of "new age" production? like some revoltionary kind?"
Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:47 am what is "old A and B"?
The one you posted a while back about mass production.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

All this sentence doesn't fit type 21
type 21 is a revolutionary production (modular assembly) - that is the additional reason (besides the mass production itself).
not "this" sentence (about big role in war) fit to it but the other sentence (about having revolutionary productions technique).
This sentence though further supports my suggestion about the ships.... Literally all of what units I suggested were important in winning the war and not just battles.
if so than ok to suggest those - so this humber too was stated somewhere as a war winning thing?
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:29 am type 21 is a revolutionary production (modular assembly) - that is the additional reason (besides the mass production itself).
not "this" sentence (about big role in war) fit to it but the other sentence (about having revolutionary productions technique).
So confusing...
Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:29 am if so than ok to suggest those - so this humber too was stated somewhere as a war winning thing?
Already did.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I could not find link to source, please resend

Return to “Balancing discussions”