Raise longbowmans range - ANSWERED

Alexander82

Re: Raise longbowmans range

Post by Alexander82 »

Savra wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:07 pm Reading through @makazuwr32 suggestion, it looks like it should be fine.
Btw if your referring to the aimed shot for the elf sentry to increase its range to 12, it actually reduces their range by 1, deducts speed by 4, deducts attack by 4, and increases actions by 2,

Anyway, @Alexander82 you could just combine your idea with Mak's, giving the elves a longbow unit, while doing what you suggested with the longbow unit for humans.

Orc archer could just be a stronger archer for orcs compared to the goblin archers, while units with higher range could be left to sub races like for example, longbow units for hobgoblins.

Undead could have a 8 ranged unit for the phantoms, the phantom archer that was suggested that is. They have other means of reaching high ranges anyway like the use of the liches and their magic missiles which can reach range 8.

As for the throwers idea, I suggest we leave for the races a max range of 6 for the throwers while the trolls, being bigger and stronger as well as more costly, could have 7 at max.

The elves outpost should remain with their vision aura so that they still have some uses by upping the unit insides attack, but you could remove the range bonus of you feel like.
No, I won't change the range of other races.

We have already a pretty thin range of variability among ranged units and reducing elites units archers to 8 would also mean that crossbowmen should have range 7, also to balance out things their attack should increase by at least +2 or +3 for the lost efficiency.

Since the longbowman unit is pretty useful already (as reported on discord by other forumers) I don't feel the need or further changes and thus everything will stay as it is.
Age of Fantasy design leader
makazuwr32

Re: Raise longbowmans range - ANSWERED

Post by makazuwr32 »

Alexander82 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:44 pm 2) we give +1 range and -2 damage to longbowman, remove aimed shot and we should, then, give a 10 range archer for the basic elven army.
This option as for me is good enough (by the way sentry's range will also increase or not? Or maybe instead he will get bonus attack?)
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:37 pm
Alexander82 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:44 pm 2) we give +1 range and -2 damage to longbowman, remove aimed shot and we should, then, give a 10 range archer for the basic elven army.
This option as for me is good enough (by the way sentry's range will also increase or not? Or maybe instead he will get bonus attack?)
No, It is not necessary to raise further elite unit's range as they have already a higher damage. Anyway since current situation seems fine I will leave things as they are.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Alexander82 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:25 pm
Anchar wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:28 pm I believe that orc archers should be inferior to human archers by 1 in range
That would mean increasing the range of goblin archer as orcish archer already has -1 range on human archer and that's not going to change (I might raise the goblin archer's range though).
I'm assuming you mean their max range? At base, the Orc archer starts with his higher range, and ends at 8, goblin archer perfect range already, if you increase that then you might as well increase skeletons, humans, and dwarves ranges as well, and that to me is unnecessary being that it would only lead to further complaints and problems.

Simply just do the increase for the human archer that you suggested and we could go from there.

Also, I'd still like to see a longbow elf archer.

As for humans aimed shot ability, why don't we just make that a tech researchable for humans longbowman and base archer? Like the elves only with a different effect like +1 range and +2 attack while the imperial one would have a slightly better version of this.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Savra wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:22 pm
Anchar wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:28 pm I believe that orc archers should be inferior to human archers by 1 in range
That would mean increasing the range of goblin archer as orcish archer already has -1 range on human archer and that's not going to change (I might raise the goblin archer's range though).
I'm assuming you mean their max range? At base, the Orc archer starts with his higher range, and ends at 8, goblin archer perfect range already, if you increase that then you might as well increase skeletons, humans, and dwarves ranges as well, and that to me is unnecessary being that it would only lead to further complaints and problems.

Simply just do the increase for the human archer that you suggested and we could go from there.

Also, I'd still like to see a longbow elf archer.

As for humans aimed shot ability, why don't we just make that a tech researchable for humans longbowman and base archer? Like the elves only with a different effect like +1 range and +2 attack while the imperial one would have a slightly better version of this.
It was just a joke, since he was saying that orc and goblin archer should share the same range.

Anyway I think it is better not as @makazuwr32 wanted elves to have higher range for elven archers. If we raise the range for the longbowman it would be strange if the imperial archer had a shorter range.

I am thinking that we could use the longbowman as the basic archer with 9 range maxed and cost 2, while the current archer could be replaced by a shortbowman similar to the elven fast archer (lower range/damage and double action for cost 3).
Savra

Post by Savra »

That could work too, then their wouldn't be much problems with ranged.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Ok so I'd like you all to vote the following solutions:

1) keep things as they are

2) keep current archer as it is with the longbowman image and use the basic archer image for a fast archer (cost 3, 2 actions, max range 8 and attack 4).
Savra

Post by Savra »

Would the longbowman keep his aimed shot for the second proposal? If so then I am for option 2.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I meant that after this update, the maximum range of the archer in 2 turns will be 8, which will coincide with the range of the orc archers in 3 turns.
I do not want it.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

And what did you choose eventually. Do you want to reduce the range of archers in 2 turns by -1 and remove the skill of archers in 3 turns?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Savra wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:39 am Would the longbowman keep his aimed shot for the second proposal? If so then I am for option 2.
No, it will actually be identical to current archer.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Anchar wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:53 am And what did you choose eventually. Do you want to reduce the range of archers in 2 turns by -1 and remove the skill of archers in 3 turns?
I'm basically proposing to trade tge longbowman for a dual action archer (like the elven quick archer).
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Alexander82 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:04 am
Anchar wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:53 am And what did you choose eventually. Do you want to reduce the range of archers in 2 turns by -1 and remove the skill of archers in 3 turns?
I'm basically proposing to trade tge longbowman for a dual action archer (like the elven quick archer).
So the maximum range of normal human archers for 2 turns will remain 9?
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

If from the ranges there are 9 maximum, then I am for it. I never used the skill of truckers because I did not know about it, so it makes no difference to me.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Anchar wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:57 am
Alexander82 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:04 am
So the maximum range of normal human archers for 2 turns will remain 9?
Exactly

Return to “Archived - Other”