Nyadhos campaign: interprise - impossible to be beaten In turn 50 ANSWERED by Tamtam

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Badnorth

Nyadhos campaign: interprise - impossible to be beaten In turn 50 ANSWERED by Tamtam

Post by Badnorth »

Turn counter is too short for a large map. Therefore can't be finished within 50 turns due to the lack of towns and units plus the opponent has a castle and a water border making it huge obstacles. I finished in 64. I suggest increasing it to 75 or 80.

(Edit: Setted to answered)
Last edited by Badnorth on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
tamtam12345

Re: Nyadhos campaign: interprise - impossible to be beaten In turn 50

Post by tamtam12345 »

Tried it once today. Win in turn 45. Try to use hwacha & elite cannoner to attack them.
It around turn 40, some blue units spawn in top right hand corner, be aware of that.
Badnorth

Re: Nyadhos campaign: interprise - impossible to be beaten In turn 50

Post by Badnorth »

Unfortunately I don't have them.
As of now I only unlocked half and a quarter of the upgrades.

Yes, I was ambushed by those horse archers. I didn't expect them at all but luckily I got a fort nearby.
Badnorth

Re: Nyadhos campaign: interprise - impossible to be beaten In turn 50 ANSWERED by Tamtam

Post by Badnorth »

Is it really possible? I can't believe it :o
Endru1241

Re: Nyadhos campaign: interprise - impossible to be beaten In turn 50 ANSWERED by Tamtam

Post by Endru1241 »

It perfectly possible :
- start worker production
- build factory and produce something to deal with horse archers (reiter or horse skirmisher in archery, some lancer in stables or just start producing strelty
- start building castle
- workers can sacrifice a turn or two to block paths by pallisade gates or frisian horses
- produce mainly gunpowder units, as it's your advantage
- dedicate 1 or 2 workers for defence of tc (until isolated on the east) and send the rest to the west - building towers, wagons, hwachas in the way. Even without hwacha - workers can still build ballistae and catapultae.

I personally did the map without hwachas within turn limit.
Age of Strategy design leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I will come back sometime and try to 3 star the map once again. I first need to farm some gems so I can get an upgrade or two. Im going for cavalier first and then thinking of hwacha or poison archer. I doubt I'll get 2 stars below again because I got some tips and I now know the layout of the map.

But thanks you 2 for trying that large and time consuming map. I am now trying to beat a map in paths of rome, tis easy but the allied ai is making it hard!

Return to “Campaign map discussions”