When creating a map, how do I hard set where player TCs will spawn?

Here you will find answers to questions, and learn how to do stuff (like creating your own maps)
Jundavr

When creating a map, how do I hard set where player TCs will spawn?

Post by Jundavr »

I made a nice mirrored map for multiplayer games, but I can't figure out how to make TC spawn fixed.

It's a (20,20) map and I want one player to spawn at (0,0) and the other to spawn at (19,19) (opposite corners).

There are some weird "structures" in the unit menu that tells me to set two of them, but how exactly do I use them? I tried selecting the 2-player one and putting one on 0,0 and another on 19,19 but it didn't work: the players now started close to each other
Jundavr

Re: When creating a map, how do I hard set where player TCs will spawn?

Post by Jundavr »

By the way, I already set a bunch of fixed TCs, I'm having trouble with setting player spawn location only
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

If you want to make a skirmish-type multiplayer map with preset count of players than choose to make a skirmish map.

On that map if you place ONLY 1 tc for player (no more tc or units) it will automatically give a set amount of starting units within it.

Not sure how those random tc spawners working though on random maps.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Jundavr

Post by Jundavr »

I wanted to make a map with more than 1 TC for each player, though.

Thanks for the reply, but I figured it out: the TC spawners work fine, but for some reason a couple of obstacles were being converted into spawners when I saved the map. Deleting these obstacles and remaking them fixed it and I managed to finish the map.

I sent it to dev email with screenshot, let's see if it gets accepted
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

If you want the players to have more than one TC, I suppose you could put the TCs down with the respective colors, if you haven't tried that yet.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton

Return to “FAQ”