Elf woodshaper quintupled. IMPLEMENTED

Huttensohn

Elf woodshaper quintupled. IMPLEMENTED

Post by Huttensohn »

I played multiplayer dessert Mediterranean elf vs human. I transformed a Woodshaper into the ent form, my enemy attacked and burned the unit. in my turn, it took damage from the fire and transformed back into the normal form. But when I used an ability with the unit and moved him away, there was still a woodshaper. and again and again. in total 5 woodshapers came out from that tile until it was over, all with the same stats (also same cool down numbers). how could that happen?
My Name is Trior in age of Modern wars (second most multiplayer wins)
Anchar

Re: Elf woodshaper quintupled.

Post by Anchar »

By the way, I also had this. I confirm.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

@Stratego (dev) can you look at this? xD
Age of Fantasy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sounds very bad - but i can only look at it if someone can tell me how to reproduce.
can it be reproduced in single player game?
or only in multiplayer game?

and how to reproduce? thanks!

daniel
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think it might be because of the drop-on-death of the unit.

Maybe we could increase slightly the transformed form hp and remove the drop on death feature if it might bring to such outcomes.

The only ability available for the ent form should be the transform back into elven form, so I guess it is the transformation that conflicts, somehow, with the drop on death thing.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, please someone figure out a reproducing method. thx
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Few questions:
Did this bug appear in multiplayer for you or in single player as well?

Armored woodshaper dies on your turn from damage-over-time effect specifically or on opponent's turn as well?

i killed manually one or 2 times armored woodshaper in order to get a free normal woodshaper to cast a spell and i had no such bug before. Need to check this as well.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

As far as I remember, I played in multiplayer (I even have this map). I don't remember whether it was killed in a tree form or changed manually (most likely killed (most likely by setting it on fire)), maybe inside it I planted 2 of the same but not transformed, as a result, it was cloned somewhere up to 3.4 times. It was 1-2 versions of the game back.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

probably due to version deifferences + tretop archery than (armored form must not be affected by that tech in the first place, was fixed).
Alas i will double check this in single player.

Can't check in multiplayer though.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

How to reproduce:
create woodshaper, transform in armoured form, attack and burn him so that the armoured form dies in his OWN turn, not in the attackers turn. Than just click on the woodshapers and make them leave the tiles until there is none left.
it was a 1vs1 game, current version. I'll send the log to dev. again, my armoured form died in my own turn, from fire.

balance wise, I find it justified that the woodshaper pops out in his normal form after his armoured form is destroyed. I think this I balanced by slow speed, cool down and the fact that you can't attack in the turn of transforming or transforming back.
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

Okay, I Know managed to recreate it. created skirmish (human player vs human player) humans vs elf, created a lot of fire archers and woodshapers, turned woodshapers into ent form, burned armoured woodshapers with fire archers so that they would die from fire in their own turn and boom - it was there again. this time it gave me even 10 woodshapers out of one single armoured form unit . sometimes, even two sprites appear in a tile. I have Screenshots and can email them you. I used different abilities before stepping out of the tiles, don't know if this is relevant.
Last edited by Huttensohn on Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

@Stratego (dev)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok i have a fix, but it can affect all transformations (any can get ruined) so please try most of the types (manual, manual, on-die ... so one from each type)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

uos 10

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”