Undeads: Bow (Unlock Bowman)

dust-n-steel

Undeads: Bow (Unlock Bowman)

Post by dust-n-steel »

Unlocks the Undead's Bowman

What color is your flag when it's burning?!
patroid

Re: Undeads: Bow (Unlock Bowman)

Post by patroid »

Nice upgrade idea, but should be a expensive and
Late coming upgrade (maybe last in the row)

Patroid
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i am not sure skeletons should be that smart/dexter, i thought they are dumb as the zombies are, but i will think of it!
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

From a fantasy POV, all the undead creatures (except the werewolf) are reanimated corpses of former warriors, sorcerers, wizards and the like...right? Wouldn't a reanimated army have had archers when they were alive? And swordsmen...pikemen...etc.,...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
balint

Post by balint »

yeah, but they would be zombies then.
skeleton->there is no flesh on it
zombie-> if the corpse is reanimated.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

balint wrote:yeah, but they would be zombies then.
skeleton->there is no flesh on it
zombie-> if the corpse is reanimated.
Right, i understand that, but what I'm saying is that the undead army should have equivalents of at least most of the human infantry units...maybe not the zombies, but skeleton versions...ever seen The Mummy with Brendan Frasier and Rachel Weisz? ;-)
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

To bump this topic back up, the undead are sharply lacking in the ranged department. It isn't as glaring of a flaw as the orcs' lack of ranged attack because they have liches that can convert and mummies that can curse, but it is a very typical fantasy stereotype to give an undead race skeleton archers as a mainstay ranged unit. As far as the mindless argument, skeletons are assuredly without a brain to think with. They can be more compared with a machine that does whatever it is magically programmed to do, which could include a simple task of pulling a string with an arrow back and releasing it. I'm not sure these would benefit from the skeletal power upgrade, and I could see a small power and range reduction as compared to a human archer, but it would add more ability to an undead force to deal with such things as dragons, with their spell resistance being 100% to render undead mages ineffective at normal tactics to stop flying units. The undead dragon costs gems to get, so a new player may not have it readily available to use against other dragons, making an alternative necessary to deal with opposing dragons.
The glorious sun rises again
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I think undead bowmen are a great idea, these undead warriors (in my opinion) would have no problem using a bow ;)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

ejm29 wrote:I think undead bowmen are a great idea, these undead warriors (in my opinion) would have no problem using a bow ;)
I concur...
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I agree with sunrise samurai
Skeletal archer is mostly a clichè and i don't think we should think too much about that... after all is fantasy :D
Age of Fantasy design leader
lordtalamar

Post by lordtalamar »

Same stats as basic bowman but 3 turn build and pierce armor as undead have?
MasterOfStrategy244

Post by MasterOfStrategy244 »

I have good idea. There should be different corpse types. They should be swordsman corpse that is like current corpse, pikeman corpse that is left by anti cavalry units, archer corpse that is left by archers, skirmisher corpse left by skirmishers and axethrower corpse left by axethrower. When corpses are reanimated they will be undead versions of killed units.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

There are two corpses at present( apart from dragon one) which are for infantry and cavalry. Any further differentiation will make it difficult to code and implement
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Any further differentiation will make it difficult to code and implement
no, actually it is piece of cake to implement (only configuration of JSON).
so if we do not interfere with the "races" section directions (eg. undead has no ranged unit) than it is easy to implement (if 1:we have the corpse image AND 2:also already have the reanimated unit already in the game).
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

The pts you wrote in the brackets (image and reanimation ) are the reasons i wrote the same
As it takes a lot of time to decide on a single image
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

mister x

Skeleton archer

Post by mister x »

Undead dont have any ranged units so I think It is good idea. It will be slow but quite strong unit with 7 damage no armor and pierce armor of cource. Skeleton archers will have about 6 range too.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Skeleton archer

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i believe it is a duplicate topic, please find the other so i can merge them. thanks.
Alexander82

Re: Skeleton archer

Post by Alexander82 »

Age of Fantasy design leader
Plaguebearer

Post by Plaguebearer »

The Banshee with her scream is almost like a ranged unit. That's what I've been using to compensate for lack of an archer unit. But I agree there should be (no more than two different ones) an archer unit. I love the aspect of skeletal archers. But if you don't want a cliche, what about something like a stitched-together flesh construct that spits acid(stomach fluids, bile, etc.)?

I'd love to see both implemented. The weak skelly archer costing only 2 or 3 turns, and the stronger ranged construct costing 5-7 turns.
Plaguebearer

Post by Plaguebearer »

The Banshee with her scream ability is like a ranged unit. That's what I've been using to compensate for the Undead's lack of ranged units. I believe that undead should have ranged units, but very few of them. Maybe two max. But have TONS of magic (which is what it seems like Daniel is trying to do). Just like the Warhammer world's "Vampire Counts" army.

I love the aspect of skeletal archers, but if you don't want the cliche, what about a stitched-together flesh construct that spits acid(stomach fluids, bile, etc.)?

I'd love to see both implemented! The weak skelly archer costing 2-3 turns, and the stronger construct costing 5-7 turns.

Return to “Archived - Undead Technologies and Spells”