Uruk hai bombman

Alpha

Uruk Hai Suicide Bomber

Post by Alpha »

A Uruk Hai Suicide Bomber. Has a huge blast radius. Has a extra bonus against buildings, and take a huge chunk off of a Mega Building.
Epic Gamer Moment!
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Uruk Hai Suicide Bomber

Post by DoomCarrot »

I think this is a cool idea. However, I feel like it might be overused on basic maps and underused on forest maps. On a normal map these could just be put in wagons and easily taken to the enemy, making them incredibly useful. But in a situation where they cannot be transported, enemy archers would easily dispose of them, making them almost useless.

I think we need to come up with an idea to make them a versatile unit but not overpowered. It is a good concept though to go with other uruk-hai units.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Alpha

Re: Uruk Hai Suicide Bomber

Post by Alpha »

They can die easily from infantry and can only be activated if it didn't fove
Epic Gamer Moment!
Vārimathras Ashegūl

Uruk hai bombman

Post by Vārimathras Ashegūl »

A uruk with a large bomb used to blow the walls dies on hit.
Cost: 4
Hp: 26
Att: 20
Speed: 3
Armors: 0/3
Spread dmg: 2
Bonus:
100% Buildings
150% Fortified buildings
300% Mega Buildings
500% Walls
THE WORLD WILL BE MINE! :evil:
Alexander82

Re: Uruk hai bombman

Post by Alexander82 »

There was already a suggestion of that kind somewhere. In general I'm not a huge fan of units that only work by being sacrificed. I would make it just a bomb throwing unit that can also blow itself up (also I wouldn't ever use a 4 turn unit against fortification that kill himself when used and can only destroy stuff in melee when there are already some good ranged siege units that can be used much more safely).
Age of Fantasy design leader
Vārimathras Ashegūl

Post by Vārimathras Ashegūl »

Alexander82 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:15 pm There was already a suggestion of that kind somewhere. In general I'm not a huge fan of units that only work by being sacrificed. I would make it just a bomb throwing unit that can also blow itself up (also I wouldn't ever use a 4 turn unit against fortification that kill himself when used and can only destroy stuff in melee when there are already some good ranged siege units that can be used much more safely).
Good idea.
THE WORLD WILL BE MINE! :evil:
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think it might look like a uruk with a bomb/dynamite in one hand and a barrel-backpack on his back.

@Savra would you like to make an attempt or should I do it later?
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Such a proposal has already been received for the goblins and I wrote this proposal for the gnomes, orcs do not need demolitionists, since they have goblins worth 1 turn with the pumping of goblin explosions.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yes, it can be nice only if it is just used as a last resort (I'm using the same approach with dwarves. I don't think that self destructing units are a good option for them either if not for a last resort).
Savra

Post by Savra »

I mean, I can make one, but why not just make it a unit that can place a large bomb instead that has a delay to it exploding? The summon could have a cool of 4-5 maybe, uruks did have large spike bombs that they did this with, and we could probably grant a Uruk bezerker the ability to speed up that time too. (Similar to the necromancers delayed vanishing ability but instead it deducts a turn.)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

maybe we can try both things

I just fear that such a long kind of "siege" would end up being obsolete compared to other safer way to destroy buildings.

Unless such a thing can one hit kill everything in a big radius, I can't think how it could actually be useful (also it should be possible for enemies to disarm it and that means more work xD).
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Against the background of stone throwers running through the water, goblins on bats, orcs of fire spear throwers, goblins in 1 turn with grenades, no one will use this
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

These fighters would be useful and logical for humans or gnomes, but not for orcs.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

As I said there are some planned for dwarves 😉
Savra

Post by Savra »

Well, the enemy only needs to destroy it, being that the ability works like the phantoms suspend transformation.

The bomb itself could do more damage them simply 10 and could have higher bonuses to structures and fortifications.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that the unit can still be a thrower that uses small bombs as his main mean. He might have both a deploy bomb ability and a self destruction one. It should be more costly than other uruk infantry units.
Savra

Post by Savra »

That could work, another option could be a tech for all uruks that could cost a bit but would allow all uruks to place a bomb. But that's just another option.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Like for goblin grenade, then. In that case that ability shouldn't be that powerful (yet more than goblin grenade). I would still go for the bomber though.
Savra

Post by Savra »

I was actually referring to them being able to place the bombs.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yes, I've got that, but in general a widespread racial effect shouldn't be too strong than a effect from a specialized unit.
Savra

Post by Savra »

I see, well let me just think of something here.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Something like this?
Attachments
Spike mine.png
Spike mine.png (806 Bytes) Viewed 2089 times
Uruk demolitionist.png
Uruk demolitionist.png (1.96 KiB) Viewed 2089 times
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

And what if we made each Uruk Hai the skill of planting mines, but only one Uruk Hai with a torch could detonate them like in the Lord of the Rings.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Anchar wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:17 pm And what if we made each Uruk Hai the skill of planting mines, but only one Uruk Hai with a torch could detonate them like in the Lord of the Rings.
The idea itself would be cool if we could create some sort of chain reaction, but I think it isn't possible at the moment.

I would try to keep it simple also cause something of that kind might be extremely cool on a map but would end up being to tricky for an actual game.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Savra wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:02 pm Something like this?
Try making the backpack more visible maybe? Also what about a reddish dynamite stick in his hand? It would stand out more. Current bomb, although correct, seems a bit like the unit has a closed fist (probably cause of the armor color).

Also the torch itself seems confused on the body. What about switching bomb and torch?
Savra

Post by Savra »

He didn't have a torch actually, but now I guess he does.
Attachments
Uruk demolitionist.png
Uruk demolitionist.png (1.93 KiB) Viewed 2017 times
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think it looks better :D
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I believe that such a Uruk should not have armor, so I looked at how he looks in the film and drew a rough image of how I see such a fighter.
Attachments
Urykkamikadze2.png
Urykkamikadze2.png (1.09 KiB) Viewed 1994 times
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I prefer all the units of the uruks sub to look the same, also it isn't the exact same unit of the film ;)
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

In my opinion, it would look funnier if each unit of the Uruk Hays had their own armor, emphasizing their belonging to the type of troops. The type of armor that is in the game corresponds to the elite of the Uruk Hays who were sent in pursuit of the brotherhood of the ring, but in the battle at the fortress it is already clear that the armor of the Uruk Hays is different. As for my image, this is just a poor example (alpha version).

Return to “Orc”