Pike ranged attack
Pole arm wielder
Cons:
Very low health
Low bonuses
Doesn't benefit from blacksmith upgrades
Low damage
Easily replaced by Spearman and its upgrades
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
DreJaDe

Re: Sarissa pikemen

Post by DreJaDe »

QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:56 pm Sarrisa pikeman
cost: 2
trained in: Barracks
hp: 10
att: 5
spd: 3
rng: 2
armor: 0/0
Mental res: 0%
Heal bonus: 1.0
Bonuses:
75% Mounted
100% Heavy cavalry slow
120% Medium cavalry, Chariot
150% Heavy cavalry
300% Elephant
categories:
Greek, Polearm wielder, Anti-mounted.

Pros:
cheap anti-mounted unit
Pike ranged attack
Pole arm wielder
Cons:
Very low health
Low bonuses
Doesn't benefit from blacksmith upgrades
Low damage
Easily replaced by Spearman and its upgrades
For some reason, it looks odd to be a 2 turn unit. It looks so weak even though I think IRL would atleast be stronger than that. Why not a 3 turn with stronger stats and bonus to light units?
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

It can, I just proposed a cheap version.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Sarissa is not very powerful,max the dmg can be 3 or 4
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Morningwarrior wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:55 am Sarissa is not very powerful,max the dmg can be 3 or 4
Then that would just be a normal spear unit then. I still want to make them be able to stand toe to toe with other units and 4 dmg isn't going to cut it.

They would be able to fight if they move back but if I remember, this type of unit fight with assist in the back but if their damage is just 4 then it's kinda worthless.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

sarissa is more like a pikeman but a little less equipped but he could be a great attack unit with 4 speed, it would be more of a weak pikeman done in 3 turns compensated with speed and damage 2 away and I don't even mention an ability that possibly would make up for this lack of damage
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Morningwarrior wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:34 am sarissa is more like a pikeman but a little less equipped but he could be a great attack unit with 4 speed, it would be more of a weak pikeman done in 3 turns compensated with speed and damage 2 away and I don't even mention an ability that possibly would make up for this lack of damage
4 speed? I thought they were meant to hold position through a phalanx. Why would they need 4 speed? More like 2 or 3 speed.

Still vote for bonus against light units

Hmmm I've been thinking, what if pikes have first strike as natural ability.

Since the range can't be translated that much for this game like how swordsman can still rush pikeman even though it's almost impossible what if they have a first strike ability?
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Agreed for first strike ability. Units with pikes should be affected from it the very beginning.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

DreJaDe wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:06 am
Morningwarrior wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:34 am sarissa is more like a pikeman but a little less equipped but he could be a great attack unit with 4 speed, it would be more of a weak pikeman done in 3 turns compensated with speed and damage 2 away and I don't even mention an ability that possibly would make up for this lack of damage
4 speed? I thought they were meant to hold position through a phalanx. Why would they need 4 speed? More like 2 or 3 speed.

Since the range can't be translated that much for this game like how swordsman can still rush pikeman even though it's almost impossible what if they have a first strike ability?
No just it,but ability caled polearm charge,make the sarissa dmg increase for +100% cooldown 4 turns,and stay activited for 1 turn
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Morningwarrior wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 am
DreJaDe wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:06 am

No just it,but ability caled polearm charge,make the sarissa dmg increase for +100% cooldown 4 turns,and stay activited for 1 turn
Wtf is polearm charge?

Phalanx is a slow formation, how would they even charge.

A first strike is better.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Polearm charge is just a exemple,i think a better name to him,the ability is just sarissa increase he dmg in 100%
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Morningwarrior wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:37 pm Polearm charge is just a exemple,i think a better name to him,the ability is just sarissa increase he dmg in 100%
Formations like the Legion training tech would fit more.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Morningwarrior wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:37 pm Polearm charge is just a exemple,i think a better name to him,the ability is just sarissa increase he dmg in 100%
Why not just put up the damage then reduce the bonus.

I actually think that spearman should have the same damage as swordsman but weaker bonus that will still have their normal damage to knights. Well, no Dev would agree to this though
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Well my opinion is that no stab from a spear or polearm is less fatal than sword when used correctly. And with quite enough thrust, fatal than a common sword. But to keep the counter anticounter nature of AoS, it is good for the spearman to remain the same, as it is only useful against mounted, swordsman against structures, mounted against archers and infantry and archers against light infantry. The basics.and first strike is a quite neat tech to keep the higher, pricier polearm wielder alive.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Wait sarissa is not roman.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Morningwarrior wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:17 pm Wait sarissa is not roman.
Yes, but I don't think that's the point of quad
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Yes

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”