Grave Missions Campaign Feedback

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Badnorth

Grave Missions Campaign Feedback

Post by Badnorth »

Here we will post feedback regarding the new campaign Grave Missions
It is currently in Dev Version.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
tamtam12345

Re: Grave Missions Campaign Feedback

Post by tamtam12345 »

Played whole campaign once.
Map is comfortable. Very nice. :)
Will look at triggers later.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

tamtam12345 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:33 pm Played whole campaign once.
Map is comfortable. Very nice. :)
Will look at triggers later.
Thanks, coming from you, that's very relieving.
Once my Marauder units get in this campaign will have more maps so stay tuned :)
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Triggers in 1~4 maps seems fine.
Need to try once again in last map because king still disabled after I use assassin to destroy high castle. Maybe my tablet problem? Will try again later. :)
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Whaat? King's still disabled?

He should've been enabled when the castle got destroyed.
I'll test it later.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Last Map has not working triggers. Idk how did that happen.

I'll update it.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Alright, I've fixed it. I sent Stratego the modified map. It should now be okay in the next update of dev version.

I also added a couple of new things. :)
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Badnorth wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:02 am Alright, I've fixed it. I sent Stratego the modified map. It should now be okay in the next update of dev version.

I also added a couple of new things. :)
Currently have other things to do, will check them again later. :D
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Did u guys really play the same grave missions campaign?
Map 1 is too difficult, too many enemies, too high production,
i tried to defend but ended up getting squashed by newly produced enemy elephant beside rains of arrows, even fire archers destroying any building i make
I tried to play aggresive but their perfectly balanced combo of archers and swordsmen kill all my support units then my hero
I tried persuasion but their army of archers kill all my healers
Is there any way left?
I understand i m supposed to let 2 enemies fight each other out but its actually not that useful as they end up perfectly alright and still continue to make more factories and towers, which end up giving more pressure to me
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

godOfKings wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:03 pm Did u guys really play the same grave missions campaign?
Map 1 is too difficult, too many enemies, too high production,
i tried to defend but ended up getting squashed by newly produced enemy elephant beside rains of arrows, even fire archers destroying any building i make
I tried to play aggresive but their perfectly balanced combo of archers and swordsmen kill all my support units then my hero
I tried persuasion but their army of archers kill all my healers
Is there any way left?
I understand i m supposed to let 2 enemies fight each other out but its actually not that useful as they end up perfectly alright and still continue to make more factories and towers, which end up giving more pressure to me
I don't think it is too difficult(Challenging but not unwinnable)...Win first map in 3rd try(Once I realised I only need to capture bottom left town to win that map...) I use persuasion method to win(if u invent conversion tech)...
I finished the whole campaign once,some maps twice. Will take a video to show how to win.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

In the first map, i've just started to produce Healers, a Ballista and workers to build factories and mend ballista.

I've completed that map 3 times. First, ballista and a couple of defender units should fend off the Outpost Waves. If the Ai Produces Elephants just use conversion to deal with it. Second, put the Hero and Monks or any healer to the Raider Towns. In a few turns they will reduce the attack waves to you since they will be busy defending against the Outpost Allied Towns at the Right. Once you've gained control of the right side. Move your hero and some of the units you produced to the Outpost. Suggested units to use are: Ballista, Healers, Spartan Hoplite. Hospitaller Crossbows, Monks and Shielders.

Spartan Hoplite, Ballista and a healer can easily defend against the outpost. Just send your hero and a bunch of units to the Raider towns and gain control over it. Then move the units to the Outpost to attack. Occupy Outpost Town center to win.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I didn't post that campaign at Moderate Difficulty for nothing.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Good idea (meanwhile i used only healer spams to capture any blue units they send, and in the end converted the enemy spartan hoplite, or captain, used him to destroy enemy factories then captured outpost to win :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-))

I used healer to capture light blue archers and keep light blue busy fighting their own archers

I think i needed less than 20 turns, may b 18 turns? Anyways ur main mistake is that u didnt specify that i just need to capture outpost tc in objectives, wen i checked objectives it said destroy all enemies.

Wat u need to do is in the trigger for declare victory, long-click the trigger (the left side, not the effects or conditions in the right side) then a new menu will appear where u can rename the trigger, set whether its loop or not, whether its objective or not, and if its objective then a section to describe it to the player,

Basically in the beginning i focused hero to the towns in the right side and got spammed by outpost units, now i focused hero on the bottom and managed to win successfully (i also captured a foot knight and wat not :lol:)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Well, i have no idea how to make the Objectives say - Capture Outpost Town To Win. In most campaign maps that Objective is just saying Eliminate All Enemies. Which is misleading at the same time. So i know what you feel.

I'll keep that in mind. Persuasion sure is terrifying. I haven't tried using a Conversion Army in that map.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

But at the start i am sure the message dialogue said to Ransack and escape (Not those words exactly). So i thought i was clear that capturing the enemy town will declare the victory.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Somehow my Map editor Grants have been lost. I emailed Dev About it but he doesn't know what is the problem.
So the Grave Missions additional maps will be put on hold. Same the two new Asgeir Campaign maps i've just made. Sad.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

godOfKings wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:39 am Wat u need to do is in the trigger for declare victory, long-click the trigger (the left side, not the effects or conditions in the right side) then a new menu will appear where u can rename the trigger, set whether its loop or not, whether its objective or not, and if its objective then a section to describe it to the player,
This is how u set a trigger as an objective, its a new feature so most map creators dont know yet

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Basically i just need to create a new trigger with option - Objective and add the description text?

I can do that. Stratego has already told me what to do to fix my problem.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

No... I meant the trigger that u set for victory, the one where tc owned player 1 declare victory for player 1, that trigger, u dont change anything else just long click that trigger and make it objective

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Okay then. I'll modify the 1st map of Grave Missions.

I'll also add some new things if possible. (But don't expect anything).
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Nothing happens when i long-click the Declare victory effect or the owned by player condition. @godOfKings.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Not the effect or condition, the trigger name on LEFT SIDE

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

lol. I have misunderstood twice. I got it now. Thanks.

The map will be updated.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

For the captain not to be converted, i've switched the unit to a Marauder Leader. An inconvertible Heavily Armoured Mounted unit. I've also fixed the weak palisade blocking the town. The map now easier thanks to the addition of 1 production factory to the yellow team.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I have updated the 5th map to have the objectives.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

godOfKings wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:39 am Good idea (meanwhile i used only healer spams to capture any blue units they send, and in the end converted the enemy spartan hoplite, or captain, used him to destroy enemy factories then captured outpost to win :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-))
So u say he is inconvertible? Hmmmmmmm.....

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Marauder Leader is an Inconvertible unit. Since he is the captain, i thought that he shouldn't be converted.
The attack waves he sends can be persuaded though. But the campaign map is easier now so don't worry about that.

You can now either do the:
long way - Capture Raider towns and Go to Outpost Town. Safer but longer.
Or the Shortcut - Go to Gildis Camp immediately and capture their Town. Dangerous but possible.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

It is now in Dev version @tamtam12345, @godOfKings.
Also the new, newbie challenges maps. You can play them if you'd like.
Cantarzo

Post by Cantarzo »

1 mission
Turn limit(50) could be lower, 35 more then enough

Edit: it is fun to take time to build dozens of balista+ coolguy
Last edited by Cantarzo on Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I think that's not really a necessary change.

I did make the turn count above average because i wanted it to be enjoyable at the very least. No rushing and all, taking your time to enjoy the first mission.

Return to “Campaign map discussions”