Orc dragons are too strong.- ANSWERED

Anchar

Orc dragons are too strong.- ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

Orc dragons are too strong.
I've already seen a discussion of orc dragons somewhere, but I don't remember where.I think they deserve a separate topic in balancing discussions.

When fighting the orcs, I often see spam of Dragon and Drake Wyrm.They are too strong compared to other dragons, the fact that orcs are the strongest in my opinion should not mean that their subraces and pets should also be the strongest.

Why I decided that Orc dragons are the strongest:
1)The stats of these dragons are higher in terms of attack life and armor in relation to cost (in 1 running goblins) compared to other dragons.

2) Cheap cost in goblin sacrifices. The fact that drakes are summoned in 3 turns is as ridiculous as if a rider on a drake would cost human 3 moves at 1 stage of development, and then would increase the cost.

3) Ability to summon different dragons with different recharge. Yes, the wyrm has a recharge, but while it passes, you can summon a dragon, then a drake, then again in a circle, as a result of which you can spam endlessly without waiting.

My suggestions:
1) Make reloading of all 3 types of dragons common. This will give players meaningful choices and increase overall production time.

2) Make the number of victims the same for each dragon or with a difference of 1.

3) Make the stats of the orc dragons lower, especially the armor. I don't understand why a human drake has armor from 0 to 2, while an orc has 3 at once.

4) Remove the ability to impose the effect of armor from the troll shaman, this makes him unkillable.

5) Make these dragons on foot or slower.

6) Remove goblins in 1 turn either from the game or from the troll shaman sacrifices.
Alexander82

Re: Orc dragons are too strong.

Post by Alexander82 »

Orc dragons require a whole tech tree to summon them and have a high amount of needed sacrifices that was choosen because there were 1 turn goblins. The spells used to summon dragons have a long cooldown so that they can't be spammed. Dragons have many units that have bonus against them so they can be killed reasonably.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Anchar

Re: Orc dragons are too strong.- ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

Can I send a screenshot of the spam here?

Yes, dragons have a recharge, but as I wrote, you can avoid it by making different dragons in a circle.

The Orc Dragon Tech tree is worth little more than the Human Drake tree when you count.

Yes, orc dragons have vulnerabilities like other dragons, but unlike other dragons, they have a large number of lives and armor+ trolls shamans apply the armor effect on them.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Anchar wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:22 am Can I send a screenshot of the spam here?

Yes, dragons have a recharge, but as I wrote, you can avoid it by making different dragons in a circle.

The Orc Dragon Tech tree is worth little more than the Human Drake tree when you count.

Yes, orc dragons have vulnerabilities like other dragons, but unlike other dragons, they have a large number of lives and armor+ trolls shamans apply the armor effect on them.
Though i may agree tht orc is strong. I buffs are easily dispellable by other like priest which is availbale for 2 turns. They can also be spammed more than other type of orc spell units
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

The priest is available to the human, but what about the elves and the undead.

In addition, this is a sacrifice of a priest in order to remove the effect that will be applied to the Wyrm on the next turn again. You will need a lot of archers to kill Wyrm in 1 turn and to prevent this from happening.

Add to this that the healing of Wyrm goes by +50 by the shaman orc and +70 by the troll by the shaman, regardless of their level of development.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Anchar wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:47 am The priest is available to the human, but what about the elves and the undead.

In addition, this is a sacrifice of a priest in order to remove the effect that will be applied to the Wyrm on the next turn again. You will need a lot of archers to kill Wyrm in 1 turn and to prevent this from happening.

Add to this that the healing of Wyrm goes by +50 by the shaman orc and +70 by the troll by the shaman, regardless of their level of development.
I forgot but i fought Mak. Human vs Orc where i lost. I dont really know if its the time when you only need the 1 turn unit to spam it or not but i holded my line quite kkay considering hes stronger than me. I think that if the one who played is better in terms of playing human. I think that person has a better chance.

Human turtle is actually quite damging to dragon spam especicially since if done right theres no way to heal thw dragon and for the spell casters to go near 6 tiles from the controlled area.

If i remember i quite have the chancd there but just kept doing mistakes. Well thats me after all.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

What turtle? Do you mean formation or some kind of fighter?
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Most likely this is due to the fact that you played on a small map or lost to him in the race for centers. I always play on the map 50-50 and there the orc captures more buildings, which allows him to spam dragons from the rear where no one bothers him.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Anchar wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:47 am The priest is available to the human, but what about the elves and the undead.

But the CD of Wyrms is the longest, thus you can't ever spam Wyrms in games. It is much easyer to kill drakes and easyer to kill dragons. Even if the shaman can circularly summon weaker units, it also means that he's wasting sacrifice to summon suboptimal units that will be killed a lot more easily by the enemy ranged units.

Also, maybe you don't know, but later the spell distribution will be made different.

The basic troll shaman will only be able to summon drakes, the elite one will summon drakes and dragons and oly the master version will gain access to the summon wyrm spell (that will also happen to several other spells for all races, where lower tiers will be able to access only lower variants of the spells or the spells themselves will be based on the "abilityPower" stat).
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Other”