Sacrificial altar

MrLich

Sacrificial altar

Post by MrLich »

The idea is a ud special building, one per player, that sacrifices units, and turns their cooldowns into production, either will be a barracks that get cooldown only by sacrificing units, not over time, turn adjacent alive units into stronger ud units, or work like mines, boosting production of 1 adjacent building, or few
MrLich

Re: Sacrificial altar

Post by MrLich »

Or alternatively speeds production by the same amount each time, but you need to sacrifice any unit each time you use it
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Not sure actually that it is required since when scourge will get wights soul collectors will become quite handy to speed up production.
That along with reduced cd and presented on different units/buildings as well will make it more usable.

In general i am against multiple different ways to speed up production for non-dwarven races.
At most i can only allow multiple ways to obtain their own couriers.

Or otherwise we must give even better-than-dwarven-gold-mine-like building to elves as well.

Humans for example do not have ANY means to obtain money couriers apart from directly training them in tcs and thus wasting 2 turns to speed up production for 1 turn (ofc it will benefit if used right but still).

By the way. Orcs also will get later nerf to their couriers — ability to loot corpse and summon a courier will be moved to separate goblin unit trainable only in goblin factory (and that orc dock for merblin variant). Goblin and merblin couriers also will not be trainable anymore.

In general do not count dwarves as normal race with proper speed of training units. If needed they will get nerfs to gold mine — for example increase to cd of aoe speed up abilities.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

I guess having special buildings that do diffirent things other than Just production makes more sense, like a building that grows ents from a sapling over time, or barracks that train 1 or more units you dont get any where else

Return to “Undead”